Comments
5,361 - 5,380 of 8,050 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5817 Apr 2, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
********** Notice Columbus Topix **********
I have a breaking news from my news sources in Washington. The Topix gods have intercepted some messages that have been sent to North Korea.
We have all by now heard of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Correct?
Guess what there is a turn coat right under our nose. It is the no good Hugh Loser Thompson III. The Topix god say they are related. I knew III was evil, I just didn't know how evil. Now we know, Kim Jong UN. What say you BLUNDERBUSS?
From the private desk of Pale Rider
private desk?

did you mean toilet seat?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5818 Apr 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
The immigration test for Costa Rica (I imagine you're talking about eligibility for residency?) is pretty easy. I'm not really sure there is anyone who can read this (minus Spook, perhaps) who can't qualify for permission to reside.
So far as the Netherlands, I'm delighted to hear about what status you would be seeking there, given the rather slim longer term pickings for non EU/EEA natives. I don't imagine you would seek naturalization (being ineligible and likely to remain that way for some time, barring a Dutch spouse). I imagine what you're talking about in having passed the "immigration test" is that you would qualify for a short stay residence permit (with the funds needed to access this visa coming in at a whopping 34 euros a day)? Or the requirements for proper residence permit (remember, as an American you don't need a MVV!) if you can demonstrate a need to reside in country?
Also, weren't you supposed to be off on a fishing trip...now?
I wish with all your brilliance you could force Spring weather upon us.

April 1st has ice on the harbors of Laker Erie.

Since the permission to take time off from work is mine alone, then when water is 45 degrees, you know I will be jigging walleyes for about 3 weeks constant.

By chance I catch a carp, where do you want it shipped?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5819 Apr 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
The immigration test for Costa Rica (I imagine you're talking about eligibility for residency?) is pretty easy. I'm not really sure there is anyone who can read this (minus Spook, perhaps) who can't qualify for permission to reside.
So far as the Netherlands, I'm delighted to hear about what status you would be seeking there, given the rather slim longer term pickings for non EU/EEA natives. I don't imagine you would seek naturalization (being ineligible and likely to remain that way for some time, barring a Dutch spouse). I imagine what you're talking about in having passed the "immigration test" is that you would qualify for a short stay residence permit (with the funds needed to access this visa coming in at a whopping 34 euros a day)? Or the requirements for proper residence permit (remember, as an American you don't need a MVV!) if you can demonstrate a need to reside in country?
Also, weren't you supposed to be off on a fishing trip...now?
PS: Your above......I own building lots in both of the countries you think you know something about.

Both countries allowed the purchase, and both know part time residences will be built on them.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5820 Apr 2, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish with all your brilliance you could force Spring weather upon us.
April 1st has ice on the harbors of Laker Erie.
Since the permission to take time off from work is mine alone, then when water is 45 degrees, you know I will be jigging walleyes for about 3 weeks constant.
By chance I catch a carp, where do you want it shipped?
I'm really sorry, that's quite a shame!

Could you talk a bit more about your plans to move overseas? I'm not quite sure what you've indicated by saying you've passed the "immigration test" for different areas but have tried to address your concerns in posts above.

I would very, very strongly suggest speaking to an immigration solicitor and tax advisor in the near future as your understanding of Mexican/Costa Rican/Dutch immigration policy seems wonderfully patchwork and poorly fleshed out.

If you want any specific advice re: Mexico, always happy to help!

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#5822 Apr 2, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: Your above......I own building lots in both of the countries you think you know something about.
Both countries allowed the purchase, and both know part time residences will be built on them.
Wow, hope you managed to get both the escritura and map for your CR property.

I'm not sure you really understand what's needed to get permission to live overseas. Purchasing property overseas rarely (off the top of my head I can't think of a single example of a country that does, Panama used to?) affords an immigration status to the property owner. Even as a property owner (and yes, even with planning permission) you'll need to seek appropriate visa status, unless seeking to remain in the countries for less than the regular span of tourist visas. Even then you may want to seek a visa solution with the countries in question as unusual travel patterns coupled with local property ownership can trigger fears of overstaying in front line immigration officials.

Tl:dr: Property ownership would not confer visa status.

Similarly, if you need any advice on property ownership and visa compliance in a non-resident country (we've got a holiday pad elsewhere in Europe) especially in an EU country, feel free to ask.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#5823 Apr 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Having graduated from Colby and lived in the area of the Cabot Straight for three years, I know.
You are one sad and sorry hilljack. If you wish, I'll recount my hiking around the Cabot Trail and my summer in Baddeck.
You will do that even if we don't wish.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5824 Apr 2, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fish Reality ever caught was a Sunfish out of a little farm pond owned by an Amish Farmer in Holmes County, just out of Walnut Creek, about a mile north in the countryside. That is it, a minnow size Sunfish with a hook and a fishing worm he dug on the farm at the end of a drainage pipe, coming from a dairy barn.
according to someone who only has visions of fantasy.

I could troll you around behind the boat as bait, but not many fish eat chit.

Would be fun to watch you spin and scream useless BS, as the boat wake engulfs you to a gurgle.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5825 Apr 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, hope you managed to get both the escritura and map for your CR property.
I'm not sure you really understand what's needed to get permission to live overseas. Purchasing property overseas rarely (off the top of my head I can't think of a single example of a country that does, Panama used to?) affords an immigration status to the property owner. Even as a property owner (and yes, even with planning permission) you'll need to seek appropriate visa status, unless seeking to remain in the countries for less than the regular span of tourist visas. Even then you may want to seek a visa solution with the countries in question as unusual travel patterns coupled with local property ownership can trigger fears of overstaying in front line immigration officials.
Tl:dr: Property ownership would not confer visa status.
Similarly, if you need any advice on property ownership and visa compliance in a non-resident country (we've got a holiday pad elsewhere in Europe) especially in an EU country, feel free to ask.
I suppose you feel my ability to perform diligence insufficient?

Funny thing is.....you telling me something that I have already accomplished......4 times.

Your advise is mute on a closed subject. Those chapters have already been read. Yes an Attorney read the book with me.

In lieu of investing in ponzi schemes I invested in real property called land.

All it requires for Visa is a bit of planning, patience, and follow up. Being transparent in your ambitions makes the process simplistic if you follow directions.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#5826 Apr 2, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you feel my ability to perform diligence insufficient?
Funny thing is.....you telling me something that I have already accomplished......4 times.
Your advise is mute on a closed subject. Those chapters have already been read. Yes an Attorney read the book with me.
In lieu of investing in ponzi schemes I invested in real property called land.
All it requires for Visa is a bit of planning, patience, and follow up. Being transparent in your ambitions makes the process simplistic if you follow directions.
Several quick points.

As to your first question, yes.

So far as my advice (advise is a verb, advice the noun form) being "mute"
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mute
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moot

You may also want to more carefully check the visa eligibility requirements for countries in which you will require a visa. While planning, legal guidance and capital can go a long way to helping a valid application be successful, requirements are often quite a bit more specific than this.

You don't just get a visa from wanting one and filling out your forms properly, as many other expats will attest with me. Common requirements include family ties, a pressing reason to be granted residency, work, study, asylum, current immigration status, educational status, country of origin, ability to support, investments, language requirements...really, depending on where you go it can be much more difficult than just "planning, patience, and follow up".

Though there are loads of places that are pretty easy to get into! All depends on where and how, as your immigration solicitor will be able to counsel you at.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#5827 Apr 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Several quick points.
As to your first question, yes.
So far as my advice (advise is a verb, advice the noun form) being "mute"
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mute
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moot
You may also want to more carefully check the visa eligibility requirements for countries in which you will require a visa. While planning, legal guidance and capital can go a long way to helping a valid application be successful, requirements are often quite a bit more specific than this.
You don't just get a visa from wanting one and filling out your forms properly, as many other expats will attest with me. Common requirements include family ties, a pressing reason to be granted residency, work, study, asylum, current immigration status, educational status, country of origin, ability to support, investments, language requirements...really, depending on where you go it can be much more difficult than just "planning, patience, and follow up".
Though there are loads of places that are pretty easy to get into! All depends on where and how, as your immigration solicitor will be able to counsel you at.
hey dips hit !!!!!!!!!!

My family and I already possess the Visa's.

Thanks for your useless input.

I will wake Christmas morning in Costa Rica looking at the pacific ocean through my bedroom window.

you want to tell me how to have the walls painted too?
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#5828 Apr 2, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
For those that own a gun, or guns. Should Obama push for a law that every person in America, that owns a firearm.
Be required to Register all of their Firearms before they can get a license for their car, truck, boat, motorhome, or a marriage license?
No according to the left marriage is a right. If marriage is a right guranteed by the constitution then so is the 2nd amendment. So what's it going to be; gays marry and no more stupid gun laws, or gays don't marry and keep pushing the infringement on the 2nd amendment while alienating gun loving voters and those who support gay marriage?
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#5829 Apr 2, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
No according to the left marriage is a right. If marriage is a right guranteed by the constitution then so is the 2nd amendment. So what's it going to be; gays marry and no more stupid gun laws, or gays don't marry and keep pushing the infringement on the 2nd amendment while alienating gun loving voters and those who support gay marriage?
stick to doctorin, doc.

woof
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#5830 Apr 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, this requirement (or the alternate requirement that you hold roughly $100,000 USD in an account stable for at least a year) is really only something you would need to worry about as someone seeking a temporary resident visa. Retired folks seeking to gain PR would have to have a similarly large hold of savings but most common residence visas for Mexico on the basis of family ties, work, or student status wouldn't involve these figures!
Signed,
A former resident of Mexico City
Isn't it strange you have to prove all these things to become a citizen of most other countries, yet all you have to do us jump a fence and shit out a child on US soil and then you're set for life. Insane.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#5831 Apr 2, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it strange you have to prove all these things to become a citizen of most other countries, yet all you have to do us jump a fence and shit out a child on US soil and then you're set for life. Insane.
None of the above listed requirements are for naturalization, but for specific types of visa eligibility.

I assure you that the requirements for US visa eligibility are appropriately difficult, exhausting and unreasonable for many of the common residency visas. As they are here in the UK, as well...
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#5832 Apr 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
stick to doctorin, doc.
woof
No thanks. You don't stick to lying sorry lawyering for a living. Ill speak my mind.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

#5833 Apr 2, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one potential outcome of the DOMA decision.

If the feds cannot bar the states from recognizing a marriage in another state, then a CCW in Ohio must be recognized, EVEN IN NEW YORK CITY
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#5834 Apr 2, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one potential outcome of the DOMA decision.
If the feds cannot bar the states from recognizing a marriage in another state, then a CCW in Ohio must be recognized, EVEN IN NEW YORK CITY
You're confusing a Constitutional right with reasonable regulations of a Constitutional right.

Use your head, Karl.

woof
Pale Rider

AOL

#5835 Apr 2, 2013
Obama Traveling To Connecticut To Push For Gun Control Legislation

President Barack Obama is planning a trip to Connecticut Monday to step up the pressure on a reluctant Congress to pass gun control legislation.
Pale Rider

AOL

#5836 Apr 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>How do you pay off debt when you keep spending and won't make any cuts?
Your boy increased the debt more in FOUR years than Bush did in EIGHT, you hilljack.
David Stockman, Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush's Policies Bankrupt The Country
Pale Rider

AOL

#5837 Apr 2, 2013
Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan

During the 2012 presidential election, Stockman called Republican candidate Mitt Romney “a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses.”

Stockman also attacked Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan’s budget, arguing that it was “devoid of credible math or hard policy choices.”

The people spoke on November 6, 2012. They didn't want their America to go back to the failed policies of the Republicans. The Republican GREED all but bankrupt America.

Obama - 62,611,250 Popular Votes
Romney - 59,134,475 Popular Votes

Obama - 332 Electoral Votes
Mitt - 206 Electoral Votes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will The White House Get a Missle? 34 min Psalm118 5
~~~~~ OJ Simpson Joining ISIS 37 min Psalm118 1
WHY does ISIS Love Obama So Much?? DOHHhhhhhhhhh 46 min Psalm118 0
WHY Does America Hate Obama so much? 1 hr CeeG37 22
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr xxxrayted 30,510
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 3,219
We can't afford a war in Syria 3 hr Neutral Party 6
Where are all the original legacy posters? 8 hr d pantz 110
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 12 hr Tofte 2,291
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search