|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot stop twisting! No one on this thread has objected to a medically provided abortion in the case of rape, incest, the health of the mother or if the unborn child is guaranteed to be born with life long maladies that will cause it physical pain and disability.
The other reasons you list, abusive partner, economic issues, drug addition...to me they do not warrent the death of the child. They are all surmountable.
Other than that, there is no 'benevolent' abortion.
So will you Knock it off with that insinuation?
I don't remember Roe v. Wade or what year the decision was brought down by SCOTUS.
The moral imperative here is 'thou shalt not kill.'
As far as far the woman or girl who died after having an abortion in a drive-by abortion RV, perhaps in her last moments she confessed her sin with her mouth, felt it in her heart and received God's forgiveness. No one knows.
I ask you again, when do the babies have a choice?
Go back and read what you read in post #231.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Twister, we both know what lead her to this. Irresponsible actions, lack of self-respect and having sex. I doubt there has ever been an abortion of a pregnancy conceived through artifical insemination, unless the mother's life was at risk.

You, more than anyone on this post, knows that adoption is a better and viable solution.

O.K. My post 31 is above. What's your point? Nothing in it diviates from anything else I've put forth on the subject.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read what you read in post #231.
Do you mean read what I wrote in post #231?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have to follow the threads that you are diving into, but it went something like this.
Tony claimed that schools were teaching fifth graders how to put condoms on bananas.(in my opinion).
You're right. I didn't dwell on condoms on bananas.
Nor do I believe any man, on his first attempt, has ever had a problem getting the condom where it should go.

But men don't get pregnant, now do they? And men don't have abortions. In the end, it's the woman's responsibility.

And I don't care how inclusive any sex ed is in any school, it is to be better taught at home, by parents or older siblings, BY EXAMPLE and along with "This is for married people. You will only have one 'first time', so wait!"

And if you are too lazy or busy to do the responsible thing, at all times, for the children you gave birth to, or adopted, shame on you. And that includes monitoring their TV habits and where and whom they are with at all times.

And not taking them to a church that promotes abortion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiousity, are you a church member?
Does your church have a national organization of any sort? Criteria for ordination? Or is it just an every man for himself with his Bible type of thing?
I don't know why it matters as their are plenty of hypocrites sitting in church pews, but I do attend church. And I enjoy it and have a need for communal worship.

Better still I was raised by a truly Christian mother who set a solid example. We are Methodists and the church is a member of the international Methodist conference. But my husband and I also go to the Baptist church about once a month as that pastor is a very good speaker, we like him and have friends there and that church also, is a member of the Batist Conference.

My husband was raised Catholic. He became a member of my church either shortly before or shortly after we were married. I don't remember.
And once in awhile we go to Mass with his siblings, but I've attended Catholic Mass many times in my life.

You see, Twister, Christians are all supposed to be working to get to the same place. Including the Jewish. I'm not going to let a church denomination set me apart from anyone.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it matters as their are plenty of hypocrites sitting in church pews, but I do attend church. And I enjoy it and have a need for communal worship.
Better still I was raised by a truly Christian mother who set a solid example. We are Methodists and the church is a member of the international Methodist conference. But my husband and I also go to the Baptist church about once a month as that pastor is a very good speaker, we like him and have friends there and that church also, is a member of the Batist Conference.
My husband was raised Catholic. He became a member of my church either shortly before or shortly after we were married. I don't remember.
And once in awhile we go to Mass with his siblings, but I've attended Catholic Mass many times in my life.
You see, Twister, Christians are all supposed to be working to get to the same place. Including the Jewish. I'm not going to let a church denomination set me apart from anyone.
You might want to look into the official pronouncements of the Methodist Church regarding abortion. And I realize that there are various Baptist denominations, but you might want to check into the American Baptist thinking on abortion.

You might be surprised to find that your thinking has excluded them from being really Christian.

And, when you go around claiming that other Christians are not as real as you are, well you most certainly are setting somebody apart.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I didn't dwell on condoms on bananas.
Nor do I believe any man, on his first attempt, has ever had a problem getting the condom where it should go.
They teach GIRLS how to put them on too.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to look into the official pronouncements of the Methodist Church regarding abortion.
"Abortion—The beginning of life and the ending of life are the God-given boundaries of human existence. While individuals have always had some degree of control over when they would die, they now have the awesome power to determine when and even whether new individuals will be born. Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion."

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content.as...

At this point, Tip is right - the rest is PC stuff (church attendance is falling, after all). How you twisted that into approving of abortions is beyond me.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

BTW, why do churches overuse the word "awesome"? Anyone?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't happen with competent parenting (unless the child is raped). The problem then becomes the competency of parenting, so you should address that.
But you won't, because it's only by continued excusing of malicious or incompetent actors that you would have anything to do in your old age.
And I'm sure you'll be pleased that a Massachusetts school is passing out condoms to first graders.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cond...
To be fair, thos first graders in that Mass school are 16 years old.

Things are not what they seem when the bulk of the participants are idiots.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach GIRLS how to put them on too.
Ummm, hmmmm.

Woman's gotta do whatta woman's gotta do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
"Abortion—The beginning of life and the ending of life are the God-given boundaries of human existence. While individuals have always had some degree of control over when they would die, they now have the awesome power to determine when and even whether new individuals will be born. Our belief in the sanctity of unborn human life makes us reluctant to approve abortion."
http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content.as...
At this point, Tip is right - the rest is PC stuff (church attendance is falling, after all). How you twisted that into approving of abortions is beyond me.
WHEREAS, The United Methodist Church was a founding member of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice in 1973, and

WHEREAS, the General Board of Church and Society and the Women's Division of the General Board of Global Ministries are currently members of the Religious Coalition, along with national organizations from 14 denominations, including the Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church (USA), United Church of Christ, Unitarian Universalism, Reform and Conservative Judaism, and

WHEREAS, these Coalition member organizations hold a wide variety of views regarding policies relating to specific issues of reproductive choice such as when life and personhood begins but, nevertheless, share common religious values, have official pro-choice policies, and are committed to working together to ensure reproductive choice for all persons through the moral power of religious communities, and

WHEREAS, the Religious Coalition supports the right of all persons to have access to a wide range of reproductive health services including sexuality education, family planning services, contraception, abortion services, affordable and quality health and child care, and

WHEREAS, the Religious Coalition's All Options Clergy Counseling program trains clergy of many faiths to assist women in discerning the course of action that they believe is best in a case of unintended pregnancy, and

WHEREAS, internationally, the Religious Coalition is an accredited non-governmental organization with the United Nations Department of Public Information which supports international family planning services in such areas as South Africa where the Coalition works with churches on HIV/AIDS education and prevention, and

WHEREAS, the Coalition's efforts help counter attempts to enact restrictive legislation that would impose specific religious views about abortion and reproductive health on persons of all faiths, and

WHEREAS, factions within the United Methodist Church whose stated goal is to have the General Conference go on record in opposition to all abortions regardless of the reason are working towards the goal of severing all United Methodist ties with the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice;

Therefore, be it resolved, that the United Methodist 2004 General Conference go on record in support of the work of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, and

Be it further resolved, that the 2004 General Conference affirm the continued membership of the General Board of Church and Society and the Women's Division of the General Board of Global Ministries in the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice.

ADOPTED 2004

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
Twister, we both know what lead her to this. Irresponsible actions, lack of self-respect and having sex. I doubt there has ever been an abortion of a pregnancy conceived through artifical insemination, unless the mother's life was at risk.
You, more than anyone on this post, knows that adoption is a better and viable solution.
O.K. My post 31 is above. What's your point? Nothing in it diviates from anything else I've put forth on the subject.
You presented an individual situation in which a woman sought a late-term abortion from a back-ally practitioner, bleedint to death as a result. You claim that this was a simple case of irresponsibility.

When challenged with multiple causes/scenarios far more likely to have led to that particular circumstance, you dropped the individual scenario and went all global on us. Instead of looking at what could possibly have driven a women in her 8th month of pregnancy into a very dangerous situation/choice you chose to give all kinds of things--excuses--that might earlier have been overcome.

Someone doesn't end up having a back-alley abortion at 8 months because they simply didn't want to be "inconvenienced" (always love it when people reduce a lifetime of raising a child to a mere "inconvenience". Look for a bunch of powerful other factors to have been there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>To be fair, thos first graders in that Mass school are 16 years old.
Things are not what they seem when the bulk of the participants are idiots.
Speak for yourself.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You presented an individual situation in which a woman sought a late-term abortion from a back-ally practitioner, bleedint to death as a result. You claim that this was a simple case of irresponsibility.
When challenged with multiple causes/scenarios far more likely to have led to that particular circumstance, you dropped the individual scenario and went all global on us. Instead of looking at what could possibly have driven a women in her 8th month of pregnancy into a very dangerous situation/choice you chose to give all kinds of things--excuses--that might earlier have been overcome.
Someone doesn't end up having a back-alley abortion at 8 months because they simply didn't want to be "inconvenienced" (always love it when people reduce a lifetime of raising a child to a mere "inconvenience". Look for a bunch of powerful other factors to have been there.
ummmmmmm sweetums.....re-read what you said.

carrying a child for 8 months is not a lifetime till you kill it.

such love for a 8 month incubation period; but to selfish to bring to term.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmmmmm sweetums.....re-read what you said.
carrying a child for 8 months is not a lifetime till you kill it.
such love for a 8 month incubation period; but to selfish to bring to term.
Again, RS--you have no idea what was going on in this woman's life.
oZ the Wizard of truth

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to look into the official pronouncements of the Methodist Church regarding abortion. And I realize that there are various Baptist denominations, but you might want to check into the American Baptist thinking on abortion.
You might be surprised to find that your thinking has excluded them from being really Christian.
And, when you go around claiming that other Christians are not as real as you are, well you most certainly are setting somebody apart.
I hate to admit it; but I agree with you.

if you vote for todays Democratic Party, you can't be a Christian.
If a Church supports abortion, then it can't be a Christian Church.

you had a choice....pro life.....pro death......you picked

if you voted pro death, you are not a Christian.

can abortions be born again?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, hmmmm.
Woman's gotta do whatta woman's gotta do.
If they want to hook up with a guy who's too damned lazy to put his own condom on, yeah, I guess...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they want to hook up with a guy who's too damned lazy to put his own condom on, yeah, I guess...
Oh, it ain't about bein' lazy, hon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your are twisting. I would never say that anyone was not a a real Christian or not as real as I am. Unless they are pro-borton, which is against the Christian doctrine and God's word. But I still don't judge them to be unChristian, but misguiden. They may change their hearts. God will judge them, not me.

I know there are different denominations of Baptists. Doesn't really matter to me as I am a member of the Methodist church and I know what the Methodist doctrine is, no matter what obsure website you have found.

And, by the way, I don't need ANY manmade document to tell me that abortion is murder. People can disagree with me, and I can still associate and debate it with them, but in my heart, I know it is murder.

Now you have these 'start up' churches of all denominations that spring up all over the place that are not members of the 'conference. The celergy has never studied theology and has no accrediation in most cases

They usually do not survive long.

I'm tired of this subject with you. You are going to cling to whatever you find approving of abortion and I am going to stand against it. Unless you can tell me when the babies are going to be given the choice, let's just drop it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of287
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Famous quotes and books! 22 min Duke for Mayor 51
retreve your hearts 32 min -faye-copley 1
Police: East side man posed as cop, tried to ra... 40 min yeah baby 4
Mayor Coleman Bristles When Discussing GOP Snub... 42 min yeah baby 1
Review: Buckeye Auto Tint 44 min john kenney 3
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 45 min Duke for Mayor 105
godly hearts 47 min Reynoldsburger No Onion 2
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr would 1,922
•••