Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I've given you my alma mater and class year. If you were such a super sleuth as you've claimed to SeriousLady, you should be able to figure things out. So have at it, Charlie Chan.
Nothing else you say is true, why would anyone believe that. And now that I think about it, the diplome won't prove much either. Let's see your transcripts.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is not part of the operative clause, it is irrelevant. Read Heller... again.
"The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts: its prefatory clause and its operative clause. The former does not limit the latter grammatically, but rather announces a purpose."
Yeah, that is exactly how Scalia got around the plain language of the amendment. My guess is that Scalia's opinion is the first time in history that a constitutional amendment has been broken into operative and prefatory clauses. It would seem that if the people who wrote the second amendment didn't think the words "a well regulated militia..." weren't important, they would have simply written, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." It would saved them some ink and us a lot of problems.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Che can't even find his way around Topix without failing miserably. He couldn't find you or me with a government grant, a GPS system and a lifetime supply of Kleenex.
You really shouldn't goad anonymous people on the internet to track down others. It's reckless. It could get you in trouble and someone else hurt. Again, both you and SeriousLady are fortunate I'm not one to waste my time tracking someone down. You might not be that lucky the next time. But as I told her, by all means carry on. You both are so much smarter than everyone else here.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the Iraqis still have that rope they used on the other Hussein.
Why?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Degrees are for hanging on the wall. And I have a couple myself. If you'd get out of your mom's basement, you'd know that a year's experience is worth three of formal education. The other suggestion I would have is to get off Topix a few hours a day, and READ something vaguely related to the subjects you cannot stop yourself from opining upon.
YOu came on here 2 - 3 weeks ago and haven't logged out since.
I think you intended this post for Fred.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you call it when the Democrats did it to Bush?
Hypocrite!
You are missing the point on a couple of levels. First, your fellow wingnuts have been pointing out that the GOP used a very unique obstructionist tactic against Obama that hadn't been used before (to my knowledge).

Second, my original response was to someone who claimed the President Obama "flagrantly" violated the consititution. My simple point was that no POTUS before him had been confronted with that scenario. He made his best judgment whether what he was doing was constitutional or not and proceeded. At this point, the Court of Appeals has ruled that it was. But to refer to it as a flagrant flaunting of the constitution is ridiculous partisanship and simply incorrect.

See? No hypocrisy. Just the facts.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That's a good point. What other Senate has held pro forma sessions to obstruct recess appointments?
George is right...again: You're not too bright.

Harry Reid began employing pro forma sessions in 2007 to obstruct GWB nominees.
Karma's a b!tch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing the point on a couple of levels. First, your fellow wingnuts have been pointing out that the GOP used a very unique obstructionist tactic against Obama that hadn't been used before (to my knowledge).
Second, my original response was to someone who claimed the President Obama "flagrantly" violated the consititution. My simple point was that no POTUS before him had been confronted with that scenario. He made his best judgment whether what he was doing was constitutional or not and proceeded. At this point, the Court of Appeals has ruled that it was. But to refer to it as a flagrant flaunting of the constitution is ridiculous partisanship and simply incorrect.
See? No hypocrisy. Just the facts.
Obviously, your knowledge is very limited.

If you had bothered to read through this entire thread, you could have saved yourself some embarrassment.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask how?
Just curious, he/she never seemed to be much of a feminist.
The posts usually reflected an attitude of worship of the state, hatred of the right, and an anti-war attitude of somewhat pro-islam sentiment.
Usually leftists of the female variety are non-stop in promotion that the right oppresses women, Che doesn't seem to do that.
I wasn't going to respond to the pointless speculation about my gender (I thought we were past gender questions in this country but sometimes I forget that you teabaggers are still living intellectually 1n 1866). But your post is a perfect example of what is wrong with how you folks think.

I have never stated anything about a worship of the state. I have made arguments about being a society of laws, not people, and have made very few statements of my own thoughts on policy. You make the quantam leap to worship.

Hatred is a pretty strong statement of my views of the Right. I think you are intellectually challenged and I think you willfully suspend rational thought to support your agendas and I think you are incedibly hypocritical. You project the emotion.

I am absolutley anti-war.

I have never said a single pro-islam thing here. I have simply said that Muslims have the same right to there religion that Catholics have. They are equally superstitious, silly and dangerous. To you, anyone who is anti-persecution is pro the persecuted group.

The point is, you wingnuts think you can label and define people based solely on some random discussions on a message board. Your arrogance, sense of superiority, and simple thinking is endless and it is also why you lost the last election and will continue to do so for a long time. But by all means, full speed ahead.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the presidents make their choice..., which, in my mind, is as it should be. I would want to make my own choice of personnel.
But why then, was this found to be unconstitutional because he bypassed the senate? Did he not avoid them in order to 'stack the deck' with like minded, manipulable appointments without encountering any opposition? As I said, I have not been able to follow this on the news, nor on this forum, step by step. I'm neither a lawyer nor consitutional scholar.
Recess appointments are done when the Senate refuses to perform its constitutional duty of holding confirmation hearings.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
George is right...again: You're not too bright.
Harry Reid began employing pro forma sessions in 2007 to obstruct GWB nominees.
Karma's a b!tch.
Great. Then why are you so incredibly appalled by what President Obama did?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, your knowledge is very limited.
If you had bothered to read through this entire thread, you could have saved yourself some embarrassment.
And if you were focused on thinking about the issue and not simply trying to fight with me, you wouldn't have been so easily played into admitting that what President Obama did was no different than any other POTUS has done. See how easy that was?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
...I have simply said that Muslims have the same right to there religion that Catholics have. They are equally superstitious, silly and dangerous....
Let us know when the Catholics -- or Protestants -- begin raising their children to be suicide bombers or jet pilots who kill themselves and innocent civilians while shouting, "Praise be to Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Then why are you so incredibly appalled by what President Obama did?
Obama ignored the Constitution and made what he termed a "recess" appointment when Congress was NOT in recess.

FYI...GWB did not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you were focused on thinking about the issue and not simply trying to fight with me, you wouldn't have been so easily played into admitting that what President Obama did was no different than any other POTUS has done. See how easy that was?
Hello? Anyone home? Obama is the first president to have done so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Recess appointments are done when the Senate refuses to perform its constitutional duty of holding confirmation hearings.
You don't play chess, do you?
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not wrong. An individual and collective right both may be subsumed within the 2A. They're not mutually exclusive.
Heller's discussion about the collective right is there solely to differentiate between the two, to provide context for and define the individual right of self defense.
woof
exactly. and that relationship or separation thereof is binding not dicta.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that is exactly how Scalia got around the plain language of the amendment. My guess is that Scalia's opinion is the first time in history that a constitutional amendment has been broken into operative and prefatory clauses. It would seem that if the people who wrote the second amendment didn't think the words "a well regulated militia..." weren't important, they would have simply written, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." It would saved them some ink and us a lot of problems.
The phrase was laid out well in the ruling. What part of his logic do you not understand or agree with?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>...What part of his logic do you not...agree with?
Aye, there's the rub.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no constitutional duty for the senate to hold confirmation hearings. There is only the requirement for the officers of the US to be approved by the senate before having official capacity unless filling vacancies during a recess.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••