“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#203 Feb 11, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Katherine Hancodk Ragsdale is a false prophet, but you keep following her word if you find it too difficult to face, and practice and encourage, the truth as set forth by God.
You go to your church, I'll go to mine.
I have no problem with that.

I'm not the one going around claiming to be the one and only expression of true Christianity--or renouncing scores of ministers and churces as "false prophets."

And, in fact, I am not "following the word" of the woman I quoted. I did think that her explanation responded to tip's questions.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#204 Feb 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And you of course know of a school that includes this lesson?
http://educationviews.org/houston-area-school...

Planet Earth

#205 Feb 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, SL, attempting to teach, as we do, in schools about the basics of biology and social organization and governance and pretend that human beings do not also reproduce and organize themselves into families, communities and such for the protection of the young and the ongoing life of the species ends up with a fairly stilted curriculum.
Going back so far as Friedrich Froebel--who introduced the notion of kindergarten and Maria Montessori who contributed a good deal to the understanding of early learning and development--learning about the family as a key building block of social structure has been virtually unquestioned. The problem today is the conflict who want a prescriptive curriculum--mandating that there is an appropriate structure and that structure includes only a married mommy and daddy and a coterie of biological children; and those who want a more descriptive curriculum, which affirms the reality that within any school community there are a variety of family structures.
We have also long relied on schools as places in which to disseminate public health information (basic hygiene, hand-washing, coughing into the sleeve, teeth brushing), provide a handy spot for routine screenings (nurses eye-checks, for instance) and to insure that immunizations are carried out on schedule. As thinks like teen pregnancy and the spread of STDs have been recognized as public health problems, it seems natural to continue along the same road and provide information that is helpful in terms of prevention.Some folks, like Tony, however find this embarrassing and/or threatening.
Nope. I answered all of her questions truthfully and precisely... when she asked. I didn't force knowledge on her that she wasn't ready for.

Fortunately, parents have the option to pull their kids out of public schools and either teach them theirselves or make other arrangements.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#206 Feb 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that.
I'm not the one going around claiming to be the one and only expression of true Christianity--or renouncing scores of ministers and churces as "false prophets."
And, in fact, I am not "following the word" of the woman I quoted. I did think that her explanation responded to tip's questions.
I never claimed to be the one and only anything, Twister. Nice try.

Any clergy person who teaches that the Bible or Christianity and endorses abortion or has a passive attitude towards it, cannot be truly Christian.

That's about as valid as your 9-11-01 remarks, which I was not onboard to read, but will follow you forever.

For all your outrage and haughtiness, you're a fruitcake. Now, this is getting boring.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#207 Feb 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
...I dream of a world that values...the dazzling diversity of creation...
What an utterly ironic statement.

You have repeatedly confirmed and defended your belief that a human life in utero can be killed by his or her mother on demand.
Then, you have the audacity to pretend your belief is morally and biblically defensible.

http://www.amdworldwide.com/voluson730imagega...

Friday, I described a complete blackout by the mainstream media in regard to reports that a 29-year-old woman died after a late-term abortion at the clinic of the notorious Dr. LeRoy Carhart.

In particular, I called out the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun, because this clinic — run by a sort of celebrity abortionist — is in Germantown, Maryland, just 20 miles from the nation’s capital. Trust me, if some nut with a gun had opened fire on Carhart’s clinic, the Post and the Sun would devote front-page coverage to the story. If a woman dies after a botched abortion ... eh, not so much.

Jeff Quinton reports that the Washington Post has now broken the mainstream media embargo of this story. The Post‘s Dan Morse reports:

"The Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the Montgomery County Police Department are investigating the death of a woman who died at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital on Thursday — days after she was believed to have started an abortion procedure at a controversial clinic in Germantown....

In this case, the 29-year-old woman, who has not been identified, died Thursday after being taken to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, according to local and state officials.

The circumstances that led to her death are unclear. Carhart and clinic officials could not be reached....

'At this point, there is no indication of any criminal activity in this case,' said Capt. Paul Starks, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Police Department."

OK, it’s only a 350-word item in the Metro section, but it’s something. Still nothing from the Baltimore Sun, the New York Times, USA Today or the Associated Press, but at least now one major news organization has grudgingly acknowledged that a 29-year-old woman has died after being treated at the clinic where “Doctor Death” was willing to perform an abortion in the 33rd week of pregnancy.

Yes, I said the 33RD WEEK – EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT — which is actually legal in Maryland. So maybe “there is no indication of any criminal activity,” as the police spokesman said, but there is butchery and horror and evil. Lots and lots of evil. Also, a dead 29-year-old woman.

We mustn’t forget the #WarOnWomen.

http://tinyurl.com/ayuo8sm

Location hidden

#208 Feb 11, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
Nope. Not one word about fifth graders putting condoms on bananas. Program doesn't even start til 7th grade. I did note that the schools who have begun the program were concerned because 1 in 10 6th graders were having sex. And the program was showing declines in sexual activity and teen pregnancy.

I guess that's bad stuff, huh?

Location hidden

#209 Feb 11, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What an utterly ironic statement.
You have repeatedly confirmed and defended your belief that a human life in utero can be killed by his or her mother on demand.
Then, you have the audacity to pretend your belief is morally and biblically defensible.
http://www.amdworldwide.com/voluson730imagega...
Friday, I described a complete blackout by the mainstream media in regard to reports that a 29-year-old woman died after a late-term abortion at the clinic of the notorious Dr. LeRoy Carhart.
In particular, I called out the Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun, because this clinic — run by a sort of celebrity abortionist — is in Germantown, Maryland, just 20 miles from the nation’s capital. Trust me, if some nut with a gun had opened fire on Carhart’s clinic, the Post and the Sun would devote front-page coverage to the story. If a woman dies after a botched abortion ... eh, not so much.
Jeff Quinton reports that the Washington Post has now broken the mainstream media embargo of this story. The Post‘s Dan Morse reports:
"The Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the Montgomery County Police Department are investigating the death of a woman who died at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital on Thursday — days after she was believed to have started an abortion procedure at a controversial clinic in Germantown....
In this case, the 29-year-old woman, who has not been identified, died Thursday after being taken to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, according to local and state officials.
The circumstances that led to her death are unclear. Carhart and clinic officials could not be reached....
'At this point, there is no indication of any criminal activity in this case,' said Capt. Paul Starks, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Police Department."
OK, it’s only a 350-word item in the Metro section, but it’s something. Still nothing from the Baltimore Sun, the New York Times, USA Today or the Associated Press, but at least now one major news organization has grudgingly acknowledged that a 29-year-old woman has died after being treated at the clinic where “Doctor Death” was willing to perform an abortion in the 33rd week of pregnancy.
Yes, I said the 33RD WEEK – EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT — which is actually legal in Maryland. So maybe “there is no indication of any criminal activity,” as the police spokesman said, but there is butchery and horror and evil. Lots and lots of evil. Also, a dead 29-year-old woman.
We mustn’t forget the #WarOnWomen.
http://tinyurl.com/ayuo8sm
The same thing happened in a Maryland country north of DC and Baltimore. A woman showed up at hospital emergency room after a late term abortion and bled to death before she could be saved.
She had obatained this abortion in a RV vehicle, parked on a side street in Elkton, MD.
I have no sympathy for her.

Location hidden

#210 Feb 11, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing happened in a Maryland country north of DC and Baltimore. A woman showed up at hospital emergency room after a late term abortion and bled to death before she could be saved.
She had obatained this abortion in a RV vehicle, parked on a side street in Elkton, MD.
I have no sympathy for her.
Some history apparently you have forgotten--pre-Roe v Wade:

Illegal Abortions Were Common

Estimates of the number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 1960s ranged from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year. One analysis, extrapolating from data from North Carolina, concluded that an estimated 829,000 illegal or self-induced abortions occurred in 1967.

One stark indication of the prevalence of illegal abortion was the death toll. In 1930, abortion was listed as the official cause of death for almost 2,700 women—nearly one-fifth (18%) of maternal deaths recorded in that year. The death toll had declined to just under 1,700 by 1940, and to just over 300 by 1950 (most likely because of the introduction of antibiotics in the 1940s, which permitted more effective treatment of the infections that frequently developed after illegal abortion). By 1965, the number of deaths due to illegal abortion had fallen to just under 200, but illegal abortion still accounted for 17% of all deaths attributed to pregnancy and childbirth that year. And these are just the number that were officially reported; the actual number was likely much higher.

Poor women and their families were disproportionately impacted. A study of low-income women in New York City in the 1960s found that almost one in 10 (8%) had ever attempted to terminate a pregnancy by illegal abortion; almost four in 10 (38%) said that a friend, relative or acquaintance had attempted to obtain an abortion. Of the low-income women in that study who said they had had an abortion, eight in 10 (77%) said that they had attempted a self-induced procedure, with only 2% saying that a physician had been involved in any way.

These women paid a steep price for illegal procedures. In 1962 alone, nearly 1,600 women were admitted to Harlem Hospital Center in New York City for incomplete abortions, which was one abortion-related hospital admission for every 42 deliveries at that hospital that year. In 1968, the University of Southern California Los Angeles County Medical Center, another large public facility serving primarily indigent patients, admitted 701 women with septic abortions, one admission for every 14 deliveries.

A clear racial disparity is evident in the data of mortality because of illegal abortion: In New York City in the early 1960s, one in four childbirth-related deaths among white women was due to abortion; in comparison, abortion accounted for one in two childbirth-related deaths among nonwhite and Puerto Rican women.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/06/1/gr060...

Location hidden

#211 Feb 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Some history apparently you have forgotten--pre-Roe v Wade:
Illegal Abortions Were Common
Estimates of the number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 1960s ranged from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year. One analysis, extrapolating from data from North Carolina, concluded that an estimated 829,000 illegal or self-induced abortions occurred in 1967.
One stark indication of the prevalence of illegal abortion was the death toll. In 1930, abortion was listed as the official cause of death for almost 2,700 women—nearly one-fifth (18%) of maternal deaths recorded in that year. The death toll had declined to just under 1,700 by 1940, and to just over 300 by 1950 (most likely because of the introduction of antibiotics in the 1940s, which permitted more effective treatment of the infections that frequently developed after illegal abortion). By 1965, the number of deaths due to illegal abortion had fallen to just under 200, but illegal abortion still accounted for 17% of all deaths attributed to pregnancy and childbirth that year. And these are just the number that were officially reported; the actual number was likely much higher.
Poor women and their families were disproportionately impacted. A study of low-income women in New York City in the 1960s found that almost one in 10 (8%) had ever attempted to terminate a pregnancy by illegal abortion; almost four in 10 (38%) said that a friend, relative or acquaintance had attempted to obtain an abortion. Of the low-income women in that study who said they had had an abortion, eight in 10 (77%) said that they had attempted a self-induced procedure, with only 2% saying that a physician had been involved in any way.
These women paid a steep price for illegal procedures. In 1962 alone, nearly 1,600 women were admitted to Harlem Hospital Center in New York City for incomplete abortions, which was one abortion-related hospital admission for every 42 deliveries at that hospital that year. In 1968, the University of Southern California Los Angeles County Medical Center, another large public facility serving primarily indigent patients, admitted 701 women with septic abortions, one admission for every 14 deliveries.
A clear racial disparity is evident in the data of mortality because of illegal abortion: In New York City in the early 1960s, one in four childbirth-related deaths among white women was due to abortion; in comparison, abortion accounted for one in two childbirth-related deaths among nonwhite and Puerto Rican women.
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/tgr/06/1/gr060...
What's your point? You post says: "These women paid a steep price for illegal procedures", in that some landed in the hospital or died.

What about the murdered unborn babies?

When do the babies get a choice?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#212 Feb 11, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? You post says: "These women paid a steep price for illegal procedures", in that some landed in the hospital or died.
"Students don't have unions"
Mrs Cleaver

Dublin, OH

#213 Feb 11, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Any clergy person who teaches that the Bible or Christianity and endorses abortion or has a passive attitude towards it, cannot be truly Christian.
That's about as valid as your 9-11-01 remarks, which I was not onboard to read, but will follow you forever.
For all your outrage and haughtiness, you're a fruitcake. Now, this is getting boring.
More coffee, dear?
Mrs Cleaver

Dublin, OH

#214 Feb 11, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, I've been to some progressive churches and even THEY don't condone abortion. Twister - funny!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#215 Feb 12, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>

One of these sentences doesn't go with the other.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#216 Feb 12, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
One of these sentences doesn't go with the other.
the one you typed is a lie.

Location hidden

#217 Feb 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
...These women paid a steep price for illegal procedures....
As previously discussed, your pro-abortion AGI statistics are disputed:

Dr. Bernard Nathanson, one of the original leaders of the American pro-abortion movement and co-founder of NARAL, and who has since become pro-life, admits that he and others in the abortion rights movement intentionally fabricated the number of women who allegedly died as result of illegal abortions.

Regarding the claim by the pro-aborts, that there were 5,000 to 10,000 deaths per year from botched abortions prior to Roe v. Wade, Dr. Nathanson said, "I confess they were totally false, but in the 'morality' of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics. The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason which had to be done was permissible."

The truth is, that in 1972 -- the very year before Roe v. Wade -- only 39 abortion-related deaths were reported, by ERs and morgues, to the CDC.

These woman paid a steep price for murdering their own children.

A mother murdering her own child is unnatural; it is what we recognize as infanticide.
A human in utero is still human; its location does not change the objective fact that it is a human life.

Had these mothers survived, a steep price would still be paid. As Mother Teresa said, "Abortion kills twice. It kills the body of the baby and it kills the conscience of the mother."

Location hidden

#218 Feb 12, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Many landed in the hospital or died.

The point, dear, is that rendering abortion illegal has very little impact on its existence. In other words, fetuses are not saved.

However, when abortion is illegal (or legal abortions are inaccessible), there is no oversight, nor insurance that the procedure is performed by trained medical personnel, no assurance of sanitary conditions. The rate of death (or near death, damage and the like) is very high.

So--maybe you need to dial back a bit on your ha-ha attitude toward the woman who received an abortion in an RV and then died. I would suggest that neither of us knows her story or what drove her to what was clearly a desperate act.

Location hidden

#219 Feb 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Many landed in the hospital or died.
The point, dear, is that rendering abortion illegal has very little impact on its existence. In other words, fetuses are not saved.
However, when abortion is illegal (or legal abortions are inaccessible), there is no oversight, nor insurance that the procedure is performed by trained medical personnel, no assurance of sanitary conditions. The rate of death (or near death, damage and the like) is very high.
So--maybe you need to dial back a bit on your ha-ha attitude toward the woman who received an abortion in an RV and then died. I would suggest that neither of us knows her story or what drove her to what was clearly a desperate act.
Gotta love progressive thought:

A man who abandons his child financially is a low-life POS.
A woman who abandons her child to die is a desperate heroine.

Planet Earth

#220 Feb 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not one word about fifth graders putting condoms on bananas. Program doesn't even start til 7th grade. I did note that the schools who have begun the program were concerned because 1 in 10 6th graders were having sex. And the program was showing declines in sexual activity and teen pregnancy.
I guess that's bad stuff, huh?
No, they graduated to a dldo, but the method is still called the banana method. I'm sure you're familiar with it.

Location hidden

#221 Feb 12, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they graduated to a dldo, but the method is still called the banana method. I'm sure you're familiar with it.
So--I take it you're OK with 1 in 10 sixth graders having sex and a high rate of teen pregnancy.

Planet Earth

#222 Feb 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So--I take it you're OK with 1 in 10 sixth graders having sex and a high rate of teen pregnancy.
I'm OK with competent parents deciding when and how to broach the subject with their own children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COPS lives MATTER 6 min They cannot kill ... 48
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 18 min yeah they are 14
Hand outs 23 min White cop 10
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 27 min Police Crimes 4,838
I found Mr Tea 1 hr White cop 8
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) 2 hr Joyce 393
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 3 hr Joyce 759
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 4 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance