Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2696 Jan 21, 2013
4. Schottensteins' resignation from Consolidated's Board; claim board decisions not in best interest of Consolidated Stores

Publication: Columbus Dispatch

Date: Friday, September 4, 1987 Page: 1 E
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2697 Jan 21, 2013
Schottenstein Stores Corp.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schottenstein Stores Corp., based in Columbus, Ohio, is a holding company for various ventures of the Schottenstein family. Jerome Schottenstein and Jay Schottenstein are two of the primary holders in the company.

Schottenstein Stores owns stakes in DSW and American Signature Furniture; 15% of American Eagle Outfitters, retail liquidator SB Capital Group, some 50 shopping centers, and 5 factories producing its shoes and furniture.[1]

It also holds an ownership interest in American Eagle Outfitters, Wehmeyer in Germany, Cold Stone Creamery, The Mazel Company, Gidding-Jenny,[2] Shiffren Willens jewelry stores, and Sara Fredericks boutiques.[3]

In 2006, a consortium of investors, including Schottenstein Stores, purchased 655 stores from grocery retailer Albertson's.[4]

Schottenstein Stores owns the rights to various brands, including Bugle Boy (purchased in 2001),[5] "Cannon", "Royal Velvet", "Charisma", "Fieldcrest", J. Peterman, delia's, SB Premier Brands and Leslie Fay.[6]

http://www.sbcapitalgroup.com/intellectual_pr...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2698 Jan 21, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen it happen, too, and sometimes with fairly large sums of money involved. It's a sad thing.
You can add the name of the person you want to inherit your real property to your deed anytime while you are still living. Here it is worded,'joint tenants, not in common, with right of survivorship'...in other words, whichever of you lives the longest, the other owns 100% of it. Here, and probably under IRS rules, it must be done no less than 3 years prior to death to evade estate taxes.

Caution, feel enirely comfortable that that person is not going to take a lein on your property or otherwise jeoprodize it, as once you do this it is their's, legally, as much as it is yours.

But seek additional legal advise on this. I don't have recent experience. And there MAY be a transfer tax if it is not parent to child, although I've seen it done with no blood tie whatsoever and there were no tax ramifications.

I hate estate taxes. If that are not double taxation, I don't know what is! Evade them anyway you can.

Location hidden

#2699 Jan 21, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Schottensteins and Sol Schenk started
Roberto, Hey thanks for all this. I want to read it slowly and fully after a nap.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#2700 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't force personal responsibility on anyone. Nor am I demanding it. I have simply pointed out the error in her thinking. Your reaction makes my point perfectly.
I will probably regret asking this, but the response should be entertaining (considering you don't know me). How have I failed to accept personal responsibility?
probably a few broken scales and some cracked toilets. For sure.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2701 Jan 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberto, Hey thanks for all this. I want to read it slowly and fully after a nap.
I don't know how we got off on this tangent ... but family feuds are very interesting indeed.

I don't get why all the fighting when you have so much money though. Especially with siblings.
Adif understanding

United States

#2702 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what is wrong with this country today. These threads are full of personal attacks about race and religion and repeated comments about people's lack of family and success.
I somehow doubt these threads are reflective of America. I participate in several other forum groups don't really have issues with racist and religious bigotry. There are people who are sternly clueless and will stand by their idiocy without fail, but this forum seems to be filled with some of the most vile hatred I have seen since my BBS and IRC days. There are forums threads started to do nothing but trash talk someone in real life. It's like David Duke with the nosy neighbor syndrome crossed with diarrhea of the mouth in some cases.

There are some people I have seen in a couple threads that appear to be decent people. There are others who appear to be just responding to attacks, and then there are some who seem to be the lowest common denominator of the ghetto. But they are not reflective of the country as a whole I wouldn't think.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2703 Jan 21, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I somehow doubt these threads are reflective of America. I participate in several other forum groups don't really have issues with racist and religious bigotry. There are people who are sternly clueless and will stand by their idiocy without fail, but this forum seems to be filled with some of the most vile hatred I have seen since my BBS and IRC days. There are forums threads started to do nothing but trash talk someone in real life. It's like David Duke with the nosy neighbor syndrome crossed with diarrhea of the mouth in some cases.
There are some people I have seen in a couple threads that appear to be decent people. There are others who appear to be just responding to attacks, and then there are some who seem to be the lowest common denominator of the ghetto. But they are not reflective of the country as a whole I wouldn't think.
This site is mainly a reflection of the America that is not part of the "low information voters", most of the posts on here are done by highly informed and charged partisans, and you gotta have a thick skin.

But the tendency on this forum has been much more combative since the election, and it will only get worse. It's the reason why I think that civil war is imminent before the end of the decade. It's the fruit of demographic warfare.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#2705 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
This site is mainly a reflection of the America that is not part of the "low information voters", most of the posts on here are done by highly informed and charged partisans, and you gotta have a thick skin.
But the tendency on this forum has been much more combative since the election, and it will only get worse. It's the reason why I think that civil war is imminent before the end of the decade. It's the fruit of demographic warfare.
I think something quasi-military will happen, but the government won't have the balls to designate it as a "civil war", no matter how bad it gets. Probably something with "uprising" on the end of it.

Location hidden

#2706 Jan 21, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how we got off on this tangent ... but family feuds are very interesting indeed.
I don't get why all the fighting when you have so much money though. Especially with siblings.
I have a friend that lives very frugally. Always has. He says if you don't have anything, nobody will come after it. He's actually well off, but no one knows but me, Same thing when you die, I guess. If there's nothing to fight over, families unite.

Oh, I've seen siblings never speak to eachother again after a parent's death. Very sad and not what the deceased would want, but you know, I've had people tell me BEFORE they died that their kids were going to fight.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2707 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think something quasi-military will happen, but the government won't have the balls to designate it as a "civil war", no matter how bad it gets. Probably something with "uprising" on the end of it.
Several Wacos are on the horizon. This time the public won't be on the side of the feds.

Location hidden

#2708 Jan 21, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I somehow doubt these threads are reflective of America. But they are not reflective of the country as a whole I wouldn't think.
I hope not. No doubt that we are a divided nation at present.

But it's topix. You can expect anything and have thick skin.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2709 Jan 21, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not. No doubt that we are a divided nation at present.
But it's topix. You can expect anything and have thick skin.
And the division will increase. With the ongoing violations of the Constitution by the highest authorities, I don't know how much the "lunatic fringe" can handle (as long as half the group isn't undercover FBI). Remember that the environmental terrorists carried out a significant amount of property damage, and there is nothing stopping some of the "right wing extremists" from doing the same.

In fact, I'd argue that all of the death threats and hacking that the newspaper that published the locations of the gun owners, was the start of the violence. Think of it you will as the equivalent of the Sugar Act of 1764.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2710 Jan 21, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you see rising up?

And over what issue(s)?

Location hidden

#2711 Jan 21, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
And the division will increase. With the ongoing violations of the Constitution by the highest authorities, I don't know how much the "lunatic fringe" can handle (as long as half the group isn't undercover FBI). Remember that the environmental terrorists carried out a significant amount of property damage, and there is nothing stopping some of the "right wing extremists" from doing the same.
In fact, I'd argue that all of the death threats and hacking that the newspaper that published the locations of the gun owners, was the start of the violence. Think of it you will as the equivalent of the Sugar Act of 1764.
Karl, lunatics will do as lunatics do. However, as regards any supposed Constitutional violations (and recall that we've been hearing that drum-beat for awhile now, about a variety of different pieces of legislation), why do you see a violent uprising on the part of any particular sets of believers rather than hiring attorneys and working their way up to the Supreme Court. Many groups have found ultimate success in this way. I can't think of any successful terrorist actions against the US. At least not insofar as altering legislation, adhering to Constitutional principles and the like.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2712 Jan 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Karl, lunatics will do as lunatics do. However, as regards any supposed Constitutional violations (and recall that we've been hearing that drum-beat for awhile now, about a variety of different pieces of legislation), why do you see a violent uprising on the part of any particular sets of believers rather than hiring attorneys and working their way up to the Supreme Court. Many groups have found ultimate success in this way. I can't think of any successful terrorist actions against the US. At least not insofar as altering legislation, adhering to Constitutional principles and the like.
What the hell do you think 9/11 did?
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2713 Jan 21, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Murphy

Because the courts will likely find most of it Constitutional.

People already contribute to lawsuits, but politically the right is heading for extinction if/when illegal immigrants get amnesty and the presumed increase in legal immigration.

That means a left wing judiciary. It would therefore not be surprising that people would seek other means of justice, for instance they could seek secession, but I predict the first amounts of violence will be "lone wolves" and then groups of 2-4, like how the IRA operated during the troubles.

I don't think many people will believe in a system that considers them trash because of "white privilege"
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2714 Jan 21, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell do you think 9/11 did?
Look at the right wing nut job suggesting terrorism as a legitimate means to shape policy.

Location hidden

#2715 Jan 21, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell do you think 9/11 did?
Are you suggesting that it overthrew the Constitution, or the duly elected government of the United States of America?

It was hugely tragic--but what did it change in terms of the essence of America? Many lives were lost. But America was nonetheless the victor.
Murphys law

Medina, OH

#2716 Jan 21, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the right wing nut job suggesting terrorism as a legitimate means to shape policy.
The Boston Tea Party would be called an act of terrorism.

It did shape policy and is regarded today as "legitimate", but it was at its core about merchants who were dodging taxes and mad that the state had allowed the East India Company to have a monopoly on tea shipped to the colonies, undercutting the smuggling.

It's akin to people trashing a First Energy plant because the rates were too high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hand outs 15 min They cannot kill ... 4
COPS lives MATTER 18 min Male 35
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 53 min d pantz 12
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 56 min Pale Rider 4,825
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 1 hr I Do Know 5
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 311
I found Mr Tea 1 hr White cop 4
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]