United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Trade pacts are not treaties. They are laws negotiated with trade partners for the purpose of facilitating or improving trade. Laws are not treaties but some treaties require lawshi to be passed. Some trade agreements can be treaties or the result of treaties. The keys are how they can be changed. If congress can change the agreement or alter provisions of it without following a set procedure outlined in an international agreement, they are laws. If we have to pull out of the treaty and declare it void, it is a treaty.
Secret meetings with foreign officials are not illegal. Secrete meetings with US officials or even corporate officials are not illegal. They are the purview of the administration. Anything produced from those meeting that would have a binding effect on policy cannot remain secret though. They need the advice and consent of the senate and no matter how much the administration would want that to remain secret, they can disclose it and will likely do so in the operation of the senate.
Someone is lieing to you or you are misunderstanding them if they are telling you different. You should really stay away from the huffington post as it is possessed by a bunch of liberal trolls who don't know what they are talking about. Most everything is filtered through how they want to view it and not how life presents itself. Unfortunately, a lot of websites will be that way including conservative sites. Find your information from the sources, use those sites to only find the sources.
The constitution is a good place to start. Article 2 section 2 states the president shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;.
a trade pact has to been voted on by both houses. Right? Any other information is detrimental as that's all you lied about in your first reply...
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> a trade pact has to been voted on by both houses. Right? Any other information is detrimental as that's all you lied about in your first reply...
No.. A trade pact can be a treaty but does not have to be a treaty. If it is not, then it's just a change in laws. All laws need to be voted on by both houses of congress. Treaties only need to be voted on by the senate then if the treaty changes any laws, then congress is required to make the appropriate laws.

There was no lie, you asked for something that didn't exist and I explained to you how it works. You gave faulty information on a faulty question. The fact that you cannot find anything on Sherod's voting for the pact in 2005, it is because the vote never took place because it was a treaty or there was no pact and no laws to be changed. As far as I can tell, we did not even enter negotiations on the Trans Atlantic until after 2005.. more like 2009. As I said, this would be easier for you if you started it's own thread. Jumping around in 20 different threads makes it hard to keep track of what exactly you are after.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>No.. A trade pact can be a treaty but does not have to be a treaty. If it is not, then it's just a change in laws. All laws need to be voted on by both houses of congress. Treaties only need to be voted on by the senate then if the treaty changes any laws, then congress is required to make the appropriate laws.
There was no lie, you asked for something that didn't exist and I explained to you how it works. You gave faulty information on a faulty question. The fact that you cannot find anything on Sherod's voting for the pact in 2005, it is because the vote never took place because it was a treaty or there was no pact and no laws to be changed. As far as I can tell, we did not even enter negotiations on the Trans Atlantic until after 2005.. more like 2009. As I said, this would be easier for you if you started it's own thread. Jumping around in 20 different threads makes it hard to keep track of what exactly you are after.
There is an exception to pacts needing changed in laws. This is when a law already exists and allows a board of governors to add or subtract regulation in order to execute the laws. In a trade, a prize trade status is a most favored trade nation status which relaxes a lot of regulation for countries placed on the list. The ways they get on the list vary and regulation can have the effect of a change in law without government voting on laws.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense reality. What are you trying to say?
no....it is you who makes zero sense.

if you want to ban something that kills 10 times more than firearms in the hands of civilians, then ban cars.

But you liberals want to ban something that is not a problem, except for liberals to implement what they really want.

So the firearms prohibit you from accomplishing your real goal, because soon the barrel of a gun will be under your nose telling you they don't agree with your stupidity.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of hot air. There isn't one stinking ounce of truth in what you said III.
your lies and coverups have been exposed.

half the country is on your side, but your half is the losers in life.

losing will continue for your side, or revolution will occur.

wonder who wins that war?

the whiney unarmed liberals, or hunters with years of tracking down quarry?

care to guess?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your lies and coverups have been exposed.
half the country is on your side, but your half is the losers in life.
losing will continue for your side, or revolution will occur.
wonder who wins that war?
the whiney unarmed liberals, or hunters with years of tracking down quarry?
care to guess?
Seal Team 6 wins it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Seal Team 6 wins it.
and seal team 6 would be fighting against you.

what % of the military voted GOP.....90%

your loony liberals just have a problem counting the armed services vote, so they do everything possible to not do so.

and the biggest threat to our military is the liberals in office, not the Taliban.

so when the rubber meets the pavement, know the target is on your face for seal team 6.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

seal team 6 swore to up hold the constitution

unlike Obama, the military takes the constitution serious.

che, can you hide from seal team 6?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Seal Team 6 wins it.
seal team 6 are deer hunters
Papa Moses

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Women are Diversity people too.

Diversity people are the organized majority of voters in the US and Israel.

All Diversity people have a special obligation to support the society for which they make the laws and rules.

One special obligation for Diversity people is national conscription. Another special obligation for Diversity people would be increased taxation, a Diversity tax. A third obligation would be total disarmament and gun confiscation of Diversity people only.

For their safety and the safety of children, Diversity people must rely completely on the police state forces that protect their freedoms.

Freedom isnt free, and Diversity people must offer their dues.

Celebrate freedom at the next Diversity roll call:

women
african-american
LGBTQ
jewish
disabled
hispanic
asian
native american

Don't forget that February is black history month.

Mark your calendar for womens history month in March, and May for jewish history month.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
.by Jeremy Jeffery on Saturday, May 22, 2010

at 1:20am.In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1..5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

----------
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

----------
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

----------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

----------
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

----------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

----------
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens.'

Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!

SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.

SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY

CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
Just think how powerful our government is getting!

They think these other countries just didn't do it right.

Learn from history.

Borrowed this from another patriot, figured it deserved a note.

( Some of the stats may be a little off as far as number of deaths not sure, but I thought this was an interesting note from Jeremy on FB I wanted to share it with you to see what you all think of it.
Signed,
2thapoint)
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>We saw those tactics here last Fall on Columbus Topix as trolls from all over the nation attacked us, worried that as a swing area we might help the anti-Obama forces. We finally pinned one troll down and it admitted that Columbus Topix was recognized by several groups, including the DNC, as being "dangerous."
Wow. Imagine that!!! People using modern technology to attempt to shape opinions!!!

I cannot imagine the gall of some people.

woof

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>And every black Democrat.
Including the one that became president? Twice? Harvard Gradd?

Your "whites are smarter than blacks" argument is a typical redneck defense mechanism.

Pathetic.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You didn't go to college, kid. Nobody even admitted to a piss poor state school would produce a post like that in a debate.
You work for the post office, right?
I understand your anger, redneck. I assure you I not only went to St. John's University, but graduated with a 3.4 G.P.A.

You can tell that to the next customer you ask if they want large fries with that.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, no cogent reply?
Bake your cake dude, but it will be bitter in the mouth, just like you......
Until brothers want to have an honest discussion....well I would think that would be obvious..........
Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. You are free to write Oprah and see if you can get some sympathy from her.
I'm immune to topix arm chair psychologists, with worthless keyboard commando badges.

Good day, sir.
VADoc

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you also qualified to tell a single mother of 4 that she doesn't need those food stamps or heating assistance?
When it comes to guns. I know only the military need guns of the AR 15 type, not people like you. I am not sure you need a BB gun. You have to many wild ass ideas. Go toot your horn with someone else.
Well as long as our taxes are paying for the mother and her children to survive then yes we should have a say. Now when the government starts giving citizens M4's like they do in Switzerland and we don't have to pay for them then you can use your vote to tell me what weapons I can and cannot own.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>With that, I imagine you're a 9/11 Truther, too.
I don't know what a 9/11 truther is...

Explain.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

<quoted text>Hardly. You inferred that a single man, armed with a stick and a rock, could dispatch a much larger animal.
Well if they had an AR-15 in the Paleolithic era, you would be right. But they didn't, which makes you still very incorrect.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Japanese desire to maintain Japan with a Japanese majority, why should I not be allowed to demand that the USA be maintained with its historic majority?
BTW, the Civil Rights Act passed in 1964, the Voting Rights Act in 1965, the Fair Housing Act in 1968.
There is no white supremacy to defend, I'm here to defend my IDENTITY as a white person.
Then I was not talking to you. This post that you're commenting on was for someone else.

I don't care if you're white, black, yellow or polka dots...If you spew racist propaganda and obtuse American white racist values, I am against you, period.

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain you would know about the racial disparities in IQ.
Your people would be completely disarmed, not as if the leftists that run the cities they live in haven't done so already...
And your Hitler like comments are not uncommon among racist swine.

I'm certain you know about that as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 39 min Canton 29,425
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 45 min repent 2,224
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 1 hr Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Male 2,948
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 38
Students wear burqas in Texas High School 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 2 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••