Deteriorating Families and Gun Violence

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#264 Feb 13, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach GIRLS how to put them on too.
They teach girls, in school, how to put a condom on a penis?

That is way too far. Not my daughter.

Location hidden

#265 Feb 13, 2013
Wait what wrote:
BTW, why do churches overuse the word "awesome"? Anyone?
I've never noticed it to be overused. I think it is just as descriptive as you can get of creation and foregiveness...'God's awesome wonders'...as in the hymn "How Great Thou Art."

Granted I haven't been in every church. Maybe there is a throw back 'valley girl' somewhere who uses 'awesome' in every sentence.

Tip is correct. It's just a very simple fact. Twister is more 'in step with the times and progressive than we are.'

Location hidden

#266 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEREAS, The United Methodist Church was a founding member of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice in 1973, and
This is not from the conference of Methodist Churches founded by John Wesley (1703-1791).

This group was formed in 1968 by two minsters breaking away from the Methodist Church Conference, forming their own organization and calling it 'United Methodist Church'. You can ifnd them here:

http://www.umc.org/site/c.lwL4KnN1LtH/b.13539...

Location hidden

#267 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, hmmmm.
Woman's gotta do whatta woman's gotta do.
Young girls. with any parental subvision, do not.

Location hidden

#268 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it ain't about bein' lazy, hon.
Gettin yucky..."hon"

Location hidden

#269 Feb 13, 2013
oZ the Wizard of truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to admit it; but I agree with you.
if you vote for todays Democratic Party, you can't be a Christian.
If a Church supports abortion, then it can't be a Christian Church.
you had a choice....pro life.....pro death......you picked
if you voted pro death, you are not a Christian.
can abortions be born again?
In the Methodist church, the belief is that the child was passed directly to heaven at death. It had been convieved, therfore had a soul, and it was sinless. Straight to heaven.

Catholics, I THINK, believe children are born in sin and cannot be saved until baptisted by a priest....but in a situation like aboriton, or the instance death of a child or adult, where there is no priest to administer the 'rites', the soul of the deceased is not precluded from entering God's heaven.

But you really need to ask someone with more knowledge of the Catholic religion.

Like Twister..........she knows everything.

PS You chould read all the threads of the last two days to get a feel for how each of us feels.

For now, I'm done with abortion debates or further discussion of religion.

Location hidden

#270 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You presented an individual situation in which a woman sought a late-term abortion from a back-ally practitioner, bleedint to death as a result. You claim that this was a simple case of irresponsibility.
When challenged with multiple causes/scenarios far more likely to have led to that particular circumstance, you dropped the individual scenario and went all global on us. Instead of looking at what could possibly have driven a women in her 8th month of pregnancy into a very dangerous situation/choice you chose to give all kinds of things--excuses--that might earlier have been overcome.
Someone doesn't end up having a back-alley abortion at 8 months because they simply didn't want to be "inconvenienced" (always love it when people reduce a lifetime of raising a child to a mere "inconvenience". Look for a bunch of powerful other factors to have been there.
BS. She was probably so stoned she didn't realize she was pregnant until 8 months. Or maybe she had a chance to go on vacation the following week.

There is no acceptable reason, except in the case of rape, icest or the life of the mother/or child.

You start making excuses for murder, you're dangerous

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#271 Feb 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your are twisting. I would never say that anyone was not a a real Christian or not as real as I am. Unless they are pro-borton, which is against the Christian doctrine and God's word. But I still don't judge them to be unChristian, but misguiden. They may change their hearts. God will judge them, not me.
I know there are different denominations of Baptists. Doesn't really matter to me as I am a member of the Methodist church and I know what the Methodist doctrine is, no matter what obsure website you have found.
And, by the way, I don't need ANY manmade document to tell me that abortion is murder. People can disagree with me, and I can still associate and debate it with them, but in my heart, I know it is murder.
Now you have these 'start up' churches of all denominations that spring up all over the place that are not members of the 'conference. The celergy has never studied theology and has no accrediation in most cases
They usually do not survive long.
I'm tired of this subject with you. You are going to cling to whatever you find approving of abortion and I am going to stand against it. Unless you can tell me when the babies are going to be given the choice, let's just drop it.
You deny saying that any ministers who are pro-choice are false prophets and in league with Satan?

In fact I asked about what kind of church you went to because it seemed as though both you and tip wer advocating in the direction of untrained clergy lacking ordination or theological background. In fact, the more I have brought in examples of the diversity of Christian beliefs among those who are in fact recognized, educated, ordained and connected to well-established denominations, the more that both of you have tried to label any who do not respond to your particular personal belief as being heretical and downright evil.

Further, you persist in using the inflammatory terminology of "pro-abortion" to characterize the beliefs of many people who in fact have clear parameters around situations in which abortion may reasonably be considered and those when it ought not be.

If you are truly tired of the subject then please discipline your tongue when you are tempted to accuse me of being not really Christian because I don't agree with your own judgment about people who provide or may elect to have an abortion. Because I will respond.

Location hidden

#272 Feb 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach girls, in school, how to put a condom on a penis?
That is way too far. Not my daughter.
Probably not.

But it really makes a good story doesn't it? So graphic.

And frankly, should the situation arise, I would rather my daughter know how, than not know how. and better some instruction from a professional who can handle the topic in a straightforward manner without giggling and carrying on. Demystify the whole thing. Remember The Summer of 42?

Is your thinking that your daughter doesn't know that men have penises, or what they look like? or that she doesn't understand the mechanics of intercourse? Or do you prefer to teacher her the appropriate methodology at home?

Location hidden

#273 Feb 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Gettin yucky..."hon"
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Location hidden

#274 Feb 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not from the conference of Methodist Churches founded by John Wesley (1703-1791).
This group was formed in 1968 by two minsters breaking away from the Methodist Church Conference, forming their own organization and calling it 'United Methodist Church'. You can ifnd them here:
http://www.umc.org/site/c.lwL4KnN1LtH/b.13539...
Ummmm, I have worked pretty closely with a number of Methodist Churches in the past and still have ties with a number of Methodists. The United Methodist Church--the organization whose website you linked, and who endorsed the work of the RCRC, has a much longer history that goes back much further than 1968.

Location hidden

#275 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny saying that any ministers who are pro-choice are false prophets and in league with Satan?

I both said it and stand by it.

In fact I asked about what kind of church you went to because it seemed as though both you and tip wer advocating in the direction of untrained clergy lacking ordination or theological background. In fact, the more I have brought in examples of the diversity of Christian beliefs among those who are in fact recognized, educated, ordained and connected to well-established denominations, the more that both of you have tried to label any who do not respond to your particular personal belief as being heretical and downright evil.

Your examples do not impress me or change
my beliefs or mind.'There are none so blind
as those that won't be lead.' Watch who's
leading you and where.

Further, you persist in using the inflammatory terminology of "pro-abortion" to characterize the beliefs of many people who in fact have clear parameters around situations in which abortion may reasonably be considered and those when it ought not be.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

If you are truly tired of the subject then please discipline your tongue when you are tempted to accuse me of being not really Christian because I don't agree with your own judgment about people who provide or may elect to have an abortion. Because I will respond.

No, my tongue will never be disciplined that I
do not speak out for those with no voice.
I did not accuse you or anyone else
of not being a Chrisitian.
I explicity said it was not me to judge, but God.
We're done now.

Location hidden

#276 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, I have worked pretty closely with a number of Methodist Churches in the past and still have ties with a number of Methodists. The United Methodist Church--the organization whose website you linked, and who endorsed the work of the RCRC, has a much longer history that goes back much further than 1968.
Of course you have.

Location hidden

#277 Feb 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not.
But it really makes a good story doesn't it? So graphic.
And frankly, should the situation arise, I would rather my daughter know how, than not know how. and better some instruction from a professional who can handle the topic in a straightforward manner without giggling and carrying on. Demystify the whole thing. Remember The Summer of 42?
Is your thinking that your daughter doesn't know that men have penises, or what they look like? or that she doesn't understand the mechanics of intercourse? Or do you prefer to teacher her the appropriate methodology at home?
Of course I do not remember the summer of 42. Of course I prefer to teach my daughter at home, if I had one. I have answered many children and teens appropriately. As for the existance of penises and reproduction, being around animals pretty much gets the discussion going at a young age. That does not mean you teach your children, or any children to act to act or breed like animals.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#278 Feb 14, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. She was probably so stoned she didn't realize she was pregnant until 8 months. Or maybe she had a chance to go on vacation the following week.
There is no acceptable reason, except in the case of rape, icest or the life of the mother/or child.
You start making excuses for murder, you're dangerous
If abortion is murder, why allow any exceptions?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#279 Feb 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If abortion is murder, why allow any exceptions?
God won't when you are judged

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#280 Feb 14, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22784...

FTA: "...The number of new infections in the country has been growing over the last couple decades, leading one CDC researcher to declare that the U.S. is facing an 'ongoing, severe STI epidemic.'

...'STIs take a big health and economic toll on men and women in the United States, especially our youth,' CDC epidemiologist Catherine Lindsay told NBC News.

Much of the $16 billion in annual healthcare costs that go to STI's is spent on patients with HIV/AIDS, who require lifetime care."

God gave us moral guidelines for our own health and well-being.
Anyone who doesn't recognize that fact is a blind fool.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#281 Feb 14, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa assured me that I am A OK.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#282 Feb 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa assured me that I am A OK.
Santa is a fantasy.

what is quite funny, is an atheist, gay, black man, who claims to be a Lawyer is without doubt the most ignorant idiot on this topix board.

you expect us to take you serious; but you believe in fantasies.

do you still wet the bed too?

Location hidden

#283 Feb 14, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Wild Is Duke In The Sack? 2 min Duke for Mayor 2
Gennifer Flowers Will Be At The Presidential De... 3 min Duke for Mayor 1
How wild is Seriouslady in the sack? 8 min Duke for Mayor 33
Trump ahead in 3 swing states... 9 min Duke for Mayor 6
GlitterSucks Autopsy Results 32 min deez nutz 1
Free beer for all Hillary supporters 34 min I made a funny 5
Free meth for all Drumpf supporters 36 min I made a funny 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance