“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3546 Jan 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? The gas is expensive, sure. But maintenance costs are extremely low, it rides like you're floating on a cloud, and its worth three or four times what I paid for it.
woof
Ask Che.
You're probably on her "Environmental Killer" now.

Location hidden

#3547 Jan 27, 2013
^^"Environmental Killer List"^^

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3548 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the POTUS can only appoint with the advice and consent of the Senate places a duty upon the Senate to offer that advice and consent.
It does not mandate a time frame.

Planet Earth

#3549 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward.
You're not planning on committing treason are you?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3550 Jan 27, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Levels of scrutiny" was introduced in 1938
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v....
I'm aware of that Tony. But Scalia and the Court applied none of them in Heller. I've posted the relevant potion of the opinion above.

When Heller worked its way back up to the DC Appellate Court on remand, that court applied intermediate scrutiny, not strict, to the challenged gun regulations, which had been modified immediately after the Supreme Court issued its opinion in 2008.

See the bottom of page 23 of the opinion:

http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinion... $file/10-7036-1333156.pdf

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3551 Jan 27, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
From the opinion:
"The power of a written constitution lies in its words. It is those words that were adopted by the people. When those words speak clearly, it is not up to us to depart from their meaning in favor of our own concept of efficiency, convenience, or facilitation of the functions of government."
And...
"We will not do violence to the Constitution by ignoring the Framers’ choice of words."
-- Chief Judge David Sentelle
"...those words speak clearly..." -- it's just the Executive Branch who purposely misconstrued them.
You are completely incapable of abstract thought, aren't you?
Out Here Somewhere

Dublin, OH

#3552 Jan 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? The gas is expensive, sure. But maintenance costs are extremely low, it rides like you're floating on a cloud, and its worth three or four times what I paid for it.
woof
Your comfort versus the environment and the future of our children, not to mention feeding the insane desire for too much oil which brought upon wars, and you dare to point fingers at Republicans?
Out Here Somewhere

Dublin, OH

#3553 Jan 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't America fun? I get to enjoy things that others might make fun of, and so do you.
Hell, I almost bought a fire truck last week, and I'm hoping to go pick up a pretty nice house at sheriff's sale tomorrow for less than 10 G.
woof
Right, pretty nice houses are so cheap and..wait, I'm sure that's the reason so many from Northeastern Ohio move to Columbus, right?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3554 Jan 27, 2013
Ooops.

Heller on Remand in DC Court of Appeals, fourth link down:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7hnTj...

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3555 Jan 27, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Che.
You're probably on her "Environmental Killer" now.
I seriously doubt che cares what I drive.

I've been thinking of getting a horse for short court trips, but I might have to talk the Judge into having the county install a hitchin post..

woof

Location hidden

#3556 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely incapable of abstract thought, aren't you?
It is you leftists, ignoring history and tradition, who continually attempt to twist the clear text of the Constitution to cater to your whims.

The Constitution remains clear.

"Article II, Section 2:- The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."

"Article I, Section 5: Neither House, during the Session of Congress, shall, without the Consent of the other, adjourn for more than three days, nor to any other Place than that in which the two Houses shall be sitting."

FACT: Neither the Senate nor the House had passed resolutions obtaining consent for a recess when Obama made his unconstitutional, non-recess appointments.

The End.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3557 Jan 27, 2013
Out Here Somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, pretty nice houses are so cheap and..wait, I'm sure that's the reason so many from Northeastern Ohio move to Columbus, right?
You should see what houses are selling for once the banks foreclose. Look in the county you live in.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3558 Jan 27, 2013
Out Here Somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comfort versus the environment and the future of our children, not to mention feeding the insane desire for too much oil which brought upon wars, and you dare to point fingers at Republicans?
Blah blah blah blah blah. I work from home pal.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3559 Jan 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt che cares what I drive.
I've been thinking of getting a horse for short court trips, but I might have to talk the Judge into having the county install a hitchin post..
woof
Isn't it funny how if a person indicates he believes in man made climate change these people presume that person has an "evironmental killer list?"

If a person believes that Obama was a better candidate than Romney he considers Obama "The Messiah."

If a person believes anti-muslim bigotry is wrong, he is pro bin Laden.

If a person believes we can have reasonable regulation of firearms, he hates the constitution.

If a person believes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were follies, he isn't an American.

I take that back. It's not funny. It's sad.

Planet Earth

#3560 Jan 27, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Upheavals of laughter over the '77 LTD.
I had a '76. Solid, comfortable transportation.

Location hidden

#3561 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how if a person indicates he believes in man made climate change these people presume that person has an "evironmental killer list?"
If a person believes that Obama was a better candidate than Romney he considers Obama "The Messiah."
If a person believes anti-muslim bigotry is wrong, he is pro bin Laden.
If a person believes we can have reasonable regulation of firearms, he hates the constitution.
If a person believes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were follies, he isn't an American.
I take that back. It's not funny. It's sad.
One only has to review your posts to understand exactly what untruths you have presented, and exactly what is sad.

Planet Earth

#3562 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is from a year ago. It clearly establishes that the definition of recess was an open question.
Didn't seem open when the Senate did it to Bush. Pull down your skirt, your hypocrisy is showing again.

Planet Earth

#3564 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't make veiled threats suggesting the POTUS should be hanged
Only after proper conviction, of course... Not suggesting anything illegal.

Planet Earth

#3565 Jan 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we are having different discussions. My point is the humor in folks demanding a strict reading of the phrase "shall not be infringed" while at the same time insisting that the phrase "a well regulated militia" has no meaning. All I want is for you to be intellctually consistant.
It has no meaning regarding individual rights. Heller clearly stated that. It is a statement in the government's legitimate interest in citizens being armed. Citizens are free to have their own legitimate interests in being armed. Defining that interest is not what the Constitution was designed to do, so they didn't mention it.

Planet Earth

#3566 Jan 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Heller left open the question of which level of scrutiny applied to the Constitutionality analysis of gun regulations:
"Justice Breyer moves on to make a broad jurisprudential point: He criticizes us for declining to establish a level of scrutiny for evaluating Second Amendment restrictions. He proposes, explicitly at least, none of the traditionally expressed levels (strict scrutiny, intermediate scrutiny, rational basis), but rather a judge-empowering “interest-balancing inquiry” that “asks whether the statute burdens a protected interest in a way or to an extent that is out of proportion to the statute’s salutary effects upon other important governmental interests.”
That would seem to fall under the "narrowly tailored" part of strict scrutiny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Ebola 2 min d pantz 686
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 3 min Seriouslady 103
Columbus airport not screening passengers for E... 18 min Pam 12
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 21 min d pantz 121
Ebola in America 21 min Pam 11
Missing Woman's Body Found In Wooded Area | WBN... (Jan '11) 26 min Big Johnson 33
Woman Behind Columbus Ebola Hoax Faces $2,800 Bill 26 min Pam 8
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 6 hr They cannot kill ... 42
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]