“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2961 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
And???
woof
Hey, I'd love to see them go. The US flag would have at a minimum, 54 stars within a decade.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2962 Jan 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Get a clue. I see no disrespect for the American flag in Texas. I see no persecution by statute of non-English speakers. I don't see the governor traveling to schmooze with foreign separatist politicians.
Weak, especially for you, Duke.
There is no official language in Texas, though it should be English as it should nationwide. Quebec is far more exclusionairy in its regard to English speakers, they regulate what private businesses use, which would likely not fly in the US.

I don't fault them for trying to preserve French culture, it's just that they are leftist and multiculti, and I don't much like the French in general.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2963 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>Hey, I'd love to see them go. The US flag would have at a minimum, 54 stars within a decade.
Praries and BC Interior yes, Northern Ontario maybe, the rest F___ off!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2964 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>Get a clue. I see no disrespect for the American flag in Texas. I see no persecution by statute of non-English speakers. I don't see the governor traveling to schmooze with foreign separatist politicians.
Weak, especially for you, Duke.
I would think that talk of secession in Texas, no matter how silly it really is, implicitly includes some disrespect for the federal government, wouldn't you?

My point is, its rather hypocritical to facetiously claim to be defenders and proponents of fundamental individual rights, but disparage the efforts of others who, unlike you, actually get off of their couches and take meaningful action towards those ends.

There's only one explanation. When you disagree with one's opposing political or social viewpoints, their success in achieving their goals is so unpalatable that you must find a way to disparage their character, rather than their opinions, because that's all you have left.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2965 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to unions or occupiers?
We have called both thugs, the title is easier to hoist onto the occufilth, but the unions have had some violence assoicated, more than a Tea Party event for sure.
Both. Vietnam War protestors, Civil rights protestors as well. People who actually effect change through small acts.

woof
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2966 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that talk of secession in Texas, no matter how silly it really is, implicitly includes some disrespect for the federal government, wouldn't you?
My point is, its rather hypocritical to facetiously claim to be defenders and proponents of fundamental individual rights, but disparage the efforts of others who, unlike you, actually get off of their couches and take meaningful action towards those ends.
There's only one explanation. When you disagree with one's opposing political or social viewpoints, their success in achieving their goals is so unpalatable that you must find a way to disparage their character, rather than their opinions, because that's all you have left.
woof
There have been plenty of disparaging comments made over the years about leftist protestor's opinions, and further comments made about the fact that occupy protests are tinted with violent actions, but yet the Tea Party got worse treatment in the media and from left wing politicians.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2967 Jan 23, 2013
From it's incept the 2nd Amendment regulated who could own and use guns. Slaves, Indians and lawbreakers were denied use and owership of guns.

The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee the right to bear arms to everyone but limits the right to bear arms.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2968 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no official language in Texas, though it should be English as it should nationwide. Quebec is far more exclusionairy in its regard to English speakers, they regulate what private businesses use, which would likely not fly in the US.
I don't fault them for trying to preserve French culture, it's just that they are leftist and multiculti, and I don't much like the French in general.
Quebec is already recognized as a "distinct society" by most of the left in Canada. Hell, The Commons voted to recognize Quebec as a "nation" at one point.
I say, let 'em go. They'll find out what third world poverty is in a hurry, and we'd gain at least four states. Thing is, Quebec wants their cake and the ability to eat it too. "Sovereignty Association" was the phrase 35 years ago...they'd be independent, but still have the benefits of the Canadian military and treasury...for free! Only the French could be so arrogant.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2969 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Both. Vietnam War protestors, Civil rights protestors as well. People who actually effect change through small acts.
woof
Not that old to remember them, Kent State was a riot, though riots happened during the civil rights movement, the leaders largely were not in favor of violence.

We on the right don't like protesting because we have jobs and can only protest on the weekends, but most of us also have families.

Unlike the left's semi-professional protestors.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2970 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
The types you speak of have opinions that go hand in hand with their character...destructive and hateful. Their goals are to be defeated out of necessity. Vietnam protesters have American blood on their hands.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2971 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Praries and BC Interior yes, Northern Ontario maybe, the rest F___ off!
Like it or not, we'd be getting the Atlantic provinces. They can't make it on their own, and their physical separation from the rest of Canada is economically unsustainable.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2972 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>Quebec is already recognized as a "distinct society" by most of the left in Canada. Hell, The Commons voted to recognize Quebec as a "nation" at one point.
I say, let 'em go. They'll find out what third world poverty is in a hurry, and we'd gain at least four states. Thing is, Quebec wants their cake and the ability to eat it too. "Sovereignty Association" was the phrase 35 years ago...they'd be independent, but still have the benefits of the Canadian military and treasury...for free! Only the French could be so arrogant.
They could demand more provincial autonomy and sovereignty like a US state, but Harper wants to give that to all the provinces, and QC leftists don't want that because it would play into his hands.

Scotland also wants to keep the pound sterling, and inherit EU membership, but the EU Commission has told them they have to re-apply and join the euro, independence support dropped 15 points in Scotland after that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotlan...

As I have said previously, if Scottish independence was a right wing movement, I would support it, but it is not.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2973 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>The types you speak of have opinions that go hand in hand with their character...destructive and hateful. Their goals are to be defeated out of necessity. Vietnam protesters have American blood on their hands.
While I find conscription to be inefficient and immoral in a society not facing a total war for national survival (Israel), the protests were not about that, they were about trying to cause a US defeat so the dominoes would fall.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2974 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that old to remember them, Kent State was a riot, though riots happened during the civil rights movement, the leaders largely were not in favor of violence.
We on the right don't like protesting because we have jobs and can only protest on the weekends, but most of us also have families.
Unlike the left's semi-professional protestors.
Not sure what you mean, but if you think that what happened in Kent was merely a "riot", you are sadly mistaken about the importance of that week's events in this nation's history.

And I agree wholeheartedly that what keeps most people from engaging in civil, public protests about social and political issues is their family obligations and employment.

All the more reason why denigrating union members who took over statehouses last year as "thugs" is really quite foolish.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2975 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>The types you speak of have opinions that go hand in hand with their character...destructive and hateful. Their goals are to be defeated out of necessity. Vietnam protesters have American blood on their hands.
Their actions are the only thing that stopped the bleeding.

woof
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2976 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>Like it or not, we'd be getting the Atlantic provinces. They can't make it on their own, and their physical separation from the rest of Canada is economically unsustainable.
Newfoundland is now a donor province from oil, NB is going to start fracking, not sure about Nova Scotia but they are polled to vote the hard left out and the soft left in, perhaps there is a rightward trend, I doubt it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Nova_Scotia...

An Atlantic Federation is possible, and Ontario could be independent. Also, QC independence will mean the loss of most of QC's north, as the natives want the gravy train to continue.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2977 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
While I find conscription to be inefficient and immoral in a society not facing a total war for national survival (Israel), the protests were not about that, they were about trying to cause a US defeat so the dominoes would fall.
The protests were about stopping the unceasing flow of bodybags containing brothers and sisters and fathers and mothers.

Neither of you are old enough to remember, are you?

woof

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2978 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Their actions are the only thing that stopped the bleeding.
woof
BS. Their actions emboldened the enemy. Uncle Walter really got the ball rolling by lying on national TV about the Tet Offensive.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2979 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean, but if you think that what happened in Kent was merely a "riot", you are sadly mistaken about the importance of that week's events in this nation's history.
And I agree wholeheartedly that what keeps most people from engaging in civil, public protests about social and political issues is their family obligations and employment.
All the more reason why denigrating union members who took over statehouses last year as "thugs" is really quite foolish.
woof
Assault, property destruction, threats and fraud are indeed the behaviors of thugs. Wisconsin saw all of those.
Murphys law

Akron, OH

#2980 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Buildings were burned down at Kent State, that's a riot.

Union members were protecting an extortion racket, and damaged the WI capitol, that is thuggery. Not to mention that they pulled a sickout and denied the people what their taxes paid for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,247
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 1 hr Mojo Risen 86
Party In Crisis–Anti Trump Approach/Identity Po... 1 hr 404 not found 5
Well, Well, Well – President Trump Flips Bannon... 2 hr 404 not found 5
NPR: Large Majority Support Keeping Confederate... 2 hr 404 not found 2
Media Stunned – President Trump Support Stronge... 2 hr Male 11
Democratic voter base declines 3 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Republican Politicians have Courted Rascism FOR... 3 hr Alternative Facts... 99
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 3 hr Let Freedom Ring 155
wow. 50% of Marriages Fail in US 5 hr Dan 78