Comments
21 - 40 of 92 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2013

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#23 Feb 28, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've built about everywhere, but my personal favorites would be far west or further north of Columbus. I like West Jeff and surrounding, Shawnee Hills area, Jerome and Pataskala if east is involved. As for inside 270...Dublin Rd.(from Marble Cliff-Tuttle Rd. area). <<<**Sentence fragment for the Tramp in position**
Anyhow, That's all i can add.
Pataskala is the next Hilliard/Pickerington.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#25 Feb 28, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Pataskala is the next Hilliard/Pickerington.
Could be. Most areas i'd prefer would be country, but not too country. I've about had it with city living. As you're saying "next"....To me, means there's building which needs done, and why not live close to potential work? I'm tired of traffic jams, 4-n's and crime.
I project Grove City, Hilliard, Galloway, Pickerington, Gahanna and Reynoldsburg will follow each others downfall in the near future(10-15 years). Not going to a ghetto, but way worse than it is...IMO
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#26 Feb 28, 2013
On another note, They sink so much money into ghetto work(all the leeching, police time, BS schooling, security, foreigns, etc.), with little kicking in the kitty, that it's the most expensive place the Governments ever rented without a deposit to show for. I might of put that all wrong, but it's late and you should get the picture.
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#27 Mar 1, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
- UA, Marble Cliff, New Albany, Bexley, Jefferson Twp.(Blacklick north of the railroad tracks) and "maybe" Dublin if you're on the higher end. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of Powell, but parts of it would still be in the top tier.
o Worthington, Riverlea and Granville probably belong somewhere between the first tier and the next tier.
o Columbus has a few streets near Wolfe Park that definitely go here
- The next tier I think would be your Westerville, Gahanna, Hilliard, Worthington, and maybe Pickerington and Lewis Center (but only because Lewis Center is new).
o Grandview is going to be the tweener here. Probably some of the nicer Columbus neighborhoods (Clintonville, Eastmoor, Berwick, Far East) go here as well.
- the next tier would probably be Reynoldsburg, Canal Winchester, Grove City, Minerva Park, Pataskala, Galloway, Groveport (but only south of 33), and Jefferson Twp. south of the railroad tracks.(This is my stomping ground)
- Obetz, Harrisburg, Brice, Valleyview, San Margharita, Franklin Twp., Madison Twp.(north of 33) are on the bottom rung of the burbs.
Did I miss anybody?
Where's Wolfe Park? Clintonville if they want a older neighborhood feel. German Village is a crap shoot it goes from $300K to a crack house within a block.
you the gip

Delaware, OH

#28 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>Pataskala is the next Hilliard/Pickerington.
GAWD, I sure hope you're moving there!

Hilliard, OH

#29 Mar 1, 2013
you the gip wrote:
<quoted text>
GAWD, I sure hope you're moving there!
Since you couldn't afford to live in Hilliard, I see no reason for your concern, LIG.
you the gip

Delaware, OH

#30 Mar 1, 2013
<quoted text>Since you couldn't afford to live in Hilliard, I see no reason for your concern, LIG.
Who is that (lig)?

Hilliard, OH

#31 Mar 1, 2013
you the gip wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is that (lig)?
That's you, troll.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#32 Mar 1, 2013
Real Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's Wolfe Park? Clintonville if they want a older neighborhood feel. German Village is a crap shoot it goes from $300K to a crack house within a block.
Wolfe Park is at Broad and Nelson. There is a subdivision overlooking the park that offers Bexley style mansions but is in Columbus.

There are a few more enclaves like this within Columbus.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#33 Mar 1, 2013
Real Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#34 Mar 2, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Wolfe Park is at Broad and Nelson. There is a subdivision overlooking the park that offers Bexley style mansions but is in Columbus.
There are a few more enclaves like this within Columbus.
There're too many black and poor white teens there I feel uncomfortable at that east side downtown neighborhood. Although at some point (70's) that area near Bryden Rd and Franklin Park were prestigious area many company CEOs lived there.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#35 Mar 2, 2013
Leon Benbo wrote:
Deys some good hoes in C-town doh. Got me 2 baby-mommas doin da stroll-check em out
Aw man, my sides are hurting from laughing at this post! A image of the person who would sound that way reminds me of the movie Soul Man, when the white dude was dressed in black face. At dinner in his white girlfriend's parents home, the dad was staring at him and daydreaming the dude in black face was a pimp and his daughter sitting there pregnant. Hilarious!!

Columbus, OH

#36 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>If you want the better part of Hilliard, either stay east of 270 (it's like an extension of UA) or north and west of Old Hilliard (Cemetery Rd and Main St.)
Nay, there's plenty of nice condos close to Rome Hilliard Rd. that's just fine with plenty of shopping and virtually no crime. Good schools also in the 2332 zip area.

Columbus, OH

#37 Mar 2, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've built about everywhere, but my personal favorites would be far west or further north of Columbus. I like West Jeff and surrounding, Shawnee Hills area, Jerome and Pataskala if east is involved. As for inside 270...Dublin Rd.(from Marble Cliff-Tuttle Rd. area). <<<**Sentence fragment for the Tramp in position**
Anyhow, That's all i can add.
West Jeff? Might as well go to London, not much difference. Pataskala is good if you don't want to see any faces darker than a tan:-) That will change in time though Pickerington is changing yearly, Blacklick is about 1/3, so it won't be long.

Columbus, OH

#38 Mar 2, 2013
Real Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
There're too many black and poor white teens there I feel uncomfortable at that east side downtown neighborhood. Although at some point (70's) that area near Bryden Rd and Franklin Park were prestigious area many company CEOs lived there.
Blacks and poor people make you feel uncomfortable? How about poor people in general, because they will rob or assault faster due to being broke, huh?

Hilliard, OH

#39 Mar 2, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Nay, there's plenty of nice condos close to Rome Hilliard Rd. that's just fine with plenty of shopping and virtually no crime. Good schools also in the 2332 zip area.
That's Columbus where the condos are. All of Hilliard Rome Rd. is Columbus except for a 1/2 mile stretch north of Roberts. It turns into Main St up by Tinapple.

United States

#40 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>That's Columbus where the condos are. All of Hilliard Rome Rd. is Columbus except for a 1/2 mile stretch north of Roberts. It turns into Main St up by Tinapple.
Better than Columbus proper though!
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#41 Mar 2, 2013
Real Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Comfort level depends on what you're used to, your background and your budget. If you live in a majority East Side neighborhoods, they are just fine. Coming from Powell, it might be scary, but Far East Columbus near Reynoldsburg would surprise most people as would Berwick and Eastmoor. You would also be surprised at the high quality stuff you see along McNaughten Road. Not Dublin level, but easily comparable to the Columbus parts of the New Albany area, which are also nice.

Lots of white people live in these areas and take advantage of the cheap taxes, and send their kids to Catholic or Christian schools. This phenomenon is not limited to Columbus, by the way.

I'm guessing the OP was white, but if you are black, the black gentry tends to live in Berwick or along Sunbury Road. Not that black professionals don't live in the burbs.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#42 Mar 2, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> West Jeff? Might as well go to London, not much difference. Pataskala is good if you don't want to see any faces darker than a tan:-) That will change in time though Pickerington is changing yearly, Blacklick is about 1/3, so it won't be long.
Pickerington has enough homes on the higher end to keep out the riff-raff, so the blacks you get there tend to be people like you? The apartments are a mixed bag, however. The older an apartment complex gets, the seedier the people tend to be.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#43 Mar 2, 2013
^^^ and Blacklick south of the railroad tracks does indeed have the potential to be a mess 30 years from now. These are the Columbus parts of Blacklick. North of the railroad tracks, however, it's mostly higher end home including some of the highest high-end homes in the city. That part will always be okay because the riff raff can't afford to live on a 2 acre lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Anonymous of Indy 30,506
Why do racists hate Obama so much ? 30 min Hoodies Skittles ... 7
RIP Joan Rivers 36 min Hoodies Skittles ... 17
Racist 1 hr Duke for Mayor 3
Big Johnson 1 hr MamaJohnson 2
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 15
welfare nation 1 hr Duke for Mayor 16
Where are all the original legacy posters? 2 hr Catman Dave 108
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Tofte 2,291
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs