Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#4100 Feb 7, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its quite clear you believe Paco.
You can't go backwards now.
woof
It seems that you're already leaking from that blood vessel, champ.
Carry on!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4101 Feb 7, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6004
Per O.R.C. 9.68, all firearm laws in Ohio, except those restricting the discharge of firearms and certain zoning regulations, supersede any local ordinances. This restriction on municipalities was upheld by the Ohio Supreme Court in the cases of OFCC vs. Clyde (2008) and City of Cleveland vs. State of Ohio (2010).
Note how recent a phenomena that is.
So, why do you continue to count all of those municipal ordinances superseded by state statute in your count of gun laws?

As an aside, while that specific statute may be recent, the inability of a municipal ordinance to supersede a state statute is longstanding.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4102 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>No, it's called a typo, but thanks for giving us permission to point out any you might make in the future.
You mean like you and your girlfriend delighting in the recent misspelling of dynamite?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Hilliard, OH

#4103 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why do you continue to count all of those municipal ordinances superseded by state statute in your count of gun laws?
As an aside, while that specific statute may be recent, the inability of a municipal ordinance to supersede a state statute is longstanding.
And how many of the 50 states follow that?
Bottom line...we've proven that over 10,000 gun laws are already on the books in his nation, and that criminals will obey none of them.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4104 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Nixon thought he was in fine shape on this date in 1973. And he got 61% of the vote, not 51%.
If he thought he was in such fine shape, why did he participate in that cover up?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4105 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>And how many of the 50 states follow that?
Bottom line...we've proven that over 10,000 gun laws are already on the books in his nation, and that criminals will obey none of them.
I would venture a guess. All of them.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4106 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Tell that to Nixon and Clinton, phoney college grad.
both Modern Liberals.

Hilliard, OH

#4107 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If he thought he was in such fine shape, why did he participate in that cover up?
Sheer paranoia. If you knew anything about the man you wouldn't ask the question.

Hilliard, OH

#4108 Feb 7, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>both Modern Liberals.
True.

Hilliard, OH

#4109 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would venture a guess. All of them.
Let's see some proof.

Hilliard, OH

#4110 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like you and your girlfriend delighting in the recent misspelling of dynamite?
Indeed, from a preening and posing black illiterate.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4111 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Sheer paranoia. If you knew anything about the man you wouldn't ask the question.
Which one was it? Was he paranoid or did he think he was in fine shape?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4112 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Indeed, from a preening and posing black illiterate.
Now even your typos are superior. You really are a complete mess.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4113 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Indeed, from a preening and posing black illiterate.
"A preening and posing black illiterate" is two pieces of paper away from a preening and posing white college graduate.

Hilliard, OH

#4114 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now even your typos are superior. You really are a complete mess.
preening present participle of preen (Verb)
Verb

(of a bird) Straighten and clean its feathers with its beak: "robins preened at the pool's edge"; "the pigeon preened her feathers".
(of a person) Devote effort to making oneself look attractive and then admire one's appearance.

You're a "lawyer," huh?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4115 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
preening present participle of preen (Verb)
Verb
(of a bird) Straighten and clean its feathers with its beak: "robins preened at the pool's edge"; "the pigeon preened her feathers".
(of a person) Devote effort to making oneself look attractive and then admire one's appearance.
You're a "lawyer," huh?
I know what preening means, dingbat.

I forget sometimes, and I go too fast for you. I will slow down. When a person you think is black makes a spelling mistake, you call him a preening "black imbecile." When one of your white buddies does it, you call it a typo. Get it?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#4116 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Four states Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, have NO preemption laws (meaning local governments may further restrict all aspects).

Eleven states (California, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, and Virginia) are partially preemptive (meaning that local governments may further restrict some (varies by state) but not all aspects).

Three states have full preemption, but allow grandfathered laws to stand (Delaware (laws enacted before 1985), Tennessee (laws enacted before 1986), and West Virginia (laws enacted before 1999)).

That's 18 states that can have localities with their own gun laws more restrictive than the states' gun laws.

The rest (32) are full preemptive (meaning that no local government may further restrict).
Adif understanding

United States

#4117 Feb 7, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact? You mean Glenn Beck fact? Billy O fact? Rush Lumboob fact? Hannity fact?
You're a parrot. Not one original thought or post from you yet.
You gotta be shittin' me, sport.
A fact is a fact is a fact. If something is true and factual, where it comes from means nothing. But you go ahead and continue to ignore facts because you do not like the messenger, and I will go ahead and keep putting them in front of you. When you eventually get in the right mind and stop blindly ignoring reality, don't come crying to me.
Adif understanding

United States

#4118 Feb 7, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody makes a typographical error by substituting "their" for "there". The "e" and the "i" keys are clear on opposite sides of the board, Paco.
Its can't even be excused as a simple brain malfunction, like when one mistakenly uses "your" when they know the proper word is "you're".
Are you and Karl really closer than we all know, or what?
woof
So spell check when you type something other then their or there doesn't substitute one or the other- ever?

Let me guess, you are using an apple right?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#4119 Feb 8, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, i always suspected you were a complete idiot, but now I'm convinced you are oblivious too.
Do you really think 1 more law that people who break the laws will ignore also is going to make a difference? Despite the conspiracy and outright lie about an assault weapon being used at sandy hook, the guy broke the law to get access to the guns (killed his mom and stole the weapons), he broke the law to take them into school grounds, he broke the law when he started shooting the place up and killing people. What exactly would your one more law have done? It certainly would not have prevented any of the mass shootings. You know by the fact that the law was broken to do the shootings that the people responsible weren't overly concerned with following the law.
All gun control will do is take the means of defense away from law abiding people. Those content on violating the law will not care one bit about your law. I have to wonder if that isn't your real purpose- to either make it easier to commit crimes or easier to impose more laws against those who will obey them because of it.
and you certainly arn't the sharpest tack in the box.

gun control is hitting what you aim at on the first shot.

and if you can't figure out that the 9000 gun laws on the books never stopped a crime; and 9001 won't either.

and as a complete idiot, I prefer to lock up criminals; and not ban something that won;t impact outcome.

you bering all brilliant and such, you come get you some.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 48 min Neutral Party 108
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 1 hr Big Johnson 2,725
Where has Rowdy been 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Columbus police officer to resign after pleadin... 2 hr Big Johnson 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 3,965
President Ebola 4 hr Black Rhino 695
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 5 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 8 hr Noticed 2,477
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]