“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2590 Jan 19, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I really wasn't commenting on that at all, I just found it a bit funny to see you criticizing someone for being chippy.
woof
No, for acting the way she did in a PM. That's called going above and beyond in looking for trouble.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2591 Jan 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on. But Reader will never acknowledge that. Blame is only to be placed on those she deems inferior. Her girl-crush on the English tramp is clouding her mind.
Strikes me that you are defending SL because of her obvious crush on you, as well as the reality that you have been guilty of the same thing.

Just sayin, a PM is a private message. Different than posting here. Apparently Tranpsosition approached SL privately about her obvious lapses in supporting the character that she is creating online. And SL chose to retaliate online.

That's a line that I would not choose to cross. And I certainly would not recommend personal contact with someone who does.

Hilliard, OH

#2592 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Strikes me that you are defending SL because of her obvious crush on you, as well as the reality that you have been guilty of the same thing.
Just sayin, a PM is a private message. Different than posting here. Apparently Tranpsosition approached SL privately about her obvious lapses in supporting the character that she is creating online. And SL chose to retaliate online.
That's a line that I would not choose to cross. And I certainly would not recommend personal contact with someone who does.
I see no evidence of any "crush" directed my way, Reader. You must be watching too much Lifetime.
Why would anyone PM an adversary? That's called "asking for it." And I see no "character creation" on SL's part. In fact, I see more of it in those like tramp and Che who closely guard every aspect of their backgrounds, including things that couldn't possibly lead to their identities being revealed. Tramp won't even say where in the US she hails from (if she really is an American.) Her absolute certainty that she knew about weather conditions in all of France yesterday showed just how off the wall her persona is. When she was called on it, her response was to again attack SL. She has nothing else in her little bag of "superiority."

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2593 Jan 19, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I see no evidence of any "crush" directed my way, Reader. You must be watching too much Lifetime.
Why would anyone PM an adversary? That's called "asking for it." And I see no "character creation" on SL's part. In fact, I see more of it in those like tramp and Che who closely guard every aspect of their backgrounds, including things that couldn't possibly lead to their identities being revealed. Tramp won't even say where in the US she hails from (if she really is an American.) Her absolute certainty that she knew about weather conditions in all of France yesterday showed just how off the wall her persona is. When she was called on it, her response was to again attack SL. She has nothing else in her little bag of "superiority."
Yes, George, we all know that you got trounced over the issue of your constant reiteration of the name of your alma mater.

This isn't the first time that SL's references have been shady. Kosmik has also called her out.

But, she has also loudly proclaimed you as the smartest man on Topi a number of times. Can't help but think you are responding in kind to your fan.

Hilliard, OH

#2594 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, George, we all know that you got trounced over the issue of your constant reiteration of the name of your alma mater.
This isn't the first time that SL's references have been shady. Kosmik has also called her out.
But, she has also loudly proclaimed you as the smartest man on Topi a number of times. Can't help but think you are responding in kind to your fan.
Think again. My motives are my own, born of my opinion. I call 'em as I see 'em.
I have no issue backing up claims to a point, hence no hesitation at revealing my alma mater. Tramp won't even divulge her state of origin (leading me to believe that she is not an American.)
Kosmik is hardly one to be calling people out, Reader. He's got all the gravitas of shredded wheat these days.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2596 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read people very well. My crush is on Catman Dave. Although I do miss Karl.
What galls the hell out of you is that I am not a created character, just another woman who works and happens to have a unique position
A line you would not 'choose to cross?' Who are you kidding?
Stop fretting. I've blocked anymore PM's from the wench.
Now if you idiots think I am going to reveal anything that can connect you with my employer, or me.....you have a long wait ahead of you.
I might post my wedding photo one of these days. But then...how would you know it was actually me???
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2597 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I'm hurt. My first name is Anne. OMG! Someone will track me down!
It pays to be careful around here. There are a couple of nuts lurking in the background, including Walt, ex-lover of Lindsay Woodrum-Hoti

Location hidden

#2598 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Kosdick has 'called me out' on a few things, not many, and been proven wrong. But, an obviously unhappy and angry man, he's stuck on this "pants on fire" theme when it comes to me.
1. Yes, my cousin was a captain for American Airlines on 9-1-01 and his flight was diverted to Cinncinati and grounded like every other commercial and private flight that day.
2. Yes there are 'doubles' for some liquors. No, not for the wines made in obsure valleys in France.
3. No, viewship for O'Reilly in the 10 Pm to 11 PM slot is not a fair comparison to Jon Stewart and
what's his name in the same time period because the O'Reilly show has already aired at 8 PM to 9 PM.

So you and him come up with this twisted story that I said I run a fortune 500 company single handed. Yes, we're all quite certain that would be a plausible lie to put out there. Along with being the tooth fairy.

You come down on George because he's liked and respected and gives better than he gets.

Location hidden

#2599 Jan 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It pays to be careful around here. There are a couple of nuts lurking in the background, including Walt, ex-lover of Lindsay Woodrum-Hoti
Thank you, Bob. I am careful. It's my business to hold confidences. If you see me getting careless, I don't know these posters as well as you, rein me in...quickly.

Location hidden

#2600 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me these 'loud proclamations' of George as the 'smartest man on Topix' and the number of times, twisted sister. Twist everything to your liking, don't you?
Sorry if liking and respecting George and bowing to his wisdom on subjects that are not my strong suit offends you. He's not the only one I pose queries to.
Unlike you, I don't know everything, but I do know there are no stupid questions.
You're a self-proclaimed expert on everything. But what I do know, I know damn well.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2601 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>

Unlike you, I don't know everything, but I do know there are no stupid questions.
I don't know everything, either.

At the same time, there isn't much you can't figure out if you have a good grasp of logic and common sense. I consider myself pretty strong in that department. Not billionaire strong, but strong enough that I have better than average abilities in those areas in relation to most of my peers. And as lawyers, it is already a pretty elite peer group.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. It's best to work at what you're good at and delegate what you aren't good at.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2602 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bob. I am careful. It's my business to hold confidences. If you see me getting careless, I don't know these posters as well as you, rein me in...quickly.
In case you don't get the Lyndsay Woodrum-Hoti reference, that was the name of the teen (now adult) Walt once met online and then stalked.

Now Walt stalks his attorney on Topix (search: Gary Dicker). Walt was innocent, of course. Gary and the Sheriff of Scioto County railroaded him.

Walt repairs auto bodies. The theory around here is that he has inhaled too many solvents over the years.

Lyndsay's profile:

http://people.moreheadstate.edu/students/lrwo...
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2603 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>

Now if you idiots think I am going to reveal anything that can connect you with my employer, or me.....you have a long wait ahead of you.
If you know all the databases, and have the ability to put information together, 70% chance I can find you - especially in Ohio.

It's a little harder if someone has never owned property or is divorced.

One of my many jobs was once briefly being a skip tracer (to learn how it's done)... let's just say I'm a natural.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2604 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I did go through 6 assistants before I found my present one. None quit. She's great and going on her 13th year with us. I've been very blessed in many areas of my life, starting with my family.
One of the thing's I've always had problems with is delegating. The kind of work I do is just as easy to do myself than to write it out and have someone else do it .. I haven;t had an assistant in 5 years.

I'm thinking of hiring a college student to help me out as my gopher just because I always seem to get my projects up to the 90% level and then they sit. The stuff I don't want to do (and shouldn't have to do anyway) like put things in binders, mail it out, etc. never seems to get done and things pile up.

But it's hard delegating for a variety of reasons. One thing that drives me crazy is when people are sloppy about stapling things together and putting them in a file. I'm a little anal about stuff like that.
Pale Rider

AOL

#2605 Jan 19, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me these 'loud proclamations' of George as the 'smartest man on Topix' and the number of times, twisted sister. Twist everything to your liking, don't you?
Sorry if liking and respecting George and bowing to his wisdom on subjects that are not my strong suit offends you. He's not the only one I pose queries to.
You're a self-proclaimed expert on everything. But what I do know, I know damn well.
SL wrote:
But what I do know, I know damn well.

Now that is something to bank on, well said. A person can go to numerous towns, there is always the know it all, or they think they are so smart.

SL is a person that can be right on target, and says what is on her mind. Not afraid, and can't be intimidated.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2606 Jan 19, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation, please?

Location hidden

#2607 Jan 19, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
SL wrote:
But what I do know, I know damn well.
Now that is something to bank on, well said. A person can go to numerous towns, there is always the know it all, or they think they are so smart.
SL is a person that can be right on target, and says what is on her mind. Not afraid, and can't be intimidated.
OMG! I think I just fell for you, Rider!:-)

Location hidden

#2608 Jan 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know everything, either.
At the same time, there isn't much you can't figure out if you have a good grasp of logic and common sense. I consider myself pretty strong in that department. Not billionaire strong, but strong enough that I have better than average abilities in those areas in relation to most of my peers. And as lawyers, it is already a pretty elite peer group.
We all have our strengths and weaknesses. It's best to work at what you're good at and delegate what you aren't good at.
Spot on, Bob.'A good nose' is what one business associate said about me. I've gone past my boss, to his lawyers, on a few occasions about things, or people, that might put him in a bad position, and they have stepped in. That's my job. Although I always tell him I can protect him from everyone but himself, sometimes I can.

I like lawyers. Know quite a few, personally and professionally and we get on quite well.(Enough for me to get free legal advice :-) I don't find them, for the most part,'stuffy.' Of course there are some 'sidewinders' as I call them. They know where they stand with me pretty quickly, but everyone does.

My dad said 'surround yourself with good people and listen to them.' This, to me, is Obama's downfall on both scores.

Hmmm. Stick to what you're good at AND enjoy. Do you know what Gibran said about 'work.'

Location hidden

#2609 Jan 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you don't get the Lyndsay Woodrum-Hoti reference, that was the name of the teen (now adult) Walt once met online and then stalked.
Now Walt stalks his attorney on Topix (search: Gary Dicker). Walt was innocent, of course. Gary and the Sheriff of Scioto County railroaded him.
Walt repairs auto bodies. The theory around here is that he has inhaled too many solvents over the years.
Lyndsay's profile:
http://people.moreheadstate.edu/students/lrwo...
No, I didn't get the reference or know the story. Clicked on the link and they are lovely women and, by what Lyndsay wrote, just as lovely inside.

Location hidden

#2610 Jan 19, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the thing's I've always had problems with is delegating. The kind of work I do is just as easy to do myself than to write it out and have someone else do it .. I haven;t had an assistant in 5 years.
I'm thinking of hiring a college student to help me out as my gopher just because I always seem to get my projects up to the 90% level and then they sit. The stuff I don't want to do (and shouldn't have to do anyway) like put things in binders, mail it out, etc. never seems to get done and things pile up.
But it's hard delegating for a variety of reasons. One thing that drives me crazy is when people are sloppy about stapling things together and putting them in a file. I'm a little anal about stuff like that.
Do you have 'binders full of women?' LOL

Don't be hard on yourself. The right assistant will come along sooner or later. It has nothing to do with you being hard to work with. It's not anal to keep things done well at work. It's correct. Sooner or later, five years from now, you're going to get a call and you SHOULD be able to put the caller on hold and go grab the correct, complete file easily.

Once you have the right person, you'll be able to delegate easily. Just remember you have to keep them informed. I haven't found one that can read minds.

Our office mail goes in and out easily. You know what I do for my personal mail? I have this tiny, old, country post office located in the tiny, old country store. Never a line and the post lady is the sweetest thing in the world. I hope they never close that one. The PO itself is about 8' X 6'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 47 min Anonymous 997
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 50 min They cannot kill ... 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 56 min Male 4,567
benghazi! 57 min They cannot kill ... 14
Columbus earmarks $1 million to fight smelly water 1 hr They cannot kill ... 5
BizzyBee Catman Gokeefe et al 2 hr They cannot kill ... 96
impeachment 2 hr Duke for Mayor 61
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:50 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:50PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
Bleacher Report 2:53 PM
Did Gordon Ace His Return to the NFL?
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
'Good Andy' Beats Texans, Don't Count on Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Is Josh Gordon a WR1 for Week 13 and Fantasy Football Playoffs?