Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> thanks, I was confused about how it gets passed. It seems the concern would be only lobbyists for stakeholders are allowed to see attend meetings and ever other rep can't see the documents until right before the vote. I'm just trying to learn more about it. That helped me a lot thanks.
No problem.

But hey, the president is constitutionally charged with the ability to make treaties so they don't technically need to allow anyone access to the information before it is presented to the senate for advice and consent. Make sure you hound your senators to release it as soon as possible and not pull any of those stupid tricks in the senate like Harry Reed did where he said it would take 3 days and 3 lawyers to understand the bill so there is no need to read it before voting on it.
d-pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>No problem.
But hey, the president is constitutionally charged with the ability to make treaties so they don't technically need to allow anyone access to the information before it is presented to the senate for advice and consent. Make sure you hound your senators to release it as soon as possible and not pull any of those stupid tricks in the senate like Harry Reed did where he said it would take 3 days and 3 lawyers to understand the bill so there is no need to read it before voting on it.
your wrong. The house and senate vote on trade pacts. And secret meetings with foreign entities are illegal. Now I need to find how brown voted on the 2005 trade agreement.
Adif understanding

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> your wrong. The house and senate vote on trade pacts. And secret meetings with foreign entities are illegal. Now I need to find how brown voted on the 2005 trade agreement.
Trade pacts are not treaties. They are laws negotiated with trade partners for the purpose of facilitating or improving trade. Laws are not treaties but some treaties require laws to be passed. Some trade agreements can be treaties or the result of treaties. The keys are how they can be changed. If congress can change the agreement or alter provisions of it without following a set procedure outlined in an international agreement, they are laws. If we have to pull out of the treaty and declare it void, it is a treaty.

Secret meetings with foreign officials are not illegal. Secrete meetings with US officials or even corporate officials are not illegal. They are the purview of the administration. Anything produced from those meeting that would have a binding effect on policy cannot remain secret though. They need the advice and consent of the senate and no matter how much the administration would want that to remain secret, they can disclose it and will likely do so in the operation of the senate.

Someone is lieing to you or you are misunderstanding them if they are telling you different. You should really stay away from the huffington post as it is possessed by a bunch of liberal trolls who don't know what they are talking about. Most everything is filtered through how they want to view it and not how life presents itself. Unfortunately, a lot of websites will be that way including conservative sites. Find your information from the sources, use those sites to only find the sources.

The constitution is a good place to start. Article 2 section 2 states the president shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur;.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

In the wake of 16 deadly mass shootings in 2012 including those in Newtown, CT and Aurora, CO in which semi-automatic rifles inflicted mass casualties, President Obama and many across the country are calling for increased gun control including restricting access to assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Do Americans think stricter gun laws would decrease or eliminate these tragedies. We want to know if you think more gun control is the answer.

Do you believe stricter gun laws could have prevented the tragedies in Newtown and Aurora?

Do less guns mean less shootings.
Do bad guys always find a way to get guns? People like Hugh Victor III? Who is the one on here, that his mind is so warped, he thinks a bunch of starved people are coming after his food? Let't put him in with the bad guys.

Do you believe weapons like the Bushmaster .223 used in several mass shootings in 2012 should be banned?
Do you believe high-capacity ammunition clips (more than 10 rounds) should be available for sale to the general public?
Now that President Obama has been elected to a second term, do you think he’ll successfully make changes to gun laws?
Which political party do you most closely align with?

The stinking Republicans?

What is CORRECT Democrats?

Or The No Good Tea Party?

Are you helping Obama with his agenda? Or against everything Obama stands for?

Finally is Obama a Christian, or a Muslim? Give Proof!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
In the wake of 16 deadly mass shootings in 2012 including those in Newtown, CT and Aurora, CO in which semi-automatic rifles inflicted mass casualties, President Obama and many across the country are calling for increased gun control including restricting access to assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.
Do Americans think stricter gun laws would decrease or eliminate these tragedies. We want to know if you think more gun control is the answer.
Do you believe stricter gun laws could have prevented the tragedies in Newtown and Aurora?
Do less guns mean less shootings.
Do bad guys always find a way to get guns? People like Hugh Victor III? Who is the one on here, that his mind is so warped, he thinks a bunch of starved people are coming after his food? Let't put him in with the bad guys.
Do you believe weapons like the Bushmaster .223 used in several mass shootings in 2012 should be banned?
Do you believe high-capacity ammunition clips (more than 10 rounds) should be available for sale to the general public?
Now that President Obama has been elected to a second term, do you think he’ll successfully make changes to gun laws?
Which political party do you most closely align with?
The stinking Republicans?
What is CORRECT Democrats?
Or The No Good Tea Party?
Are you helping Obama with his agenda? Or against everything Obama stands for?
Finally is Obama a Christian, or a Muslim? Give Proof!
a Bushmaster Rifle was not used in CT.

should we ban cars that do over 30 MPH because 10 times more people die because of the hazards vehicles pose on society, not to mention global warming as well.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
should we ban cars that do over 30 MPH because 10 times more people die because of the hazards vehicles pose on society, not to mention global warming as well.
Doesn't matter. Everyday citzens have no need for assault rifles. So if they are banned, so be it.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. Everyday citzens have no need for assault rifles. So if they are banned, so be it.
If they are banned, I bet you see a new government before you ever see them gotten rid of. You will likely see a need or two for them in the process.

But I guess that doesn't matter either
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
according to whom?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
No rifle was used in CT. He did all his murdering with hand guns. In fact, 99% of the murders in the US in any given year are committed with handguns.

Pale Rider is still trying to make this political and trash the Right. The left has no taste for gun control either as it will not prevent one bad guy from getting whatever gun he/she wants and using it.

There is no solution for man's inhumanity to man. Never has been and never will be.

How about forgetting about guns in the schools and campaigning to put God back.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know what an "assault rifle" is. An AR-15 isn't one, that's a fact. And they're not going to be banned in Ohio or 40 other states. The former serfs in New York aren't even going to comply with their new law.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
DHS disagrees with you, they think that those rifles are useful for "personal protection"

The government should fear the people, its power must be restrained.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know what an "assault rifle" is. An AR-15 isn't one, that's a fact. And they're not going to be banned in Ohio or 40 other states. The former serfs in New York aren't even going to comply with their new law.
US v Miller (1939) makes it clear that weapons of military use are what are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

And that means real M4A1s w/ M203.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I find it interesting that the DNC lancaster held a gun control meeting yesterday and we have this crap. I was going to go when I heard some of the topic was going to be specific to what you can do to help Obama, but sadly I couldn't get free.

Expect a lot more local astroturfing.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you bring cars into this debate?
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No rifle was used in CT. He did all his murdering with hand guns. In fact, 99% of the murders in the US in any given year are committed with handguns.
Pale Rider is still trying to make this political and trash the Right. The left has no taste for gun control either as it will not prevent one bad guy from getting whatever gun he/she wants and using it.
There is no solution for man's inhumanity to man. Never has been and never will be.
How about forgetting about guns in the schools and campaigning to put God back.
Are you on the right SL?
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you on the right SL?
Why is this a Right left thing? It seems to me to be a right wrong thing or perhaps a true and accurate verses false and manipulative thing. I already know where you are at.
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Should the first thing we do? Is to get the guns of the law abiding registered?
Pale Rider

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this a Right left thing? It seems to me to be a right wrong thing or perhaps a true and accurate verses false and manipulative thing. I already know where you are at.

I am for getting guns out of the hands of those that don't need an AR-15 first. Isn't that where you are?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
Should the first thing we do? Is to get the guns of the law abiding registered?
If we're law abiding, why do we need to be registered?
Keep dreaming. It's never going to happen in most states, including Ohio. It'll never happen at the federal level.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am for getting guns out of the hands of those that don't need an AR-15 first. Isn't that where you are?
What others feel they need that are now legal is none of your business. How about if we decide you don't need a truck and you have to drive a small car?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus