Gun Control Under Obama

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 146)

Showing posts 2,901 - 2,920 of7,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3178
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
the 2nd amendment has no meaning until attempts to revoke it occur.
Maybe the 2nd Amendement needs Revised? It's been almost 250 years.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3179
Jan 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a person with the available funds ever buy a weapon off the street? Or any stolen property for that matter? I'm not like the crew that raised you like the animal you are in some Kentucky barn, Clem.
If they had trouble passing the background check.

I understand that in some cases people with restraining orders are prohibited.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3180
Jan 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a person with the available funds ever buy a weapon off the street? Or any stolen property for that matter? I'm not like the crew that raised you like the animal you are in some Kentucky barn, Clem.
Or, if the weapon in question were not legal.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3181
Jan 25, 2013
 
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had trouble passing the background check.
I understand that in some cases people with restraining orders are prohibited.
That's true. Neither of those conditions apply to me or most "average" people.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3182
Jan 25, 2013
 
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, if the weapon in question were not legal.
I can't think of anything banned under current law that I would ever want to own. I wouldn't own a full-auto even if allowed by law.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3183
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Clint Northwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the 2nd Amendement needs Revised? It's been almost 250 years.
Then let's revisit EVERY aspect of the Constitution, because without the Second Amendment, there's no protection for the rest.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3184
Jan 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I can't think of anything banned under current law that I would ever want to own. I wouldn't own a full-auto even if allowed by law.
Ah, but I believe that they hypothetical was referring to some future transaction.

And you have already indicated your intent to violate any bans on specific weapons.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3185
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Then let's revisit EVERY aspect of the Constitution, because without the Second Amendment, there's no protection for the rest.
When is the last time a constitutional right needed to be protected by a gun? The 220 years since the Bill of Rights has demonstrated that Article III protects the rights more effectively than any gun.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3186
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but I believe that they hypothetical was referring to some future transaction.
And you have already indicated your intent to violate any bans on specific weapons.
Feinstein's bill calls for grandfathering, but no transfers, even to family. Therefore upon my death, one of my firearms would have to be surrendered to the government. That is unacceptable. I intend to pass that property to my son.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3187
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
When is the last time a constitutional right needed to be protected by a gun? The 220 years since the Bill of Rights has demonstrated that Article III protects the rights more effectively than any gun.
Randy Weaver's case negates your opinion. And I fear there will be more of those cases in the next few years. The government and its lapdog media will try and portray decent Americans as kooks and terrorists. That will only last for so long.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3188
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Randy Weaver's case negates your opinion. And I fear there will be more of those cases in the next few years. The government and its lapdog media will try and portray decent Americans as kooks and terrorists. That will only last for so long.
No it doesn't. If Randy Weaver was a reasonable person, he would have resolved his issues in court rather than taking the law into his own hands. Weaver's decision to live by the gun got his wife killed. When he submitted to the justice system, he prevailed. Article III 1, guns 0.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3189
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text> Feinstein's bill calls for grandfathering, but no transfers, even to family. Therefore upon my death, one of my firearms would have to be surrendered to the government. That is unacceptable. I intend to pass that property to my son.
You are raising your kids to be law-breakers?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3190
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Randy Weaver's case negates your opinion. And I fear there will be more of those cases in the next few years. The government and its lapdog media will try and portray decent Americans as kooks and terrorists. That will only last for so long.
Strikes me that the Weaver case has some parallels to the Rodney King case that you and others have referenced.

A minor infraction became a major event. In Weaver's case there were multiple chances to meet with court-appointed counsel, to appear in court to challenge the charges against him and so forth. In fact, apparently far more chances for peaceable resolution than were granted to Rodney King as he fended off blows from a ring of police surrounding him.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3191
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. If Randy Weaver was a reasonable person, he would have resolved his issues in court rather than taking the law into his own hands. Weaver's decision to live by the gun got his wife killed. When he submitted to the justice system, he prevailed. Article III 1, guns 0.
Why would he trust the system that was twisted and manipulated into making him a "criminal"?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3192
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are raising your kids to be law-breakers?
Some laws are invalid because they take away God-given rights. You're seeing that fight being waged today in the birth control mandate fiasco.
Some would say that gays have been fighting similar laws for decades. Blacks most certainly fought for their God-given rights. So spare me your sanctimonious tripe about "law-breakers."

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3193
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Strikes me that the Weaver case has some parallels to the Rodney King case that you and others have referenced.
A minor infraction became a major event. In Weaver's case there were multiple chances to meet with court-appointed counsel, to appear in court to challenge the charges against him and so forth. In fact, apparently far more chances for peaceable resolution than were granted to Rodney King as he fended off blows from a ring of police surrounding him.
So, tell me when Randy Weaver was convicted of a felony, served time in a state prison, then used PCP and led police on a 100 mph chase, endangering the public?
Give it up, Reader.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3194
Jan 25, 2013
 
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Why would he trust the system that was twisted and manipulated into making him a "criminal"?
Because he lives in a society of laws. Also because people have a tendancy to die in gun fights.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3195
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Some laws are invalid because they take away God-given rights. You're seeing that fight being waged today in the birth control mandate fiasco.
Some would say that gays have been fighting similar laws for decades. Blacks most certainly fought for their God-given rights. So spare me your sanctimonious tripe about "law-breakers."
And all of those groups found success by pleading their cases in courts and to public opinion. None of them needed to pick up a gun.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3196
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Some laws are invalid because they take away God-given rights. You're seeing that fight being waged today in the birth control mandate fiasco.
Some would say that gays have been fighting similar laws for decades. Blacks most certainly fought for their God-given rights. So spare me your sanctimonious tripe about "law-breakers."
Well, the anti birth control folks haven't succeeded yet. Nor are they likely too.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3197
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Strikes me that the Weaver case has some parallels to the Rodney King case that you and others have referenced.
A minor infraction became a major event. In Weaver's case there were multiple chances to meet with court-appointed counsel, to appear in court to challenge the charges against him and so forth. In fact, apparently far more chances for peaceable resolution than were granted to Rodney King as he fended off blows from a ring of police surrounding him.
Oh I don't know skimmer, I am not very familiar with the Weaver case.

Was Weaver high on PCP attacking arresting officers even after he was tazed 3 times?

Did Weaver supporters riot and burn down several cities?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,901 - 2,920 of7,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Deported illegal immigrants return repeatedly |... (Dec '10) 1 hr NoWayFastEddie 44
The right's insanity continues... 2 hr d pantaloni 27
Michelle Obama a/k/a Michael LaVaughn Robinson 3 hr Reality speaks 6
Would you allow Obama's mother to use contracep... 3 hr Reality speaks 7
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 3 hr Reality speaks 42
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Reality speaks 28,424
This is what “WHITE FLIGHT” looks like UP-CLOSE... 3 hr NAAWP CRIME NEWS UPDATE 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••