Obama seen as threat to Constitution

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Male

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 16, 2014
A prominent law professor and avowed supporter of the Obama White House will tell the House on Wednesday that the president has created one of the biggest constitutional crises in the country’s history and will endorse House Republicans’ effort to sue to rein him in.

Jonathan Turley, a professor at George Washington University, will say President Obama is trampling the founders’ vision for the country in his push to circumvent Congress, and he will demand Republicans and Democrats alike forget their party labels to unify against this White House’s power grab.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/...
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#2 Jul 18, 2014
Male wrote:
A prominent law professor and avowed supporter of the Obama White House will tell the House on Wednesday that the president has created one of the biggest constitutional crises in the country’s history and will endorse House Republicans’ effort to sue to rein him in.
Jonathan Turley, a professor at George Washington University, will say President Obama is trampling the founders’ vision for the country in his push to circumvent Congress, and he will demand Republicans and Democrats alike forget their party labels to unify against this White House’s power grab.
The media will just call him a racist
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2014
Male wrote:
No, that's not what he will say. He said the same thing when W. was president, so he won't (didn't) say that Obama created the "crisis."
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#4 Jul 18, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what he will say. He said the same thing when W. was president, so he won't (didn't) say that Obama created the "crisis."
what has he done to try and fix it? http://thatsmycongress.com/index.php/2010/02/...
Hint: NOTHING!
Male

Hilliard, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2014
<quoted text>
“Our system is changing in a dangerous and destabilizing way. We are seeing the emergence of a different model of government in our country – a model long ago rejected by the Framers [of the US Constitution]," Prof. Turley said.

“When a president can govern alone, he can become a government unto himself, which is precisely the danger the Framers sought to avoid in the establishment of our tripartite system of government,” stated Turley.

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140716/190976107/Law...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#6 Jul 19, 2014
Male wrote:
<quoted text>
“Our system is changing in a dangerous and destabilizing way. We are seeing the emergence of a different model of government in our country – a model long ago rejected by the Framers [of the US Constitution]," Prof. Turley said.
“When a president can govern alone, he can become a government unto himself, which is precisely the danger the Framers sought to avoid in the establishment of our tripartite system of government,” stated Turley.
http://en.ria.ru/world/20140716/190976107/Law...
Ok. But my point is that Prof. Turley doesn't believe his concerns are unique to President Obama like you would like to make it seem.

It has a patina of politics that is hard to penetrate,” Turley explained.“It did not start with President Obama — I was critical of his predecessor, and certainly this goes back long before George Bush. But it has reached a tipping point.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/16/jonathan-tu...

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Ok. But my point is that Prof. Turley doesn't believe his concerns are unique to President Obama like you would like to make it seem.
It has a patina of politics that is hard to penetrate,” Turley explained.“It did not start with President Obama — I was critical of his predecessor, and certainly this goes back long before George Bush. But it has reached a tipping point.”
Your "Billy did it first" argument is as tiresome as it is juvenile.......

Frankly I have no idea why you libatards hate Bush....for all intents and purposes he was a Democrat. He was certainly pro amnesty and big Govt.
No true conservative is a fan of Bush.

Back to the topic.....obama MUST be impeached. A lawsuit is BS.
Obama has clearly committed many impeachable offences....

The good news is that he will be castrated in November by an awakened electorate.

carry on then.......

They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#8 Jul 19, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly I have no idea why you libatards hate Bush....for all intents and purposes he was a Democrat. He was certainly pro amnesty and big Govt.
The good news is that he will be castrated in November by an awakened electorate.
carry on then.......
Impeachment doesn't go far enough. What he did in Libya and Egypt calls.for a trial, conviction and execution forthe treason. Throw in the IRS and the justice dept and there should be a mass hanging.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#9 Jul 19, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
carry on then.......
You are extraordinarily stupid. My posts did not defend or excoriate the use of executive power and were not a comment about President Bush. My posts pointed out that it was dishonest of Male to suggest that Prof. Turley had singled out President Obama as Male did in the title of the thread and in Male's initial post where he wrote that Prof. Turley said that President Obama created a constitutional crisis.

It is no wonder you have such a distorted opinion about so many things. You are incapable of comprehending any communication more advanced than "ROTFLMAO."

“MAGA”

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 19, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Impeachment doesn't go far enough. What he did in Libya and Egypt calls.for a trial, conviction and execution forthe treason. Throw in the IRS and the justice dept and there should be a mass hanging.
LOL...

I see you are pissed off.....

I don't think I want to hang anyone, but a prison sentence for most of these folks is certainly called for...and an example needs to be made of them.

I do wonder however if prison for obama would be punishment........I am guessing it might be a "load" of fun for him..........

“MAGA”

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
You are extraordinarily stupid. My posts did not defend or excoriate the use of executive power and were not a comment about President Bush. My posts pointed out that it was dishonest of Male to suggest that Prof. Turley had singled out President Obama as Male did in the title of the thread and in Male's initial post where he wrote that Prof. Turley said that President Obama created a constitutional crisis.
It is no wonder you have such a distorted opinion about so many things. You are incapable of comprehending any communication more advanced than "ROTFLMAO."
yawn.....oh noooooooo...you called me a name...ROTFLMAO

Look up TIPPING POINT little 0.0........

The term was aimed with exclusivity at your god obama....

from the link.....
Mr. Turley said in a prepared testimony, saying it began with previous presidents but under Mr. Obama has “reached a constitutional tipping point that threatens a fundamental change in how our country is governed.”

carry on little libitard.....LOL

They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#12 Jul 19, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...
I see you are pissed off.....
I don't think I want to hang anyone, but a prison sentence for most of these folks is certainly called for...and an example needs to be made of them.
I do wonder however if prison for obama would be punishment........I am guessing it might be a "load" of fun for him..........
Treason by people in high authority require hanging. This is not.a case.of some pin head giving away some security codes because a chinaman gives them a big box of cash.
When the president through his justice department interfers with elections, gives arms to people.attacking citizens on our southern border, these things don't call for three hots and a cot with all the butt sex they want. His ordering air attacks in Libya yet will not order troops along our southern border or air strikes on trains that are carrying bio-weapons that will marh accross our border calls for a hanging.

While I hated Carter for his cowardice at least he didn't arm enemies that attacked us in North America. While I have never supported a Democrat in my life I am willing to, after aa quik treason trial, hold Barry Soetoro up so a noose can be placed around his neck then drop him like a sack of cement.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#13 Jul 19, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn.....oh noooooooo...you called me a name...ROTFLMAO
Look up TIPPING POINT little 0.0........
The term was aimed with exclusivity at your god obama....
from the link.....
Mr. Turley said in a prepared testimony, saying it began with previous presidents but under Mr. Obama has “reached a constitutional tipping point that threatens a fundamental change in how our country is governed.”
carry on little libitard.....LOL
Is that what Male wrote? Did Male say that President Obama had caused it to reach a "tipping point" or did he say that he created the crisis? The ROTFLMAO is the most intelligent part of your posts.

“MAGA”

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Is that what Male wrote? Did Male say that President Obama had caused it to reach a "tipping point" or did he say that he created the crisis? The ROTFLMAO is the most intelligent part of your posts.
LMAO

Poor little intellectually deficient trollie.....

Your inability to comprehend the readily apparent never ceases to amaze me......

read your replies to me regarding exclusivity concerning obama

This is fun huh......
Male

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Further down in the story I posted Turley said:

“The President suggested he can go it alone,” Prof. Turley said in his opening remarks.“He has said he will resolve the deadlock in Congress, the division in Congress by offering changes on his own terms as a majority of one. That’s what makes it dangerous.”

I agree with Turley that the office of POTUS over the last many has been slowly gaining more power over the other two branches, but no predecessor I can recall ever suggested "...he can go it alone." - "I have a pen and a phone." That is Obama displaying some good old fashioned dictatorial arrogance. In other words, a tyrant.

I'll tag onto Turley's other suggestion "But it has reached a tipping point..." and I do blame Obama and Dims in Congress for this power grab.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#16 Jul 19, 2014
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Poor little intellectually deficient trollie.....
Your inability to comprehend the readily apparent never ceases to amaze me......
read your replies to me regarding exclusivity concerning obama
This is fun huh......
Fun? It's boring. A 6 year old would put up a better fight.
Male

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes Che, Turley was critical of Bush, but Turley did not say it was at a "tipping point" under Bush, and Turley did testify in Congress during the Bush years about this very problem.

He did make that reference in his testimony about this POTUS, and I do agree with Turley on that point.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#18 Jul 19, 2014
Male wrote:
<quoted text>
Further down in the story I posted Turley said:
“The President suggested he can go it alone,” Prof. Turley said in his opening remarks.“He has said he will resolve the deadlock in Congress, the division in Congress by offering changes on his own terms as a majority of one. That’s what makes it dangerous.”
I agree with Turley that the office of POTUS over the last many has been slowly gaining more power over the other two branches, but no predecessor I can recall ever suggested "...he can go it alone." - "I have a pen and a phone." That is Obama displaying some good old fashioned dictatorial arrogance. In other words, a tyrant.
I'll tag onto Turley's other suggestion "But it has reached a tipping point..." and I do blame Obama and Dims in Congress for this power grab.
Yet since William McKinley. President Obama has used executive orders less than all presidents other than Ford and H.W. Bush who were both one termers.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#19 Jul 19, 2014
Male wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Che, Turley was critical of Bush, but Turley did not say it was at a "tipping point" under Bush, and Turley did testify in Congress during the Bush years about this very problem.
He did make that reference in his testimony about this POTUS, and I do agree with Turley on that point.
So you agree that you overstated it when you wrote that Turley said that President Obama has "created one of the biggest constitutional crises in the country’s history"? It would seem difficult to create something that has been going on for years.

“MAGA”

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Fun? It's boring. A 6 year old would put up a better fight.
LMFAO....

Cause you say so little 0.0.......

Come on little libitard,

you can do better.........well probably not.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
July 27 is Finally Here! 29 min 404 not found 29
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 4 hr Myothernameisdpants 1,032
Face it. Republican politicians HATEcha. No hea... 4 hr Myothernameisdpants 55
America Held Hostage Day 187 6 hr No Investigation 19
older women needing spanked? 8 hr Club Ratt 67
Proof extra-terrestrials are already here on Ea... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 4
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 8 hr Concerned 308
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 12 hr Male 127

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages