Virginia gun law in 2006:
45,494 words in 191 numbered statutes
Texas gun law in 2005:
49,442 words in 226 numbered statutes
California gun law in 1998:
158,643 words in 541 numbered statutes
Florida gun law in 1998:
46,585 words in 229 numbered statutes
Now, add the remaining 45 state laws and the local laws around the nation and 6000 is probably a low number.
You are a little shy of 1,000 (assuming your figures have any accuracy at all) and Walt said there were 9000. Keep going.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4041 Feb 7, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, St. John's is a nice third tier school. Perfect for taking a chance on an Affirmative Action admission like you.
Thankfully, I wasn't reduced to applying at that level.
If you are going to incessantly brag about one of your "accomplishments," you should pick one that isn't 20 years old.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#4042 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to incessantly brag about one of your "accomplishments," you should pick one that isn't 20 years old.
We aren't the people who act as if we are nobility because "J.D" is after our name...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4043 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you just announced in your previous post that you can count to 1,000.
Frankly, I'm more impressed by George.
We'll be sure to let you know when you've added anything of substance to a discussion.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#4044 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a little shy of 1,000 (assuming your figures have any accuracy at all) and Walt said there were 9000. Keep going.
You really aren't too bright, are you?
The five states listed have a total of 1370 gun laws. That's an average of 274 each. For the sake of argument, let's say the average state has 200 gun laws. That's 10,000 total right there. Now, add in all the local laws around the country. You'll probably find another 10,000.

Use your head, little girl.

Hilliard, OH

#4045 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply replying to the slow-witted St. John's alum, dear.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#4046 Feb 7, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you just announced in your previous post that you can count to 1,000.
Frankly, I'm more impressed by George.
We'll be sure to let you know when you've added anything of substance to a discussion.
Silence, peasant!

You shall respect those with the J.D., they are your betters!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4047 Feb 7, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't the people who act as if we are nobility because "J.D" is after our name...
No. You act as if you are nobility because B.S. is after your name.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4048 Feb 7, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Silence, peasant!
You shall respect those with the J.D., they are your betters!
I haven't seen any proof that she or her mangy mutt are practicing attorneys.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4049 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
You really aren't too bright, are you?
The five states listed have a total of 1370 gun laws. That's an average of 274 each. For the sake of argument, let's say the average state has 200 gun laws. That's 10,000 total right there. Now, add in all the local laws around the country. You'll probably find another 10,000.
Use your head, little girl.
You are doing a whole lot of assuming.

Your numbers make no sense. Ohio has less than 50 gun statutes.

Hilliard, OH

#4050 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
California has 541.
Do you understand the definition of the word, "average" when used in an argument like this?
Now, how many local laws does Ohio have?
You're doing what you do best...embarrassing yourself.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#4051 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very good at math, are you? The 5 states alone added up to 1,370. Extrapolate (you might want to look it up) the 5 to all 50 and add the 271 Federal laws and it comes to 13,971, and that's not even counting LOCAL laws!

Planet Earth

#4052 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And California has over 500. Which state has more gun crime per capita?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#4053 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>California has 541.
Do you understand the definition of the word, "average" when used in an argument like this?
You're doing what you do best...embarrassing yourself.
Local laws? Well those wouldn't be state laws, would they? Practically every municipal criminal ordinance mirrors state statutes covering the same subject. They don't create any different regulation, they simply channel fine money to a different entity.

Are you counting every municipalities duplication in the your figure? If so, the figures are pointless. Without duplication, I doubt you can find 50 unique gun regulations in any of the 50 states.

Planet Earth

#4054 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>California has 541.
Ohio is one of the preemptive states. Localities can regulate the discharge of firearms, but not the sale, ownership, or carrying of them.

Hilliard, OH

#4055 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Local laws? Well those wouldn't be state laws, would they? Practically every municipal criminal ordinance mirrors state statutes covering the same subject. They don't create any different regulation, they simply channel fine money to a different entity.
Are you counting every municipalities duplication in the your figure? If so, the figures are pointless. Without duplication, I doubt you can find 50 unique gun regulations in any of the 50 states.
BS. One example is the now overturned law in Columbus that prevented CCW permit holders from carrying in city parks.
Che Reagan Christ

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#4056 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>BS. One example is the now overturned law in Columbus that prevented CCW permit holders from carrying in city parks.
Why was it overturned?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#4057 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet another completely made up number from Walter Mitty.
really...is it you lawyer chump and ilk who wrote the 9000 active gun laws in this country.

there is an organization that can provide you all 9000 of them

the NRA.

as always.....you fail at attempting to spin the truth, because the truth always exposes your failures.

Hilliard, OH

#4058 Feb 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was it overturned?
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6004

Per O.R.C. 9.68, all firearm laws in Ohio, except those restricting the discharge of firearms and certain zoning regulations, supersede any local ordinances. This restriction on municipalities was upheld by the Ohio Supreme Court in the cases of OFCC vs. Clyde (2008) and City of Cleveland vs. State of Ohio (2010).

Note how recent a phenomena that is.
Adif understanding

United States

#4059 Feb 7, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
9000 gun laws on the books right now at this second.
look how well they are working
lets add some more
Wow, i always suspected you were a complete idiot, but now I'm convinced you are oblivious too.

Do you really think 1 more law that people who break the laws will ignore also is going to make a difference? Despite the conspiracy and outright lie about an assault weapon being used at sandy hook, the guy broke the law to get access to the guns (killed his mom and stole the weapons), he broke the law to take them into school grounds, he broke the law when he started shooting the place up and killing people. What exactly would your one more law have done? It certainly would not have prevented any of the mass shootings. You know by the fact that the law was broken to do the shootings that the people responsible weren't overly concerned with following the law.

All gun control will do is take the means of defense away from law abiding people. Those content on violating the law will not care one bit about your law. I have to wonder if that isn't your real purpose- to either make it easier to commit crimes or easier to impose more laws against those who will obey them because of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Vows 34 min wondering 12
Thrift Stores High PRices 3 hr Greedy 1
rebecca wild 6 hr They cannot kill ... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 6 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,986
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 7 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Where has Rowdy been? 7 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Joe Cocker is dead. 8 hr Politics anyone 70
COPS lives MATTER 15 hr Police Crimes 227
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance