Gun Control Under Obama
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3240 Jan 25, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. So your claim is incorrect but you refuse to not believe it. I see.
I doubt you could see your own thumbs if they bothered you.

woof

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#3241 Jan 25, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming then that Carl Bogus is a fraud, or that his work is irrelevant?
The evolution and adoption of the federal 2nd amendment and the analogues in state Constitutions is not a subject that lends itself to simple conclusions, as some here seem to believe. I think you're a little more intelligent than that.
woof
I don't know much about Carl Bogus, but your link had citations from Bellisles, that is who I was saying is a fraud.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3242 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't afraid of the piece of paper. They RESPECT the piece of paper. Not everyone is driven solely by fear.
I said nothing about fear. They "respect" (when they do) what's BEHIND the piece of paper.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3243 Jan 25, 2013
Sorry. I guess I DID say something about fear.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3244 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing anyone to pay for an abortion.
Absolutely untrue and has been for decades. The federal government gives Planned Parenthood half a billion a year, I believe. 82% is providing abortions. The other 8% is adoption referrals and birth control.
I feel like writing in red across my 1040 I DON'T PAY FOR ABORTIONS'

You see, junior. There are many of us, and we are not fanatics, that know it is murder and think if you're going to be pro-choice....make the choice before you climb in bed....or the back of truck or wherever.

So when you begin having intimate relations, if it is with a woman, use protection so they won't be killing your child.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3245 Jan 25, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Sorry. I guess I DID say something about fear.
So, Tony, what do you think about today's decision from the appeals court that Obama did, absolutely, break constitutional rule by those appointments when Congress was not in session.

218 decisions made by that panel that may have to be thrown out and done over.

I was trying to listen to it over a four year old who wanted my attention, so I'm fuzzy on the facts.

Unless you ask me about Dora the Explorer.:-)
Adif understanding

Chicago, IL

#3246 Jan 25, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you could see your own thumbs if they bothered you.
woof
It's not my thumbs I am worried about. It's the coloring book you use for your history lessons. You do not have an accurate grasp on it.
Adif understanding

Chicago, IL

#3247 Jan 25, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Tony, what do you think about today's decision from the appeals court that Obama did, absolutely, break constitutional rule by those appointments when Congress was not in session.
218 decisions made by that panel that may have to be thrown out and done over.
I was trying to listen to it over a four year old who wanted my attention, so I'm fuzzy on the facts.
Unless you ask me about Dora the Explorer.:-)
Quick note, congress was in fact in session. That is why the court said the recess appointment was in fact unconstitutional. Congress makes it's own rules on what is a session and what isn't, not the executive branch. It does not matter that they opened the day for business and immediately closed it with the closing of the day being the only business done.

There are two or three of these and the administration is trying to claim this one gotchya only matters in one instance that he did this.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3248 Jan 25, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>BS.
While the Hyde Amendment prohibits the use of these funds to directly pay for most abortions, Congress must add the Hyde Amendment to the Labor, Health & Human Services (LHHS) Appropriations bill annually—a practice the abortion industry is actively lobbying to end. Further, there is growing evidence, including testimony in recently unsealed “whistleblower” lawsuits, that some abortion providers already fail to routinely provide “meaningful” separation of funds, ensuring that tax dollars are not directly paying for abortion-related services. Given that the majority of Americans oppose taxpayer funding for abortion, this is deeply troubling.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
That isn't your money any more than it is my money. Try again.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3249 Jan 25, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Quick note, congress was in fact in session. That is why the court said the recess appointment was in fact unconstitutional. Congress makes it's own rules on what is a session and what isn't, not the executive branch. It does not matter that they opened the day for business and immediately closed it with the closing of the day being the only business done.
There are two or three of these and the administration is trying to claim this one gotchya only matters in one instance that he did this.
Hopefully this begins an era of rollback of the imperial presidency.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3250 Jan 25, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Obama so respects the constitution and scotus. That's why he tried to rush 3 appointees through and violate the constitution.
And then what happened?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3251 Jan 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Contained in the contraception mandate, are abortion inducing drugs.
This is a trial run for later forcing Catholic insitutions to pay for and/or conduct abortions on the affiliated hospital property, or face sanctions.
That's what Cuomo is trying in NY.
Now one might wonder, when NY has the nation's highest abortion rate, that there is not a sufficient amount of providers availible already.
No one is forcing anyone to buy "abortion inducing drugs."
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3252 Jan 25, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing about fear. They "respect" (when they do) what's BEHIND the piece of paper.
I have been involved in thousands of court rulings. Never once has the ruling been drive by the fear of a gun. The theory that the 2d amendment is on the mind of any court or government official is juvenile.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3253 Jan 25, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely untrue and has been for decades. The federal government gives Planned Parenthood half a billion a year, I believe. 82% is providing abortions. The other 8% is adoption referrals and birth control.
I feel like writing in red across my 1040 I DON'T PAY FOR ABORTIONS'
You see, junior. There are many of us, and we are not fanatics, that know it is murder and think if you're going to be pro-choice....make the choice before you climb in bed....or the back of truck or wherever.
So when you begin having intimate relations, if it is with a woman, use protection so they won't be killing your child.
I feel like writing in red across my 1040 I DON'T PAY FOR POINTLESS WAR.

But that's not how it works. Once you write that check, it's not your money any more.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3254 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is forcing anyone to buy "abortion inducing drugs."
If you are forcing a religious institution to include them in its coverage, you are forcing them to buy the drugs.

It's no different than forcing Jews to sell pork, even though it isn't kosher.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3255 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been involved in thousands of court rulings. Never once has the ruling been drive by the fear of a gun. The theory that the 2d amendment is on the mind of any court or government official is juvenile.
Every single one of the hearings has. The baliff is armed.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3256 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel like writing in red across my 1040 I DON'T PAY FOR POINTLESS WAR.
But that's not how it works. Once you write that check, it's not your money any more.
Typical leftist, siding with the Islamists...

Ivy League-ISIS

#3257 Jan 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't your money any more than it is my money. Try again.
You really are a statist bootlicker.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3258 Jan 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are forcing a religious institution to include them in its coverage, you are forcing them to buy the drugs.
It's no different than forcing Jews to sell pork, even though it isn't kosher.
You don't understand how insurance works, do you?

Let's take your Jewish example. Let's pretend a Jewish employer was required to buy each of its employees a buffet lunch? Why would that employer care if one of its non-Jewish employees wanted to eat the BBQ pork?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3259 Jan 25, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single one of the hearings has. The baliff is armed.
That is just really, really stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AN ODE TO billary! 7 min They cannot kill ... 9
Texas Secession Petition Racks Up More Than 80,... 10 min They cannot kill ... 2
News Seminar seeks Ohioans who want to make money wi... 15 min They cannot kill ... 4
Good Riddance to Auntie Zeituni (Apr '14) 30 min jaybee 81
Deal with the Devil 1 hr Seriouslady 39
Stolen Rollbacks (Jun '08) 2 hr Joe is innocent 2
Hey Big Johnson! 2 hr Big Johnson 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages