“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#2778 Jan 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you see rising up?
Not a specifically identifiable group if that's what you mean. Just people who've had enough.
And over what issue(s)?
Increasing government intrusion. I don't know what will be the trigger... it will simply be a straw that breaks the camel's back.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#2779 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true, I also heard of a plan from Sen. Rand Paul that would shut the legal immigration down for 5-10 years until all of the illegals were processed and the border secured.
I doubt it goes anywhere.
Paul Ryan is a traitor on the issue, read what Luis Guteierrez says about him.
Karl, you looooved Ryan just a few short months ago, him and the 'dissapearing Mormon. Now all of a sudden he's a traitor! Ron Paul was your best bet, but you put all your chips on the 'magic under ware' man. And your salty and want to start a war, how sad.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#2780 Jan 21, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I'm in Lancaster- well short ways outside of it, I'm Not sure why it is saying my location is IL. It might be because I don't have an account and it assumes location based off my IP.
Anyways, importer and exporters are needed too..lol I'll look into the dominionism a little more. I think the most religion that would get into a new government (in the US) would be the removal of this fiction about a separation of church and state and how it is used to deny boy scouts and others rights they have had for decades or more (decorations in town squares and such or pictures of religious figures in schools).
You're in Lancaster! That's a white enclave for sure. What's your beef with urban blacks? No proudful ghetto person would be caught in Lancaster day or night. Why, you're in vanilla heaven down 33!
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2781 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>I'm in Lancaster- well short ways outside of it, I'm Not sure why it is saying my location is IL. It might be because I don't have an account and it assumes location based off my IP.
Anyways, importer and exporters are needed too..lol I'll look into the dominionism a little more. I think the most religion that would get into a new government (in the US) would be the removal of this fiction about a separation of church and state and how it is used to deny boy scouts and others rights they have had for decades or more (decorations in town squares and such or pictures of religious figures in schools).
Ahh, I understand, my IP bounces around but it stays in Northeast Ohio, I can't manage to post using proxies, but most of those seem to show either Sweden or California.

Many revolutions are funded by the exports of certain "products" to overseas markets, look up what they did in the Bekaa Valley.

You will probably find few non-blogger US sources for "dominionism" as it is an exclusively left-wing blogger phenomenon, but it is widely believed overseas after a woman wrote a book saying that kids were being taught that the Bible teaches genocide, this was picked up by the Guardian newspaper, the UK's most leftwing paper (though it is under fire for supporting Clegg in the last election). Al Jazeera's columnists (essentially freelancers that they don't really control) have implied that it is the equivalent of the Egyptian MB, and the source of US support for Israel.(Al Jazeera has shied away from blaming Jewish control of the media)

The closest that anything resembling "Calvinist Theocracy" ever got politically was the supposed views of a professor at the law school Michele Bachmann attended. It is strange as Bachmann is not a member of a Calvinist denomination.

You are correct that "laicite" known here as "separation of church and state" was never in the Constitution, but was adopted by the Warren Court (this stance will be labeled "dominionist" overseas, but is not actual Dominionism). By and large the courts have not blocked the BSA from access to meeting space, as the KKK was allowed to be a highway litter cleanup.(Note that the Communists have never volunteered to do the same)

My personal opinion is that a future Constitution will say that the country is founded from a Judeo-Christian Western cultural heritage, simply to make a point that it did not originate from the Enlightenment, Rousseau and anti-clericalism.(Ironically, Rousseau was for a time, a Calvinist!)

The chances of Dominionist Revolution are as remote as Communist Revolution.(officially, the Occupiers were simply demanding the platform of mainstream European leftist parties like the German SPD/Greens)

Planet Earth

#2782 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the right wing nut job suggesting terrorism as a legitimate means to shape policy.
One man's terrorism is another man's freedom fight. Take the Boston Tea Party, for example.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2783 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>The other way we use immigration is where we create bad situations in other countries by our policies and allow the worst impacted to immigrate to the US to escape political retribution.
This led to the Somalis, I regard this as a major failure of the system.

I prefer as system that reduces the yearly intake to somewhere around the population of Cleveland, and takes an equal amount from the global regions.(Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa)

It probably isn't constitutional, but I do question Muslim immigration, it has caused too many problems in Europe.

The idea that the legal system would be temporarily halted is that doing an actual processing of the 12-20 million illegals would take years, the actual Rubio/Obama plan would grant immidiate legal status and a pathway filled with loopholes.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2784 Jan 21, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Karl, you looooved Ryan just a few short months ago, him and the 'dissapearing Mormon. Now all of a sudden he's a traitor! Ron Paul was your best bet, but you put all your chips on the 'magic under ware' man. And your salty and want to start a war, how sad.
Look, fake WA, if I called Muslims "towel heads" it would get deleted. I have theological divisions with the LDS, but I don't figure that they should be denigrated as you are posting.

Ryan is another Jack Kemp, with a few more bones for the base.

I'm not going to bash my own side during the election season, heck some on the right have taken to calling Kasich a tax hiker, and I have not joined in on that.

(Seriously liberals, Kasich actually has proposed hiking drilling taxes, you should vote for him next year)
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2785 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
One man's terrorism is another man's freedom fight. Take the Boston Tea Party, for example.
Go back a few pages, Reader disagrees.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#2786 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a specifically identifiable group if that's what you mean. Just people who've had enough.
<quoted text>
Increasing government intrusion. I don't know what will be the trigger... it will simply be a straw that breaks the camel's back.
He means rural white men. The suburbanites are too busy living high on the hog in their $250 k homes, 60 inch HD TV's, golfing bags, weekends off work, freezer chest full of meats, basements stocked with cases of beer and liquors, and children in college!
They have no time to be running around at night in cammo playing super partisan. Those country hicks must be out of their minds if they think ol' Ralph is going to get his New Balance sneakers dirty or miss the next bar-b-que on his $200 dollar gas grill. Forgettaboughtit!

Planet Earth

#2787 Jan 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No one ever said, on this thread, that they would shoot or hurt anyone other than to defend themselves or someone else. And the 'someone else' is not limited to family.
As Americans, we want our freedoms upheld. We particularly do not want them maligned or 'arranged' by politicians of any party relaxing, and even encouraging, more lax immigration laws in order to build their base. Which is exactly what is happening if you open your eyes.
Want to make illegals residents or allow immigration to the US easier. Fine. As long as they do not qualify to vote in any election, at any level, until they have had legal residency for no less than 10 years.
Nope, 18 years. That's how long someone born here has to wait...
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#2788 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, fake WA, if I called Muslims "towel heads" it would get deleted. I have theological divisions with the LDS, but I don't figure that they should be denigrated as you are posting.
Ryan is another Jack Kemp, with a few more bones for the base.
I'm not going to bash my own side during the election season, heck some on the right have taken to calling Kasich a tax hiker, and I have not joined in on that.
(Seriously liberals, Kasich actually has proposed hiking drilling taxes, you should vote for him next year)
It was my vote that helped put him in!
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#2789 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
why is the Islamist Jihadis not viewed that way by westerns if that's the case.

Planet Earth

#2790 Jan 21, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> why is the Islamist Jihadis not viewed that way by westerns if that's the case.
Because Westerners are among the targets of the jihadists. To another jihadist...
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2791 Jan 21, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> why is the Islamist Jihadis not viewed that way by westerns if that's the case.
Sharia isn't seen as "freeing" us, to a Muslim there is no "freedom" as Islam means "submission" or "surrender", the "liberation" is to remove the Crusaders and Zionists from Dar-Al-Islam so that the people can submit to Islam.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2792 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Example especially when it has to do with one economical freedom.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2793 Jan 21, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> It was my vote that helped put him in!
Kasich?

I have admitted I didn't favor him in 2010, but I most likely will next year.

Glad to see you agree with the Ohio unemployment beating the national average by a full point. And Illinois by several points.
Adif understanding

United States

#2794 Jan 22, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You're in Lancaster! That's a white enclave for sure. What's your beef with urban blacks? No proudful ghetto person would be caught in Lancaster day or night. Why, you're in vanilla heaven down 33!
I have absolutely no clue to what you are driveling on about. I have no problem with anyone on account of race nor am I on or near 33.
Adif understanding

United States

#2795 Jan 22, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
This led to the Somalis, I regard this as a major failure of the system.
I prefer as system that reduces the yearly intake to somewhere around the population of Cleveland, and takes an equal amount from the global regions.(Asia, Latin America, Europe, Africa)
It probably isn't constitutional, but I do question Muslim immigration, it has caused too many problems in Europe.
The idea that the legal system would be temporarily halted is that doing an actual processing of the 12-20 million illegals would take years, the actual Rubio/Obama plan would grant immidiate legal status and a pathway filled with loopholes.
Oh, there are failures and probably will continue to be as long as we attempt to use immigration for strategic purposes. But on the other hand, there have been some success too.

As for the Muslim immigrants, it probably would be challenged under the constitution. I see what you are saying though.

I do support making illegals who came here from no action of their own legitimate. I don't like the idea of giving them citizenship. But when someone is dragged here by their parents and had to grow up in the US, as long as they assimilate and become Americans (which is likely all they consciously know) and do not break any serious laws, they should be able to get legal status. Most of these illegals will be indistinguishable from anyone born and raised in the US and I would rather them become productive members of society than having to work for less then others or not working at all.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2796 Jan 22, 2013
<quoted text>Oh, there are failures and probably will continue to be as long as we attempt to use immigration for strategic purposes. But on the other hand, there have been some success too.
As for the Muslim immigrants, it probably would be challenged under the constitution. I see what you are saying though.
I do support making illegals who came here from no action of their own legitimate. I don't like the idea of giving them citizenship. But when someone is dragged here by their parents and had to grow up in the US, as long as they assimilate and become Americans (which is likely all they consciously know) and do not break any serious laws, they should be able to get legal status. Most of these illegals will be indistinguishable from anyone born and raised in the US and I would rather them become productive members of society than having to work for less then others or not working at all.
The problem is "family reunification" if the "dreamers" get legalized, then their parents, and foreign born siblings can get applied in as well, though some bills have said they will restrict it.

I figure that the exemption should only be for those who enlist in the military, otherwise, they are citizens of a foreign country and should return to that country.

This is the central problem of legalization, in 1986 the amnesty was far larger than the congressional Democrats said it was, and the border was not secured. The left needs racial animosity among non-whites to win elections.

This is typically an emotion driven debate, and as soon as Congress acts to greelight the dreamers, Luis Gutierrez will be out demanding the same for the parents.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#2797 Jan 22, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Schottensteins and Sol Schenk started Consolidated Stores Co., which eventually became Odd Lots and is the current Big Lots. It started as a private company, but they sold their stakes when it went public.
Schottenstein still owns the remaining entities such as 1-800-Safe-Auto.
They were also famous for liquidating Fiats and DeLoreans back in the day.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/sol-sh...
Don't mess with me on this stuff. I know what I'm talking about !
me too.

they were a customer; and I sold them millions of dollars of close outs, on average 2 million a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unaccompanied kids escape Central America to un... 31 min They cannot kill ... 3
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 37 min Dear God 2,416
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr woo-boy 30,953
Dying boy gets wish to join Columbus police 1 hr Zoe Regen 1
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 181
ISIS recruiting women from America 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 25
OBAMA Outperforms Reagan 3 hr Free Pizza 4 U 50
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••