Tomorrow is day 1 Reader.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#44 Feb 6, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
The biggest problem I had was when I drink hard liqure.I'm little and it messes me up bad.When my freind took me shopping today,She said that even if I dont stop completely,Just stick with beer and nothing else.I just have to give this some thought and dry out for a while.
Do me a favor. Go find a doctor who knows about the stuff I gave you and see what he says. Someone at the Cleveland Clinic has to know about this stuff and can point you in the right direction.

From what I've read, it sounds like alcoholics' brains are wired to crave alcohol like you crave food when you're hungry. If that's the case, no amount of AA or abstaining is going to help you. I think you need drugs.

Think about it. If you went to Food Anonymous, would it stop you from being hungry and could you abstain from food?

I'm no expert on this stuff, just God gave me the ability to put two and two together.

That's why you should look into this method. I think you might have better success.

Keep doing AA. That is also important. Just don't beat yourself up because you're "hungry" all the time.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#45 Feb 6, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. When I eat pizza, Mexican at a restaurant, or popcorn, I have a slight craving for generic American beer, but usually I will drink pop, ice tea, or water with those. They're just foods that seem to taste the best with beer, but that's just me I guess.
Other than that I have no experience with alcohol craving, so I'm not offering any advice. A six pack of beer lasts me well over a month, and a fifth of Scotch 6-8 months. I no longer drink any wine, and I rarely drink when out.
Wishing you the best, Dave.
The other issue I had is that I drank on an empty stomach,and that is a big no,no.I know that deep down I really dont want to stop completely,but I sure cant have a repeat of yesterday.I felt like the walking dead today because of that stupid tequila.I sure appreciate you peoples support though.I didn't think that would happen.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#46 Feb 6, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. When I eat pizza, Mexican at a restaurant, or popcorn, I have a slight craving for generic American beer, but usually I will drink pop, ice tea, or water with those. They're just foods that seem to taste the best with beer, but that's just me I guess.
Other than that I have no experience with alcohol craving, so I'm not offering any advice. A six pack of beer lasts me well over a month, and a fifth of Scotch 6-8 months. I no longer drink any wine, and I rarely drink when out.
Wishing you the best, Dave.
I guess beer would make sense, I don't drink beer or wine so it did not occur to me that both would go good with some foods.

If I am eating pizza, it would be cola with it or just water.....
Most of the time water.......

Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#47 Feb 6, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge, God is an independent, devoid of any political interest.
Lefties don't believe in God, so I assumed she would be praying to some new age deity like the energy waves emanating from a crystal.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#48 Feb 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Do me a favor. Go find a doctor who knows about the stuff I gave you and see what he says. Someone at the Cleveland Clinic has to know about this stuff and can point you in the right direction.
From what I've read, it sounds like alcoholics' brains are wired to crave alcohol like you crave food when you're hungry. If that's the case, no amount of AA or abstaining is going to help you. I think you need drugs.
Think about it. If you went to Food Anonymous, would it stop you from being hungry and could you abstain from food?
I'm no expert on this stuff, just God gave me the ability to put two and two together.
That's why you should look into this method. I think you might have better success.
Keep doing AA. That is also important. Just don't beat yourself up because you're "hungry" all the time.
I was in AA for 13 years at one time and the thing that messed my up was listening to those people talk about drinking all the time.Christ,it made want a beer.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#50 Feb 6, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess beer would make sense, I don't drink beer or wine so it did not occur to me that both would go good with some foods.
If I am eating pizza, it would be cola with it or just water.....
Most of the time water.......
I was able to function ok when I stuck to light beer.But I dont have anything right now and thats good.The woman that took me shopping today was shocked when I came out of the store with a bunch of pop.That was a smart move on my part.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#51 Feb 6, 2013
My typing sucks today,but you guys get the point.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#52 Feb 6, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I was able to function ok when I stuck to light beer.But I dont have anything right now and thats good.The woman that took me shopping today was shocked when I came out of the store with a bunch of pop.That was a smart move on my part.
Check out the sugar article.....apparently there is a commonality
between your body saying...I want sugar...and give me whiskey.....
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#53 Feb 6, 2013
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the sugar article.....apparently there is a commonality
between your body saying...I want sugar...and give me whiskey.....
Well sugars are basically what ferments into alcohol and when you have hunger pangs, that's your body craving sugar again. Makes sense to me.

Since: Oct 10

AOL

#54 Feb 6, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I was in AA for 13 years at one time and the thing that messed my up was listening to those people talk about drinking all the time.Christ,it made want a beer.
LOL Yeah, that would do it for me too. Like now I want pizza because bb mentioned it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#55 Feb 6, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Yeah, that would do it for me too. Like now I want pizza because bb mentioned it.
Pizza in my opinion is physically addictive........

My doggies and my cat would agree.........

Since: Oct 10

AOL

#56 Feb 6, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
The biggest problem I had was when I drink hard liqure.I'm little and it messes me up bad.When my freind took me shopping today,She said that even if I dont stop completely,Just stick with beer and nothing else.I just have to give this some thought and dry out for a while.
She's absolutely right. Stay away from all liquor.

If you get weak, grab a six pack, screw the hard liquor, Many, many people cannot tolerate it.

But there really isn't anything out there stronger than your own will. I think boredom might have a lot to do with it.

When we're tired of hearing you 'gush', we'll let you know. You can count on that. Meanwhile, you've got a lot of our ears.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#57 Feb 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lefties don't believe in God, so I assumed she would be praying to some new age deity like the energy waves emanating from a crystal.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#58 Feb 6, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
She's absolutely right. Stay away from all liquor.
If you get weak, grab a six pack, screw the hard liquor, Many, many people cannot tolerate it.
But there really isn't anything out there stronger than your own will. I think boredom might have a lot to do with it.
When we're tired of hearing you 'gush', we'll let you know. You can count on that. Meanwhile, you've got a lot of our ears.
Good thing I start work again in April.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#59 Feb 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Lefties don't believe in God, so I assumed she would be praying to some new age deity like the energy waves emanating from a crystal.
Not all liberals are atheists. I am, but I'm pretty sure Reader is a regular churchgoer, based on past posts.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60 Feb 6, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all liberals are atheists. I am, but I'm pretty sure Reader is a regular churchgoer, based on past posts.
...a regular churchgoer, whose god is a lesbian. LOL.

Dave, what you need is some Cheerwine.
But tell us, what kinda pop did you buy?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#61 Feb 6, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all liberals are atheists. I am, but I'm pretty sure Reader is a regular churchgoer, based on past posts.
That doesn't mean we can't poke fun at her.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#62 Feb 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
...a regular churchgoer, whose god is a lesbian. LOL.
Dave, what you need is some Cheerwine.
But tell us, what kinda pop did you buy?
Pepsi.No wine here,buddy.That crap doesn't agree with me Either.I should have bought ginger ale.Now I cant sit still.But this is still better than being drunk and making a fool out of myself on here.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#63 Feb 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article I gave you about the Sinclair Method? It makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Why keep beating yourself up about the way you're wired when there might be a better way. If I read this correctly, the article says they have 78% success rate, which sounds far higher than the rest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Method
AA is also valuable to keep you accountable, but fighting your genes is a losing battle.
Interesting article. Doesn't sound like it is too widely available in the US. But there is an AA group just about anywhere you go.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#64 Feb 6, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Pepsi.No wine here,buddy.That crap doesn't agree with me Either.I should have bought ginger ale.Now I cant sit still.But this is still better than being drunk and making a fool out of myself on here.
Cheerwine is a southern brand of sweet cherry coke.
You can find it up here sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 2 hr Billie Jean 97
FIND LINDA and PAMMY! 4 hr Linda 13
Republicans are Fun 4 hr WhackoBird 110
Poll Is Barack Obama a Muslim? 71% Say Yes (May '14) 4 hr Linda 379
Fake Duke 4 hr Linda 4
News Prosecutors: Illegal Immigrant Minors Forced To... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 5
VIRAL VIDEO: Watch homeless piano man 5 hr Zoe Regen 7
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages