Gun Control Under Obama

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#2302 Jan 15, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you want to think about the govt being shut down, or has Obama's childish threats made you feel positive it is not going to happen.
at least 5 TV appearances from Obama trying to blame republicans for Obama's spending problem.
fix......take away the checkbook; and tear up credit card.
Funny, given the Hypocrite-In-Chief's own words when the debt was about half what it is now...

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies.... Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here'. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - Senator Barack Obama, March 16, 2006.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2303 Jan 15, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug associated is a far cry from battles over drug turf which is what your original post said.
Uh, wouldn't a battle over drug turf be 'drug related?' Not that much of a jump, unless you're an idiot.

Location hidden

#2304 Jan 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, Dave.
She might just be using you to make George jealous!
:)
Na, Dave's the real deal. And Georgie has a wonderful wife and I have a wonderful husband. You should try it, Reader.

Location hidden

#2305 Jan 15, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely the opposite of labeling Ann Romney the "c" word.
Oh, Tip. You know republican, conservative or independent women that can't be 'herded' is open game for any insult. Chris Matthews will verify that. I saw his show once.

Planet Earth

#2306 Jan 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he said in some circumstances--not across the board.
BTW--a high school diploma has also been ruled a property right.
Not until you've earned it.

Planet Earth

#2307 Jan 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So--you are not really concerned with Constitutionality--unless it suits your purpose.
Again--calls into question all the rhetoric about the "law-abiding gun owners."
It will also prove positively that further restricting gun ownership will increase gun related crime.

Planet Earth

#2308 Jan 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The debt ceiling relates to paying the already existing financial obligations.
Wrong. It is for current and future spending. Discretionary and non. until discretionary spending is at ZERO, there should be no talk of raising the debt limit.

Planet Earth

#2309 Jan 15, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tony.
A couple of facts: In the state of Ohio (and in many others, I suspect, by statute, an unmarried woman is the legal custodian of her child(ren) from the moment of birth until and unless a court of competent jurisdiction issues an order to the contrary. Paternal rights, including the right of visitation in such circumstances must be asserted in court. Paternity may be established by several methods, but paternal parental rights themselves must be asserted and validated in court.
When children are born to a married woman, there is a rebuttable presumption that the husband is the father, but this presumption may potentially be rebutted in court, primarily through genetic testing.
The fact that only 1 in six custodians is male (divorced or not)is not merely the result of a judicial process or system that is tilted in favor of women, although I would agree that such a bias does indeed exist, and its much more prevalent in DR division courts than in juvenile division courts.
I would suspect that the more substantive cause of that result is the blunt reality that a relatively large percentage of male parents simply choose to impose the bulk of the burdens of child rearing on the mothers of their children.
I'm certainly not saying all, just a lot. And I'm a single parent with sole custody of a child born out of wedlock, who has personal and professional experience in custodial issues in both divisions of the courts.
woof
I am aware of the law. Ironic though, that the state will cover the legal costs of the unmarried mother getting child support from the father, but he has to pay the legal costs to get (visitation/shared parenting/custody), even if he's already paying child support. It COULDN'T be because they are getting a cut of what they collect.[/sarc]

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#2310 Jan 15, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>Na, Dave's the real deal. And Georgie has a wonderful wife and I have a wonderful husband. You should try it, Reader.
Rock it girl!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#2312 Jan 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he said in some circumstances--not across the board.
BTW--a high school diploma has also been ruled a property right.
a diploma is property

it was earned; and property of person.

A job is also earned and also kept that way; but until you buy stock in company you own nothing.

your comparison is apples to goldfish.

A diploma is not a right till you earn the right to say I graduated.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2313 Jan 15, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It will also prove positively that further restricting gun ownership will increase gun related crime.
It's completely true. After the gun bans in Aus and in the UK gun crime skyro...wait, no.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2315 Jan 15, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
It's completely true. After the gun bans in Aus and in the UK gun crime skyro...wait, no.
Go ahead and cry you BS about The Mail...Americans don't care about your bias:

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12231...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Roscoe Lee Browne

Delaware, OH

#2317 Jan 15, 2013
I got a weapon between my legs for you Archie Bunker.

Hilliard, OH

#2318 Jan 15, 2013
Roscoe Lee Browne wrote:
I got a weapon between my legs for you Archie Bunker.
You're one of "them," huh? That figures.

Planet Earth

#2319 Jan 15, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who refuse to turn in their guns would be guilty of a gun crime, no?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#2320 Jan 15, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of the law. Ironic though, that the state will cover the legal costs of the unmarried mother getting child support from the father, but he has to pay the legal costs to get (visitation/shared parenting/custody), even if he's already paying child support. It COULDN'T be because they are getting a cut of what they collect.[/sarc]
You're wrong Tony.

Child support is for the kids, not a parent.

Its very easy to file a petition for custody/visitation in Juvenile Court, and the 2% poundage fee doesn't even come close to covering the real costs of administrating support orders.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2321 Jan 15, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't realize it when you wrote it, but THAT is an admission...
Of what?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2322 Jan 15, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, wouldn't a battle over drug turf be 'drug related?' Not that much of a jump, unless you're an idiot.
Try it the other way around. Is a guy who robs someone because he is high or is trying to get money to buy drugs battling over "drug turf?" Maybe you are the idiot.
Robert

Lees Summit, MO

#2323 Jan 15, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Do you oppose how far can the President Obama can go with an executive order on gun control?
Or do you favor using executive order, if the Congress doesn't pass gun control, that the majority of Americans want for America.
Let's hear from YOU!
If we allow him to make laws by executive order then congress might as well go home. Their would be no end to what he would enact bypassing congress. Guns, wealth distribution, new taxes on anyone making say 50k or more. Amnesty for all. Couldn't he then just write a law making the Supreme Court totally irreverent? Take away term limits, make himself supreme leader.

Hilliard, OH

#2324 Jan 15, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong Tony.
Child support is for the kids, not a parent.
That looks great on paper. As I'm sure you've seen, it doesn't always work that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton coming to Columbus 46 min dpx55 2
All our law makers have to concern them? 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 9
Cops are people too 2 hr They cannot kill ... 15
News Sherrod Brown wants federal funding for Columbu... 3 hr ICE 2
News Columbus schools to pay more for police officers 3 hr barry o baby 1
News Dead man 'wasn't no robber,' family says 3 hr community organizer 2
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 3 hr Seriouslady 86
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages