McGuire's struggle with death in Ohio

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#25 Jan 17, 2014
It's all Obama's fault. Thanks democrats!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 Jan 17, 2014
I don't get the whining about this guy's death and why the family is now complaining about his suffering.

As a pharmacist explained it on a radio talk show, the protocol wasn't well thought out. After knocking him unconscious, a huge shot of potassium would have stopped his heart, immediately.

What McGuire did was cruel and unusual to his victim. I really have not hard and fast beliefs about the death penalty, but there are some crimes that are so heinous and atrocious there is no suitable penalty. He suffered much less than his 8-month pregnant victim that he raped and then repeatedly stabbed to death.

BB, I agree that it costs more to administer the death penalty. But I'm not sold either that even life in a solitary prison cell is adequate punishment for some crimes.

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#30 Jan 18, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
I don't get the whining about this guy's death and why the family is now complaining about his suffering.
As a pharmacist explained it on a radio talk show, the protocol wasn't well thought out. After knocking him unconscious, a huge shot of potassium would have stopped his heart, immediately.
What McGuire did was cruel and unusual to his victim. I really have not hard and fast beliefs about the death penalty, but there are some crimes that are so heinous and atrocious there is no suitable penalty. He suffered much less than his 8-month pregnant victim that he raped and then repeatedly stabbed to death.
BB, I agree that it costs more to administer the death penalty. But I'm not sold either that even life in a solitary prison cell is adequate punishment for some crimes.
I did say that without a resonable doubt, why wait so long for his sentence to be carried out.
All I can think of is if that were my father,brother,husband,and I had to watch him die like that, regardless the heinous crime he committed, I just feel for his family. That's the last vision of him forever imbedded in their brain of him. He deserved to die for what he did.(Solitary confinement sometimes drives prisoners mad,literally). I am not offering any excuses for him and what he did.
The victims family will never be the same, how could they?
The penal system needs to get their act together. Less appeals, after all avenues have been exhausted.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31 Jan 18, 2014
Hey Governor.....you listening.

go to WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, or any marina with a check.

Purchase a spool of 3/4" hemp rope.

your problem is solved.

after hangings leave corpse swing for a minimum of 48 hours outside providing the media plenty of time to film it.

ignore anyone with a comment....you did your job the law specified.

arrest any lawyer filing a lawsuit, and revoke law license for 5 years in your state.

another problem solved.

Please deduct $250 from my tax due to state for the best advice you ever received on capital punishment.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#32 Jan 18, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
Hey Governor.....you listening.
go to WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes, or any marina with a check.
Purchase a spool of 3/4" hemp rope.
your problem is solved.
after hangings leave corpse swing for a minimum of 48 hours outside providing the media plenty of time to film it.
ignore anyone with a comment....you did your job the law specified.
arrest any lawyer filing a lawsuit, and revoke law license for 5 years in your state.
another problem solved.
Please deduct $250 from my tax due to state for the best advice you ever received on capital punishment.
Some say that President Obama is a virtual dictator.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#33 Jan 18, 2014
Enzyte Bob wrote:
I wonder if the drug companies that refuse to provide state assassination drugs for prison executions can be brought into this?
Out west some states are looking into firing squads.
What goes around, comes around....swift and no muss no fuss!
Lol
Meg

Medina, OH

#34 Jan 18, 2014
Very said for the family to witness BUT what he did put him in the position he was in.

Too bad the media doesn't care about the victim and her unborn child and the pain and suffering he caused her and her family. And his family doesn't seem to care either about the victim.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#35 Jan 18, 2014
Meg wrote:
Very said for the family to witness BUT what he did put him in the position he was in.
Too bad the media doesn't care about the victim and her unborn child and the pain and suffering he caused her and her family. And his family doesn't seem to care either about the victim.
With the media, it's all about sensationalism!
They don't give a rats butt about a flimsy story..
What ever draws attention and sells!
Pitiful. They like to stir the pot with controversial subjects also.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#36 Jan 18, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
With the media, it's all about sensationalism!
They don't give a rats butt about a flimsy story..
What ever draws attention and sells!
Pitiful. They like to stir the pot with controversial subjects also.
Don't you wish to know what is actually happening when the state murders in the name of justice?

woof

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#38 Jan 18, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you wish to know what is actually happening when the state murders in the name of justice?
woof
Do they always report the truth or their own spin, is the question.... ie...Fox news
Five different news casts will give five different slants....
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#39 Jan 18, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know. Brutal! My heart goes out to the family.
When proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt,the state should not wait so long to serve out the sentence.
I just feel so bad for the family of the murderer...they also are victims of his wrong doing!
The whole situation is sad.
Actually, it cost more to execute a death sentence than if the prisoner served a life sentence.
WHERE did you get that it costs more to execute a prisoner than to keep him for the rest of his life. First of all you do not know how many years he was going to live to make a comparison and how much does it cost to keep a prisoner daily, how much health care costs involved. I find it hard to believe that it would cost more to execute but will research. Did his family have any idea the pain he inflicted on both women and child before THEY died a horrible, painful death, doesn't seem his pain was anything compared to his victims. I agree that he should have been executed long ago and think our laws need to be changed to allow a shorter amount of time for appeals. How many times did his lawyers throw road blocks up to keep said execution from happening when he knew he did the crime. Would his so called concerned wife not have cared ten years ago but does now? His family have shown no concern for the 3 lives he took and are only after money, they are just as bad as him. I hope the state of Ohio doesn't fall for their tactics, they must have planned the lawsuit before the execution to get it all together along with their news conference threats. He did it and paid less of a price than his victim-----
ChilliGal

Chillicothe, OH

#40 Jan 18, 2014
Meg wrote:
Meg, YOU are right, the state did not put HIS FAMILY in the position they were in , HE thought so little of his wife and children to do what he did. He could have had sex with his wife but chose a different route. HOW MANY women would stand up for a husband that not only chose to have sex with someone else but do it in the way he did??? NONE of his family had to watch and chose to stand up for a brutal rapist-murderer. ITS ABOUT MONEY, plain and simple.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#41 Jan 18, 2014
ChilliGal wrote:
<quoted text> WHERE did you get that it costs more to execute a prisoner than to keep him for the rest of his life. First of all you do not know how many years he was going to live to make a comparison and how much does it cost to keep a prisoner daily, how much health care costs involved. I find it hard to believe that it would cost more to execute but will research. Did his family have any idea the pain he inflicted on both women and child before THEY died a horrible, painful death, doesn't seem his pain was anything compared to his victims. I agree that he should have been executed long ago and think our laws need to be changed to allow a shorter amount of time for appeals. How many times did his lawyers throw road blocks up to keep said execution from happening when he knew he did the crime. Would his so called concerned wife not have cared ten years ago but does now? His family have shown no concern for the 3 lives he took and are only after money, they are just as bad as him. I hope the state of Ohio doesn't fall for their tactics, they must have planned the lawsuit before the execution to get it all together along with their news conference threats. He did it and paid less of a price than his victim-----
First of all, it does take more money to execute than to hand out a life sentence. I researched it!

I am not sympathizing with the murderer, if you read I stated that the sentence should have been carried out sooner,had it been beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm done!
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#42 Jan 18, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they always report the truth or their own spin, is the question.... ie...Fox news
Five different news casts will give five different slants....
Well BB, that is for the readers/viewers to sort out. On this particular issue (what transpired when the lethal injection occurred) all of the reports I have seen have documented the same observances by numerous witnesses.

Now I am not saying this man didn't deserve severe punishment. But I question whether the imposition of the death sentence by such means violates the Constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment.

woof
Female

Chillicothe, OH

#43 Jan 18, 2014
For those that believe in the death penalty, would you agree to public hanging also? Would you watch? 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#44 Jan 18, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
He only stabbed her to death once.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#45 Jan 18, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say that President Obama is a virtual dictator.
Waaaaaay too subtle for this audience.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#46 Jan 18, 2014
Female wrote:
For those that believe in the death penalty, would you agree to public hanging also? Would you watch? 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Public hangings would be well received, IMO.

Public beheadings are the Islamic norm.

“HAPPY SPRING”

BLOCKHEADS!

#47 Jan 18, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well BB, that is for the readers/viewers to sort out. On this particular issue (what transpired when the lethal injection occurred) all of the reports I have seen have documented the same observances by numerous witnesses.
Now I am not saying this man didn't deserve severe punishment. But I question whether the imposition of the death sentence by such means violates the Constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment.
woof
Well that's what I was trying to convey about how his family had to watch his labored death.
Everyone always has to jump on everything...because some can't comprehend what is written.
Plus, the problem with emails and posting is that the recipient doesn't know in what spirit the post is intended.
Whatever.
wishing

Bluefield, WV

#48 Jan 18, 2014
wished i could have been the one pushing the needle in his arm,the bastard deserved to been slowly, slowly sodomized,abused humilated and tortured to he actually died from the pain and shock of what was being done to him. to rape and abuse a pregant woman, he deserve to be boiled alive and then skinned right before he sucked and struggled for his last breath and then showed a picture of the poor girl and her unborn child!! i hope he boils in hell and his publicity suckin daughter is place there with him for trying to get pity for the way he died.maybe if it had happened to her or someone close to her she wouldnt say he suffered for what he did!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,247
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 1 hr Mojo Risen 86
Party In Crisis–Anti Trump Approach/Identity Po... 1 hr 404 not found 5
Well, Well, Well – President Trump Flips Bannon... 2 hr 404 not found 5
NPR: Large Majority Support Keeping Confederate... 2 hr 404 not found 2
Media Stunned – President Trump Support Stronge... 2 hr Male 11
Democratic voter base declines 3 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Republican Politicians have Courted Rascism FOR... 3 hr Alternative Facts... 99
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 3 hr Let Freedom Ring 155
wow. 50% of Marriages Fail in US 5 hr Dan 78