Comments
3,541 - 3,560 of 8,057 Comments Last updated Sunday
Adif understanding

Chicago, IL

#3833 Feb 3, 2013
d-pants wrote:
Way off topic here but does anybody know how to get sherrod browns voting history on this trade pact.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...
I can't find it. I'm guessing he voted against it? Anyways I totally support the letter sent to the president and everything brown is doing with it now.
The bill was passed in 2005 when brown was a rep not a senator.
Perhaps you should start a new thread on this. Anyways, I wouldn't trust the huffington post for much of anything. It seems to have led you astray. First, representatives do not vote on treaties, only the senate. If the treaty changes an existing law, then both the senate and house will vote on bills to reconcile current law to the treaty. Second, the US has not made this treaty. If you link is supposed to be pointing to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, we have no entered any treaty or passed any law specific to it. We entered into negotiation in 2008 (not 2005) as far as I can find out, but that doesn't really matter because negotiating treaties and free trade agreements is the purview of the presidential powers as outlines in the constitution.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3834 Feb 3, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it kind of sad that my cats have it better than some peoples kids? They had a t bone steak tonight.
It is. At least my dogs get 'vetted' and fed regularly and hugging and played with. I've seen some terribly ignored children. And their mother's will leave them with ANYBODY so they can go out and party.
Major Republic-an

United States

#3835 Feb 3, 2013
Is that redneck in Alabama gonna give up or what?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#3836 Feb 3, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it kind of sad that my cats have it better than some peoples kids? They had a t bone steak tonight.
You won't stand before your maker and brag about your flea bag cats eating steak when there's starving children in your area.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#3837 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You won't stand before your maker and brag about your flea bag cats eating steak when there's starving children in your area.
Methinks you know far more starving children in your area than Dave does. I hope you cooked up a mess of chitlins and greens for them tonight...

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#3838 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You won't stand before your maker and brag about your flea bag cats eating steak when there's starving children in your area.
With SNAP, TANF, WIC?

I doubt it

EBT!!!!!!!!!!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3839 Feb 3, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Methinks you know far more starving children in your area than Dave does. I hope you cooked up a mess of chitlins and greens for them tonight...
Chitlins and grees? Why not fish and chips?

Hilliard, OH

#3840 Feb 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise American isn't from Brixton, dear.
Adif understanding

Chicago, IL

#3841 Feb 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fish and Chips? What are you British now? Take your piers morgan and go back..lol
Pale Rider

AOL

#3842 Feb 3, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. At least my dogs get 'vetted' and fed regularly and hugging and played with. I've seen some terribly ignored children. And their mother's will leave them with ANYBODY so they can go out and party.
Hi SL, so true. No wonder we have so many kids that have parents, but no parenting, great comment SL. You can write some very good comments, keep up the good work.

Back to gun control? Do you think armed guards should be placed in schools? Do teachers need to be armed? It would be interesting to read your comments. TC PR
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#3843 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>Methinks you know far more starving children in your area than Dave does. I hope you cooked up a mess of chitlins and greens for them tonight...
You forgot the cornbread and hot sauce you goon. And don't think your kinfolk don't have a mess of shitlins in their pot.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#3844 Feb 3, 2013
<quoted text>Wise American isn't from Brixton, dear.
And my family don't get down with the shitlins either. They're served deep fried to curious northern whites in some of Atlanta's swankiest upscale restaurants.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#3845 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
Who cares.I'll be dead.

Hilliard, OH

#3846 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot the cornbread and hot sauce you goon. And don't think your kinfolk don't have a mess of shitlins in their pot.
Mayonnaise and fruit punch, too.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3848 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
Children are starving because those charged with their care aren't feeding them. Even the slaves found ways to feed their kids.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3849 Feb 3, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice there are more commercials on television about fighting animal abuse and neglect than there are about fighting child abuse and neglect.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3850 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> And my family don't get down with the shitlins either. They're served deep fried to curious northern whites in some of Atlanta's swankiest upscale restaurants.
Wow, no racism there. Many a soul food restaurant in Atlanta served chitlins - and I don't mean deep frieds to northern whites in some of Atlanta's swankiest upscale restaurants. Again, you have no clue. Why am I not surprised?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3851 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> And my family don't get down with the shitlins either. They're served deep fried to curious northern whites in some of Atlanta's swankiest upscale restaurants.
Where's them chitlins, again?

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/50bestrestaura...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3852 Feb 3, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
Another race-baiter for the cause, for the children, etc. Oh well, you're not alone.
d-pants

United States

#3853 Feb 4, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should start a new thread on this. Anyways, I wouldn't trust the huffington post for much of anything. It seems to have led you astray. First, representatives do not vote on treaties, only the senate. If the treaty changes an existing law, then both the senate and house will vote on bills to reconcile current law to the treaty. Second, the US has not made this treaty. If you link is supposed to be pointing to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, we have no entered any treaty or passed any law specific to it. We entered into negotiation in 2008 (not 2005) as far as I can find out, but that doesn't really matter because negotiating treaties and free trade agreements is the purview of the presidential powers as outlines in the constitution.
thanks, I was confused about how it gets passed. It seems the concern would be only lobbyists for stakeholders are allowed to see attend meetings and ever other rep can't see the documents until right before the vote. I'm just trying to learn more about it. That helped me a lot thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coming Soon... 50 min Duke for Mayor 3
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Duke for President 30,584
Obama Caught Funding ISIS 3 hr Gotcha 3
Obama Slips - Calls Wife MICHAEL 4 hr Kating 36
WHY does ISIS Love Obama So Much?? DOHHhhhhhhhhh 4 hr Kating 4
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... 6 hr Big Johnson 15
Duke has Won, Paco has Lost 6 hr -The-Artist- 4
Where are all the original legacy posters? 7 hr E-Bob 151
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 9 hr Run for the hills 2,301
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Franklin County was issued at September 02 at 2:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE