Gun Control Under Obama
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2718 Jan 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that it overthrew the Constitution, or the duly elected government of the United States of America?
It was hugely tragic--but what did it change in terms of the essence of America? Many lives were lost. But America was nonetheless the victor.
http://www.aclu.org/blog/tag/patriot-act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura#Qu...

(I agree with neither of these organizations, but they do make the argument that 9/11 resulted in a restriction of constitutional rights)
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2719 Jan 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS found a way to find Obamacare constitutional,
They're appointed by the presidents. We expect either Ginsberg or Thomas to during this presidental term. That will lead to another liberal, leftist Jurist.
Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer are more likely to die or retire from the court before Thomas.

As for now, four votes on the court would let the government render the 2A useless, and there is a high chance that Obama will play racial politics with the next appointment.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2720 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boston Tea Party would be called an act of terrorism.
It did shape policy and is regarded today as "legitimate", but it was at its core about merchants who were dodging taxes and mad that the state had allowed the East India Company to have a monopoly on tea shipped to the colonies, undercutting the smuggling.
It's akin to people trashing a First Energy plant because the rates were too high.
And of course the folks in the Boston Tea Party were reacting to the actions of their elected government, right?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2721 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the right wing nut job suggesting terrorism as a legitimate means to shape policy.
That doesn't even make sense. If anything, your boy with NDAA shredded the Constitution in the name of fighting terrorism.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2722 Jan 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that it overthrew the Constitution, or the duly elected government of the United States of America?
It was hugely tragic--but what did it change in terms of the essence of America? Many lives were lost. But America was nonetheless the victor.
Are you out of your mind? NDAA...that's all that needs to be said.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2723 Jan 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS found a way to find Obamacare constitutional,
They're appointed by the presidents. We expect either Ginsberg or Thomas to during this presidental term. That will lead to another liberal, leftist Jurist.
Who appointed the majority of justices on the SCOTUS?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2724 Jan 21, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't even make sense. If anything, your boy with NDAA shredded the Constitution in the name of fighting terrorism.
Your support of terrorism as a legitimate means to affect policy is what doesn't make sense.
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2725 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course the folks in the Boston Tea Party were reacting to the actions of their elected government, right?
A government does not need elections to make it legitimate. That is a recent western invention.

Nor does an election make a government just, after all Hitler was elected.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2726 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your support of terrorism as a legitimate means to affect policy is what doesn't make sense.
And exactly which terrorist acts have I ever supported?
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2727 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you are twisting around words, you are not going to get the FBI to arrest any of us under "material support of terrorism" which appears to be what you are trying to bait us into doing.

Riddle me this, why is the administration using terrorism in Libya and Syria to affect its Middle Eastern foreign policy, or previously in Iran?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2728 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
And the division will increase. With the ongoing violations of the Constitution by the highest authorities, I don't know how much the "lunatic fringe" can handle (as long as half the group isn't undercover FBI). Remember that the environmental terrorists carried out a significant amount of property damage, and there is nothing stopping some of the "right wing extremists" from doing the same.
In fact, I'd argue that all of the death threats and hacking that the newspaper that published the locations of the gun owners, was the start of the violence. Think of it you will as the equivalent of the Sugar Act of 1764.
The divison is deliberate. That is what all of the new immigration laws and 'instant citizenship' is meant to do.
Let's hope it backfires.

OMG...news in the backround. Just overheard: They have suspended a 5 year old girl in PA for threatening to shoot her class mate with a 'HELLO KITTY' bubble gun she got for Christmas.
This is where this gun mania has brought us.

You all familiar with "Hello Kitty?"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2729 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>And exactly which terrorist acts have I ever supported?
G,ignore junior. He just spouts to get a reaction.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2730 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>And exactly which terrorist acts have I ever supported?
Your little gun revolution you've been espousing, then running from, the espousing, then runnning from, and on and on....

You also seem to be a pretty big fan of the OKC bombing.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2731 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how many times you are twisting around words, you are not going to get the FBI to arrest any of us under "material support of terrorism" which appears to be what you are trying to bait us into doing.
Riddle me this, why is the administration using terrorism in Libya and Syria to affect its Middle Eastern foreign policy, or previously in Iran?
Bait you? You all are supporting Civil War and Waco like events and talking about threats and bombings. You are lending your support to terrorism. It's funny how it only takes one question for you guys to tuck tail. Do you think your little Civil War is going to be successful if you are afraid of the FBI?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#2732 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your little gun revolution you've been espousing, then running from, the espousing, then runnning from, and on and on....
Self defense is revolution? I suppose that's the way you mentally ill leftists see it.
A fan of OKC? Hardly. Simply not blind to a little truism called "cause and effect." Clinton and Reno are partially to blame for OKC. Another FACT.
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2733 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some political observers think that the OKC bombing had the effect of re-electing Bill Clinton because of the backlash that the right wing had been responsible for it.

As I assume that George was against the re-election of Clinton, I don't see how he would be a fan of it.
Murphys law

Sugarcreek, OH

#2734 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bait you? You all are supporting Civil War and Waco like events and talking about threats and bombings. You are lending your support to terrorism. It's funny how it only takes one question for you guys to tuck tail. Do you think your little Civil War is going to be successful if you are afraid of the FBI?
I don't intend to support a civil war, I intend to relocate to Canada before it happens. My guns will be "lost in a boating accident"

Admitting that future violence is likely, is not in support of the violence. DHS and the National Guard have admitted that it may soon happen.

If the FBI arrests me, that's a good thing for the cause, it would prove difficult to convict me of anything and I would be costing the taxpayers money and further driving the country into debt from my prison cell.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2735 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>Self defense is revolution? I suppose that's the way you mentally ill leftists see it.
A fan of OKC? Hardly. Simply not blind to a little truism called "cause and effect." Clinton and Reno are partially to blame for OKC. Another FACT.
Self defense? You were going to shoot people, remember? That was before you were going to hide all of your guns.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2736 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't intend to support a civil war, I intend to relocate to Canada before it happens. My guns will be "lost in a boating accident"
Admitting that future violence is likely, is not in support of the violence. DHS and the National Guard have admitted that it may soon happen.
If the FBI arrests me, that's a good thing for the cause, it would prove difficult to convict me of anything and I would be costing the taxpayers money and further driving the country into debt from my prison cell.
Is that before or after you flee to Canada?

(How are they going to like your guns up there?)

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2737 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
The Boston Tea Party would be called an act of terrorism.
It did shape policy and is regarded today as "legitimate", but it was at its core about merchants who were dodging taxes and mad that the state had allowed the East India Company to have a monopoly on tea shipped to the colonies, undercutting the smuggling.
It's akin to people trashing a First Energy plant because the rates were too high.
Not quite. There was a fair amount of theory, for lack of a better word, underlying the Revolution. Those words in the Declaration of Independence and the Preamble to the Constitution didn't just pop up there. Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau--to name a few--were bubbling up beneath the notion that governments govern with the consent of the governed--hence taxation without representation was tyranny, and all that stuff.

Just as many of the folks who are regarding as falling in line behind Martin Luther King had been organizing in smaller ways--building networks and educating themselves on both strategies and schools of thought.

Even the terrorist actions of Osama bin Laden required a myriad of organization--a network of cells that could operate in ignorance of one another--with an adherence to revolutionary thought.

Revolution--is not something that just happens because a lunatic fringe gets angry about something. And this is why you and your friends appear to me to be nothing but hot air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 3 min Pope Che Reagan C... 552
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 36 min Alternative Facts... 950
News Investor nightmare (Jul '09) 1 hr Mahim-Toledo 92
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 2 hr Real Curious 305
Someone hates pork fat. 3 hr Duke for Mayor 8
Chuck Schumer 4 hr BBB 3
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 7 hr Alternative Facts... 194

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages