How many econ courses have you taken?How would a world with strick conservative economic and social construct look like? If monopolies by the largest companies controlled everything without government interference, would that bring freedom of choice, stability, liberty? How about this, company A owns 80% of the wealth and the remaining 20% is fought over by other corporations. Corporation A wants to produce a car with one color only, purple! Or produce one style of cell phone. Raw capitalism without no government interference! I would see a form of fascism/Oligarchy taking place.
Americans would'nt tolerate that kind of system. We don't have a raw capitalism here. If we did we'd be no different than Somalia in 10 years if that form of government came to power. If the Constitution were followed by the letter, we'd be somewhere in the 17th century still.
A mixture of socialism and capitalism is what made this country 'exceptional' from all others on earth.
Libertarianism would also put us back in time to the 1800's. No system in and of itself, can work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, multi-religious society as we have here. Only an oppressive system such as Islam or Communism 'forces' citizens to comply. Thank God we have the greatest system on earth!
Totalitarianism is what I think will happen if either Democrat or Republican get 100% control.
What's next, are you going to tell me that NAFTA destroyed the economy?