Gun Control Under Obama
Adif understanding

United States

#4550 Feb 16, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your solution the same as the NRA which is do nothing, let violent crime continue as is, and to pipe as many guns as possible onto the streets for criminals to use?
If you guys don't have active ideas and proposals to reduce violence then don't be surprised when proposals by others become bills and laws. But 'do nothing' is not acceptable.
Why would in the 200+ years of our country's existence before today, legislatures all across the country not do anything about guns? What has changed today that makes you think every politician until now has sat on their hands doing absolutely nothing?

Here is a hint, they haven't. Laws have been passed, laws are already on the books. The laws aren't enforced and people violate them. Enforcing laws is not doing nothing when doing nothing means not enforcing the existing laws. If you think something special needs to be done now and that involves creating a new law, you would have to be completely ignorant of existing laws and think that no other politician has ever seen the need to do something. That is a serious break from reality.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#4551 Feb 16, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
What law bans someone from carrying a gun while intoxicated? I know of none. In my state (Kentucky) there is no such law and I haven't heard of that law being in Ohio.
Only a law which says you cannot carry a gun in a bar. But there needs to be a law which states it's illegal to carry one while 'drinking', not intoxicated, but if even drinking.
It most certainly is illegal in Ohio to carry while intoxicated. But it is legal to carry in a bar.
You're embarrassing yourself, as usual.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#4552 Feb 16, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh... no we don't.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.15
2923.15 Using weapons while intoxicated.

What is 'using'?

Also that is if intoxicated. It should be against the law to even 'carry' a gun while 'drinking'. Not only intoxicated ..... but if drinking.

What happens if you have an open container of alcohol while driving? If you are even drinking (not drunk, but drinking) while operating a car? There's a law against it, at least there is in most states. There's a reason for those laws. They have proven to save lives. But for some needless stupid reason we will not put the same laws on our guns as we have on our cars. Oh, cool, I just did a line from Billy Jack.

#4553 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
We have concealed carry in Ohio, I advocate that more people start carrying.
In the states that don't have it (IL,CA,NY,MD,NJ,HI,MA) and the District of Columbia, I advocate it being extended there.
I own two guns. The first, a 40 cal model 23 Glock, my dad bought me so I could protect myself if my car broke down on the way to and from UK. The other I bought because it's easier to hide. It's a baby Glock. More and more of us (women) are buying guns. That's because you guys won't do anything about violent crime. If anything all you want to do is give criminals more guns.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#4554 Feb 16, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on who puts you against the wall. LA PD, just execution. Obama, depends on if there is a drone near by. Bush JR, you will rot in a jail in a foreign country waiting to find out. It all depends on who is coming after you.
Well, instead of answering the question for hypothetical folks not engaged in this conversation, how about answering the question about the guy who actually said it?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#4555 Feb 16, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I own two guns. The first, a 40 cal model 23 Glock, my dad bought me so I could protect myself if my car broke down on the way to and from UK. The other I bought because it's easier to hide. It's a baby Glock. More and more of us (women) are buying guns. That's because you guys won't do anything about violent crime. If anything all you want to do is give criminals more guns.
More laws change nothing. And when any are proposed, the first word that's heard from the opposition is, "RACIST!"
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#4556 Feb 16, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws have been proven not to work. The Democrats know this, therefore there must be another reason they want new laws. If it were an honorable reason they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, therefore since they're not, it is not unreasonable to assume it is for a dishonorable one, and THAT is what needs guarding against.
That is paranoid and insane.
Pale Rider

AOL

#4557 Feb 16, 2013
The mother of slain Chicago teenager Hadiya Pendleton on Friday released a public service advertisement urging members of Congress to support gun-control legislation.

Do you support gun legislation?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#4558 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
"redneck" "backwoods" mentioned in the same sentence with "elite"
Only in the left...
Only on the Right do redneck backwoods people align with the white elite who want to exploit them to form an evil party of ignorance and greed.

Wow. Characterizing an entire political perspective with one over-generalized sentence is easier than I thought.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#4559 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
As to the first one, violent crime has been dropping since 1991.
As to the second, Democratic legislators in Missouri and California have introduced real confiscation bills in those state legislatures. The California one may pass, an then spark civil war.
Have you ever considered simply challenging the offending provision in court like a good American as opposed to resorting to war?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#4560 Feb 16, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
2923.15 Using weapons while intoxicated.
What is 'using'?
Also that is if intoxicated. It should be against the law to even 'carry' a gun while 'drinking'. Not only intoxicated ..... but if drinking.
What happens if you have an open container of alcohol while driving? If you are even drinking (not drunk, but drinking) while operating a car? There's a law against it, at least there is in most states. There's a reason for those laws. They have proven to save lives. But for some needless stupid reason we will not put the same laws on our guns as we have on our cars. Oh, cool, I just did a line from Billy Jack.
The open container law is a revenueing measure.

Having passengers drinking doesn't make the car more dangerous.

2923.15 says "under the influence" that probably would be interpreted by a court to mean "one drink"

#4561 Feb 16, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>More laws change nothing. And when any are proposed, the first word that's heard from the opposition is, "RACIST!"
Ummmmmmm ..... how is this about being racist, and isn't it you that just brought it up and used the term, not someone Liberal?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#4562 Feb 16, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered simply challenging the offending provision in court like a good American as opposed to resorting to war?
California confiscated guns once already, the courts didn't care.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#4563 Feb 16, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is paranoid and insane.
Why? Wholesale confiscation measures have been proposed in three state legislatures and passing one of them.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#4564 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
California confiscated guns once already, the courts didn't care.
They didn't?

How did everybody get their guns back?
Pale Rider

AOL

#4565 Feb 16, 2013
Republicans like for you to believe, that the Democrats believe, all you need to defend your home is a brick.

This is a lie.

When you start believing Republicans, that is when America starts down hill. Look how America went down hill, after the last Republican sat on his dead ass in the White House for eight long miserable years. Then left with less than 20% approval rating.

Just say no to a Republican. You tell too many big lies.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#4566 Feb 16, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmmm ..... how is this about being racist, and isn't it you that just brought it up and used the term, not someone Liberal?
You're not too bright, DayStar. Whenever "tough on crime" measures are proposed, the left automatically screams that the "targets" are minorities.
Adif understanding

United States

#4567 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
2923.15 says "under the influence" that probably would be interpreted by a court to mean "one drink"
Don't waste too much time on her. Well, you can if you want, but I think it will be a waste of time. She didn't even follow the link and instead just inferred what it covered from the name posted beside it. She's either deliberately ignoring the facts in order to troll or clueless beyond help.

#4568 Feb 16, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
'Under the influence' means impaired ..... intoxicated. They even give you a BA test to see if you are drunk or not. If you score above a certain set point you are busted. But there is also a separate law about a driver drinking while driving (open container in his/her possession). There needs to be such a law for carrying a gun while drinking.
Adif understanding

United States

#4569 Feb 16, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, instead of answering the question for hypothetical folks not engaged in this conversation, how about answering the question about the guy who actually said it?
I believe it was answered according to who and how it was said. Little words like they and your imply meaning that we use to understand communications.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Comey Interview 46 min White Fangs 222
Racist white van mows pedestrians down in Toronto 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 57
Sean Hannity 1 hr White Fangs 279
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 7 hr 1CoolCat 848
Syracuse University Whitey Racists Gone Wild 7 hr Reality Speaks 37
Trump's VA nominee allegedly banged on the hote... 8 hr Reality Speaks 5
Hi im Holly Hylton Your Local Racist Starbucks ... 15 hr Wisconsin spook 118

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages