“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#2880 Jan 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I trying to punish the privileged?
The "you" is collective. And you are trying to punish them by penalizing them for being more successful, not realizing (at least I THINK you're not realizing...) that you're shooting yourselves in the foot.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#2881 Jan 22, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one claiming to be poised to leave the country. Canada is a bilingual country, but as one of the languages is English, Murphy would be OK. In Japan, over his head.
And I don't know for certain, but I suspect that Murph is one of those who objects to those signs in WalMart and elsewhere.
Canada is about as bilingual as the United States. Once you get out of Quebec and Montreal French is not spoken very much and even in both those areas English is still the dominant language.

Sort of like how you can go to many areas in the south west and Florida and Spanish is about as common as English.

Switzerland is nice. English, French, German. I speak a little of the other two and they have some nice gun laws. Beautiful country too. Been there a few times. My credentials would be good there for my profession too. I also have family there and also in Germany. If things ever went south in this country that's probably where I would go to.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2882 Jan 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Resistance is not overthrowing. You are the ones advocating overthrow... by advocating that one part of the government (the part in Washington) overthrow the rights of another part of the government (us).
You don't understand what "overthrow" means do you?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2883 Jan 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "you" is collective. And you are trying to punish them by penalizing them for being more successful, not realizing (at least I THINK you're not realizing...) that you're shooting yourselves in the foot.
Penalize them how?

Planet Earth

#2884 Jan 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"To bring about the downfall or destruction of."

I have no intention assisting or supporting the bringing about of the downfall or destruction of the government. You (collective), however, are assisting or supporting the attempt to "bring about the downfall or destruction of" certain rights.

Planet Earth

#2885 Jan 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Penalize them how?
Tax them at a higher percentage.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2886 Jan 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax them at a higher percentage.
You mean taxing them at a rate lower than when Reagan was President? That is punishing them?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2887 Jan 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Her we go...junior explains definitions....with his own added twist......

You're over your head, junior

Location hidden

#2888 Jan 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
"To bring about the downfall or destruction of."
I have no intention assisting or supporting the bringing about of the downfall or destruction of the government. You (collective), however, are assisting or supporting the attempt to "bring about the downfall or destruction of" certain rights.
When the leaders of a government becomes corrupt and oppress the citizens through the powers they have instilled in themselves......it is time for those in power to be overthrown, removed and a new set of leaders to be put in place that do follow the countries laws and constitution, or whatever instrument that country has in place as it's doctrine.

Location hidden

#2889 Jan 22, 2013
That is not destruction of the government. That is rational men putting government and laws back in place. Retaking their liberties from those that have tread on and dishonored them.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2890 Jan 22, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Her we go...junior explains definitions....with his own added twist......
You're over your head, junior
Really? Why? Do you have anecdotal evidence to support that?
Adif understanding

United States

#2891 Jan 22, 2013
All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter, reform, or abolish the same, whenever they may deem it necessary

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2892 Jan 22, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
When the leaders of a government becomes corrupt and oppress the citizens through the powers they have instilled in themselves......it is time for those in power to be overthrown, removed and a new set of leaders to be put in place that do follow the countries laws and constitution, or whatever instrument that country has in place as it's doctrine.
Listen to you. You disagree with policy and all of a sudden you are Patrick Henry. Grow up. Perhaps if your political party wasn't hellbent on marginalizing itself, you would be able to preserve your voice in government.

Planet Earth

#2893 Jan 22, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean taxing them at a rate lower than when Reagan was President? That is punishing them?
Lessening the punishment doesn't make it not a punishment.

Planet Earth

#2894 Jan 22, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not support the overthrow of politicians by any other means than elections. I do support resisting, defending against, or subverting unconstitutional or unjust edicts.
Adif understanding

United States

#2895 Jan 22, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right to alter, reform, or abolish the same, whenever they may deem it necessary
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security
Oh, forgot to mention those were in funding documents. Anyone know which ones?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2896 Jan 22, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lessening the punishment doesn't make it not a punishment.
You really have a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning of many words.

Planet Earth

#2897 Jan 22, 2013
do not "at this time". That could conceivably change

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2898 Jan 22, 2013
"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable, a most sacred right, a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world."

-- Abraham Lincoln, U.S. Congress, 1847

Apparently, Abe adopted "evolving" positions...like Obe.
Adif understanding

United States

#2899 Jan 22, 2013
funding-founding

Shows me right for trying to post from my phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rootin Tootin Putin 9 min They cannot kill ... 7
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 11 min yupitsme 21
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 36 min Pale Rider 4,796
Censoring Male. 1 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 2 hr Mikie 280
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 2 hr TonyD2 77
chanukah hanukkah day 2 2 hr They cannot kill ... 22
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 8 hr Big Papa Tea 333
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 14 hr White cop 27
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info