Comments
2,281 - 2,300 of 8,057 Comments Last updated Sunday
VADoc

United States

#2525 Jan 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please substantiate your claims about what Obama wants to do. My reading is that there is no new mandate, however once things (such as ajudication) are entered into the public record, he is working with various agencies to make certain that those who are responsible for background checks have access to that information. Ohio went through this not to long ago in terms of teacher licensing by ensuring that school districts, county and state agencies were all communicating information as needed to keep folks who are convicted of things like child abuse out of the classroom. Didn't create any new information, simply smoothed reporting.
As far as a professional having credible information that a patient/client intends to commit an illegal act (particularly murder), I believe that they have been for some time culpable if they do not make a report of some kind to authorities. This was brought up in Aurora where the killer sent his counselor a journal that outlined his plans. Had the counselor opened and seen this, and not involved authorities, I believe that they would have been in trouble of some kind.
I'm going to send you some Obama knee pads. I know for a fact with your posting history had GW Bush done this same thing then you'd be frothing at both ends about it screaming about privacy issues.

As usual though you spin things.

And oh yes blame the doctors, blame the guns, blame the NRA, but for fuck sake don't blame the individual or their parents.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2526 Jan 17, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no substantiation, because he LIES about what he really wants, same as most leftists lie about what they're really after. However, one of you DID slip up once and tell the truth....
http://www.ironicsurrealism.com/2012/12/31/di...
Ah, so basically you can make up whatever you want and claim that this is what Obama intends to do, right?

Actually--Doc generally does better than that, Tony, and that is who I was asking.
VADoc

United States

#2528 Jan 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually--Doc generally does better than that, Tony, and that is who I was asking.
Actually reader when I don't know something I either don't respond or say I don't know. You must be projecting again. You are the one who seems to have an opinion on everything and often talking about things you know little about. Then again that's what a know it all does.

Slow day at the office again?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2529 Jan 17, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually reader when I don't know something I either don't respond or say I don't know. You must be projecting again. You are the one who seems to have an opinion on everything and often talking about things you know little about. Then again that's what a know it all does.
I've wondered about this as well.

For all of your bitching about how you're one of the few govt employees who isn't getting paid to do nothing...you're not posting at the office, are you?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#2530 Jan 17, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so basically you can make up whatever you want and claim that this is what Obama intends to do, right?

I know leftist lies and the attacks on the Constitution as well as he does. Just letting you know that I know.
VADoc

United States

#2531 Jan 17, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I've wondered about this as well.
For all of your bitching about how you're one of the few govt employees who isn't getting paid to do nothing...you're not posting at the office, are you?
6:30 to 2:30 today. ;-) thanks for checking though.
VADoc

United States

#2532 Jan 17, 2013
Tomorrow is my 12 hour shift. I was supposed to be off today but covered for a coworker due her child getting the stomach flu.

Would you like to know my schedule for the rest of the week?

Location hidden

#2533 Jan 17, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't pay to give you a compliment, I see.

Location hidden

#2534 Jan 17, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to send you some Obama knee pads. I know for a fact with your posting history had GW Bush done this same thing then you'd be frothing at both ends about it screaming about privacy issues.
As usual though you spin things.
And oh yes blame the doctors, blame the guns, blame the NRA, but for fuck sake don't blame the individual or their parents.
The question is, what makes you believe that Obama has put in place some kind of mandate that requires docs to drill their patients on their gun ownership, or establishes any new forms of required reporting from the health care profession?

Have you seen this in writing somewhere?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#2535 Jan 17, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> And the patient has the option to tell the doctor nothing or be untruthful about his possessions.
I'm not sure about that, because I tried to decline a couple of questions at my last physical and was told they were required. Questions that had nothing to do with getting a physical, but had everything to do with data collection. I'm not comfortable being forced to reveal information that I feel is nobody's business but mine, and wouldn't in any way affect the outcome of a physical. I can't imagine what would happen if someone mistook what you said and flagged you as dangerous. I agree with those who have said slippery slope on this one.

Location hidden

#2536 Jan 18, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about that, because I tried to decline a couple of questions at my last physical and was told they were required. Questions that had nothing to do with getting a physical, but had everything to do with data collection. I'm not comfortable being forced to reveal information that I feel is nobody's business but mine, and wouldn't in any way affect the outcome of a physical. I can't imagine what would happen if someone mistook what you said and flagged you as dangerous. I agree with those who have said slippery slope on this one.
What were the questions?

And did you inquire as to who was requiring them?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2538 Jan 18, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on, Doc. Reader knows everything and twists everything anyone else says.

Slowing down a little for me because Britian and France are now closed for the weekend. But they woke me up EARLY this AM and I need a nap. Which after closing the blinds, I am going to take right here on my office couch.:-) TGIF

PS: called for propane yesterday and eguy who owns the company got on the phone, he's a friend, his 2 1/2 month old granddaughter died last week of the flu. First ful death in this state. She was a twin and the other baby is fine. BE SAFE

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#2539 Jan 18, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on, Doc. Reader knows everything and twists everything anyone else says.
Slowing down a little for me because Britian and France are now closed for the weekend. But they woke me up EARLY this AM and I need a nap. Which after closing the blinds, I am going to take right here on my office couch.:-) TGIF
PS: called for propane yesterday and eguy who owns the company got on the phone, he's a friend, his 2 1/2 month old granddaughter died last week of the flu. First ful death in this state. She was a twin and the other baby is fine. BE SAFE
...you mean just France, maybe?

Most of the working world here in the UK failed to open today or closed office at lunchtime, due to the snow. When the trains don't run, we don't go to work...

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#2540 Jan 18, 2013
Having just popped an email to a friend in Paris, it seems that most everything over there was closed today as well, seeing as they were snowed in by the same front!

I didn't think it was likely that they would go to work and we stay home, the workshy wine sniffers!

Strange, really, that either countries would have had you up early on days that offices are closed.
Pale Rider

AOL

#2541 Jan 18, 2013
Will the Democratic Party look into the NRA membership, and propose a complete ban on clips that hold 30-100 cartridges.

Then ask all of those that belong to the NRA, to turn in a list of guns they own. After that ask everyone that carry a concealed weapon, to turn them in. Making it unlawful to carry any weapon concealed.

After this has been completed, make it unlawful to own any military type rifle. Sell your guns now while they are valuable, before the government takes them for free.

Anyone that doesn't follow the law, will lose their right to own any gun, including a 177 caliber.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2542 Jan 18, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Will the Democratic Party look into the NRA membership, and propose a complete ban on clips that hold 30-100 cartridges.
Then ask all of those that belong to the NRA, to turn in a list of guns they own. After that ask everyone that carry a concealed weapon, to turn them in. Making it unlawful to carry any weapon concealed.
After this has been completed, make it unlawful to own any military type rifle. Sell your guns now while they are valuable, before the government takes them for free.
Anyone that doesn't follow the law, will lose their right to own any gun, including a 177 caliber.
You mean like this guy, who is an NRA Life Member?

Washington, DC – Nevada Senator Harry Reid today joined NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, Nevada’s congressional delegation, state and local leaders tomorrow for the grand opening of the Clark County Shooting Park.

“I am so pleased that Wayne LaPierre is with us today. We have stood together in so many battles over the years.

“Just a few years ago we worked to protect our gun manufacturers from junk lawsuits. And as a result of that legislation, America’s gun companies are still America’s gun companies. That good law protected thousands of good jobs.

“Wayne and I also stood together to defeat the so-called Assault Weapons Ban. I voted against the ban when it was first proposed, I voted against it when folks tried to renew it, and I will continue to oppose it.

“As you can imagine, my Democratic colleagues are not always thrilled with my votes on gun issues, but I tell them this: Guns aren’t a political issue for me.

“Guns are something I grew up with. Guns are part of what it means to live in the West. We hunt, we shoot and we do it responsibly. It’s who we are."
http://www.reid.senate.gov/newsroom/pr_100327...
VADoc

Duluth, GA

#2543 Jan 18, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Keep trolling little fella. I would love to see you say this to a veteran. They'd probably backhand you before you got the first 2 sentences out.

I know you hate that citizens have guns. Sorry it's not going to change. If you want that type of society then move to Asia. I know of a few countries where even owning a bullet is a life sentence in prison because it implies the ownership of a gun. You'd love Singapore.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2544 Jan 18, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Having just popped an email to a friend in Paris, it seems that most everything over there was closed today as well, seeing as they were snowed in by the same front!
I didn't think it was likely that they would go to work and we stay home, the workshy wine sniffers!
Strange, really, that either countries would have had you up early on days that offices are closed.
And how do you know her offices weren't outside of the Paris metro area? It was 57°F in Biarritz today.

“Meh.”

Location hidden

#2545 Jan 18, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>And how do you know her offices weren't outside of the Paris metro area? It was 57°F in Biarritz today.
Hrm, that's unlikely but possible. And hey, maybe the UK offices are in Exeter or Portsmouth.

Or she's a sad old lady who makes up transparent stories without doing basic research first.

But I bet it's that the offices are in warm spots on the map!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2546 Jan 18, 2013
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Duke for President 30,584
Obama Caught Funding ISIS 3 hr Gotcha 3
Obama Slips - Calls Wife MICHAEL 3 hr Kating 36
WHY does ISIS Love Obama So Much?? DOHHhhhhhhhhh 3 hr Kating 4
Coming Soon... 5 hr Big Johnson 2
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... 5 hr Big Johnson 15
Duke has Won, Paco has Lost 6 hr -The-Artist- 4
Where are all the original legacy posters? 6 hr E-Bob 151
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 8 hr Run for the hills 2,301
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Franklin County was issued at September 02 at 2:42AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE