Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3022 Jan 23, 2013
So they finally had to come out and admit it, now that the Coroner has released some info along with police.

An AR-15, or the so-called "Assault Weapon", was not used in the school shooting. The shooter even tried weeks earlier to buy a rifle but was turned down in the background check. There were initial reports, right after the shooting, that police found the AR-15 in his car, NOT IN THE SCHOOL. The rifle was not used. The shooter went into the school with 4 handguns, NOT an Assault Rifle as the media has charged.

VIDEO: http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/502084...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3023 Jan 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government trampling our rights. Why do you think the first colonists came here?
Give you a hint. Two word phrase, second word FREEDOM.
Ironically, they then set about trampling the indians rights.
OK--let's break that down.

Self-defense, with a weapon, is typically defined as a situation in which life or limb are credibly threatenend, and only the use of the weapon will prevent death or serious injury.

You gotta scenario like that involving the government and rights?

Because use of arms against the government more typically falls in the category of armed insurrection. But George says nobody has that in mind.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3024 Jan 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see some posts that call for revolution, Che. I see posts where people are very clear in their intent to defend themselves.
Again, George, defend yourself against what, precisely?

Location hidden

#3025 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Early guns sucked, they took a minute to reload and were inaccurate beyond 50ft.
The Bow and Arrow was much more useful when from an ambush, by people who ambushed in order to eat.
Later, many tribes acquired guns through trade.
Usually, the problem was inferior numbers. Not tech.
There is no evidence that the natives of Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, Chesapeake reigon, where the country began, were cannibals. Nor other tribes across the nation, that I am aware of.
Game was abundant. They grew crops to sustain themselves. They made their own clothes and tools and needed nothing that they could not provide for themselves.
Immigrants came from Europe and had no problem interacting and learning from the natives.
But the immigrants always considered the natives 'inferior' and as more immigrants came and took over more prime land for crops to trade with England, the natives became a hinderance; to the point that the immigrants just shot them as they would a deer or goose.
Many criminals were shipped by the English courts to the 'colonies', to live as free men here. The trip across the Atlantic did not remove their propensity to steal, murder or to give up their criminal activities, and the natives were the easier targets.

Yes, the indians did acquire guns eventually. Inferior guns to what our military was using at the time. And their numbers had been depeleted, as had the game and many were starving. The Great White Father in Washington promised them heaven and delivered hell.
I have found many arrowheads. I've learned how to tell the difference in ones intended for small game and ones intended for 'high velocity', farther away targets.
When we 'remember where we came from,' a great many of us came from ancestors that invaded another country and stole it from it's natives,
and others introduced slavery to America.
And there were those who fought against and stood up to both oppressions. As Some, most, I believe, will stand up against oppression from our government now and in the future.
Kind of worrisome that history always repeats itself.

Location hidden

#3026 Jan 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you his wife or his gumar?
He has a wife. I have a husband. You have...the internet.

Why never any personal experiences related by you Che? Did you never have a life? I'm sorry.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3027 Jan 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what that situation needed, more guns. If Allison Krause had a gun walking to class, she never would have had the chance to get it out of her bookbag.
Actually, there is a theory that the shooting was set off by a double agent wannabe with a pistol.
Bill Barrett describes his interaction with Terry Norman in his interview:

http://www.library.kent.edu//drc/oral_histori...

woof

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#3028 Jan 23, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats need to be armed, those that follow Ted Nugent, should be disarmed. Pale Rider for Justice, except the lunatics.
Where have you been, boy? All your posts just up and disappeared...

Hilliard, OH

#3029 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-defense, with a weapon, is typically defined as a situation in which life or limb are credibly threatenend, and only the use of the weapon will prevent death or serious injury.
Because use of arms against the government more typically falls in the category of armed insurrection. But George says nobody has that in mind.
Randy Weaver. You never respond to that example.
Murphys law

Wellington, OH

#3030 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Nugent does, we may yet have a leader, not the best leader, but as time follows, more will come.

Hilliard, OH

#3031 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, George, defend yourself against what, precisely?
How many times do I have to tell you to look at Randy Weaver before you'll get it through your thick skull?

Hilliard, OH

#3032 Jan 23, 2013
6was9 wrote:
So they finally had to come out and admit it, now that the Coroner has released some info along with police.
An AR-15, or the so-called "Assault Weapon", was not used in the school shooting. The shooter even tried weeks earlier to buy a rifle but was turned down in the background check. There were initial reports, right after the shooting, that police found the AR-15 in his car, NOT IN THE SCHOOL. The rifle was not used. The shooter went into the school with 4 handguns, NOT an Assault Rifle as the media has charged.
There are A LOT of things about Newtown that are extremely questionable when compared to the "official" story.

Hilliard, OH

#3033 Jan 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you still believe that "We would've won the war except for those meddling kids" baloney.
And if we had listened to LeMay in 1965, there wouldn't even have been any meddling kids.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3034 Jan 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a wife. I have a husband. You have...the internet.
Why never any personal experiences related by you Che? Did you never have a life? I'm sorry.
And I'm thinking the Duchess should sign off in consideration of the enormous, unnecessary carbon footprint she is creating.

Egads.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3035 Jan 23, 2013
Aw, shucks...there I go again...confusing the two Akron econuts.
An easy error, to be sure.

Either way, neither are setting a good example of responsible green living by residing on Topix day in and day out.
Adif understanding

United States

#3036 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruby ridge. And of course then ever lasting "you can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands".

And yes, life and limb was in jeopardy in 1939 after Hitler diarmed Germany and sent the retarded, disfigured, mentally ill, and jews off to concentration camps providing the final solution to the problem. There is no reason to assume a disarmed populace would not suffer similar or the same. Hitler was elected too.

Location hidden

#3037 Jan 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Aw, shucks...there I go again...confusing the two Akron econuts.
An easy error, to be sure.
Either way, neither are setting a good example of responsible green living by residing on Topix day in and day out.
Lol Tip, i know it's late....I have no idea what you're saying.

Location hidden

#3038 Jan 23, 2013
6was9 wrote:
Excellent information. None the more tragic, but I guess this will end the discussion on assault rifles. Right?

See the hysteria the libs churned up without knowing the facts? Good grief, 5 people wounded at gun shows last weekend for no other reason then the adminstration was jumping to conclusions (again) and making political capital when people are at their most vulnerable.

So, what will Biden do with his time now?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#3039 Jan 23, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent information. None the more tragic, but I guess this will end the discussion on assault rifles. Right?
See the hysteria the libs churned up without knowing the facts? Good grief, 5 people wounded at gun shows last weekend for no other reason then the adminstration was jumping to conclusions (again) and making political capital when people are at their most vulnerable.
So, what will Biden do with his time now?
He and the rest of the left will continue to lie about it, banking on the fact that most people haven't seen the reports.

Location hidden

#3041 Jan 23, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He and the rest of the left will continue to lie about it, banking on the fact that most people haven't seen the reports.
Hey Ton, go look at the thread 'liberals & guns - interesting' or worded closely to that.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3042 Jan 23, 2013
JohnFranklinMason wrote:
From it's incept the 2nd Amendment regulated who could own and use guns. Slaves, Indians and lawbreakers were denied use and owership of guns.
The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee the right to bear arms to everyone but limits the right to bear arms.
http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-seco...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scammer 1 hr Window worker 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Pale Rider 4,839
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 3 hr TonyD2 81
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 4 hr Chris 760
COPS lives MATTER 5 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 5 hr yeah they are 14
Hand outs 5 hr White cop 10
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 9 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match