Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Yes me and my wife is planing to moving to Columbus ( Grove City Area) around 2015. Im originally from Columbus but was real little when i lived there. But to my point how is the cost of living up there and the crime any areas i should avoid looking for a house and areas i should look. which areas is the best is what im looking for. Any information will be appreciated.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jlhall3 wrote:
Yes me and my wife is planing to moving to Columbus ( Grove City Area) around 2015. Im originally from Columbus but was real little when i lived there. But to my point how is the cost of living up there and the crime any areas i should avoid looking for a house and areas i should look. which areas is the best is what im looking for. Any information will be appreciated.
Grove City will be perfect for you.
Oliver Canterberry

New Albany, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jlhall3 wrote:
Avoid Columbus, sky high property taxes, poorly run ghetto schools and extremely high water bills.
bosco

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

There is nothing to do in columbus. Boorring!
Reality speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Move to Buckeye Lake so you can fish and ski.

party too!

less traffic; and downtown is 25 minutes away.
Reality speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

lake choctaw is west, buckeye lake east. 25 minutes to downtown from either.

Choctaw is private. Better fishing.

Fyi.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

All of these guys have good points, but I need to know more about you:

-what do you do for a living?
-how much do you make (a range is okay)
-how much house can you afford?
-do you have kids?
-private or public schools?(Catholic?)
-are you artsy looking for something with character or do you like the burbs
-how old are you?
-college educated or working stiff
-one or two incomes

Generally, anything south of I-70 sucks if you need good schools, except for Pickerington. Most of the burbs north of I-70 have good schools, translating to good resale value.

Even the City of Columbus has very good schools north of I-670 and West of Ohio 315. But then again, they fudged the numbers.

City of Columbus is also good if you send your kids to Catholic schools since you don't have to pay high taxes of the burbs.

If schools aren't an issue, then there is a wide range of suitable places to live.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Reality speaks wrote:
Fyi.
I know someone who lives in there. It is really nice.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Reality speaks wrote:
Fyi.
BTW, Lake Choctaw has quite a few homes for sell. I don't know the price range(maybe $200s and up), but as you mentioned the fishing is great and the boating is relaxing.

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Grove City will be perfect for you.
see grove city and hillard is where we were thinking

thank you
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Jlhall3 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you
More details please (see above).

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jlhall3 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you
Johnson was being sarcastic. Grove City is called "Grovetucky" here, and it's not a term of endearment.
Leon Benbo

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Deys some good hoes in C-town doh. Got me 2 baby-mommas doin da stroll-check em out
Real Tea Party

Galloway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Jlhall3 wrote:
New Albany, Upper Arlington or Powell if you can afford it. Anywhere else is just less than ideal.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, Lake Choctaw has quite a few homes for sell. I don't know the price range(maybe $200s and up), but as you mentioned the fishing is great and the boating is relaxing.
i lived there on the lake. 2 years.

200's won't buy lakefront.

It is nice.

Just to far away from anything.

I was lucky; and flipped prior to the bubble burst. Made fair return for the rehab.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Real Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
New Albany, Upper Arlington or Powell if you can afford it. Anywhere else is just less than ideal.
lewis Center was rated above all you presented in 2012. it also is more expensive.

It also has terrible traffic, I lived there 10 years.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Real Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
- UA, Marble Cliff, New Albany, Bexley, Jefferson Twp.(Blacklick north of the railroad tracks) and "maybe" Dublin if you're on the higher end. I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of Powell, but parts of it would still be in the top tier.

o Worthington, Riverlea and Granville probably belong somewhere between the first tier and the next tier.

o Columbus has a few streets near Wolfe Park that definitely go here

- The next tier I think would be your Westerville, Gahanna, Hilliard, Worthington, and maybe Pickerington and Lewis Center (but only because Lewis Center is new).

o Grandview is going to be the tweener here. Probably some of the nicer Columbus neighborhoods (Clintonville, Eastmoor, Berwick, Far East) go here as well.

- the next tier would probably be Reynoldsburg, Canal Winchester, Grove City, Minerva Park, Pataskala, Galloway, Groveport (but only south of 33), and Jefferson Twp. south of the railroad tracks.(This is my stomping ground)

- Obetz, Harrisburg, Brice, Valleyview, San Margharita, Franklin Twp., Madison Twp.(north of 33) are on the bottom rung of the burbs.

Did I miss anybody?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Hilliard, Westerville and Reynoldsburg are a mixed bag.

Lots on the high end in Hilliard and Westerville. Lots of modest stuff. Lots of crap.

Reynoldsburg doesn't have as much high end, but has lots of modest stuff and also has lots of older 60's crap. Huber Homes built both Westerville and Reynoldsburg in the 1960's.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Lots on the high end in Hilliard and Westerville. Lots of modest stuff. Lots of crap.
Reynoldsburg doesn't have as much high end, but has lots of modest stuff and also has lots of older 60's crap. Huber Homes built both Westerville and Reynoldsburg in the 1960's.
If you want the better part of Hilliard, either stay east of 270 (it's like an extension of UA) or north and west of Old Hilliard (Cemetery Rd and Main St.)
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
I've built about everywhere, but my personal favorites would be far west or further north of Columbus. I like West Jeff and surrounding, Shawnee Hills area, Jerome and Pataskala if east is involved. As for inside 270...Dublin Rd.(from Marble Cliff-Tuttle Rd. area). <<<**Sentence fragment for the Tramp in position**
Anyhow, That's all i can add.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••