Stopped cars at bridge raise red flag...

Stopped cars at bridge raise red flags | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 36 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 4, 2010, titled Stopped cars at bridge raise red flags | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

More than 40,000 cars and trucks a day cross the Jeremiah Morrow Bridge in Warren County, but it's not the passing vehicles that worry state troopers who patrol the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of being PC

Columbus, OH

#22 Apr 5, 2010
Cheyenne Bodie wrote:
No other reason to be there? Are you kidding me? What about somebody enjoying the wonderful view? That is an awesome bridge. Not everybody is a nutcase, you know.
There are scenic overlooks on south end of the bridge for those who want to take in the view. And they give you an awesome view of the bridge itself.
say what

Medina, OH

#23 Apr 6, 2010
Troll Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, just pay the ticket and let it go.
troll hunter- would that be a fairy tale methical creature that does not exist. A troll who collects revenue- hunter to find poor citizens to collect your revenue from similar to a want be tail light chaser or road nazi. like the patrol, not real or soon disolved for the corrupt activity of breaking the law.
ignore it

Fostoria, OH

#24 Apr 6, 2010
Troll Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, just pay the ticket and let it go.
that's funny. "say what" is always on here usually under the name "change" dogging the highway patrol for whatever reason. he probably used to be a patrolman/trooper or whatever. his rants make me go cross-eyed trying to read them. then he claims every poster is a high ranking member of the patrol. it kills me.
ignore it

Fostoria, OH

#25 Apr 6, 2010
say what wrote:
it seems coincidental that most of the blogs are from Columbus, Ohio where OSPH headquarter's are located. The overpass over S.R. 11 a big rock was thrown over which killed a truck driver, is their yet a high fence over the overpass? No.
a few thoughts:

1. this is the COLUMBUS DISPATCH's web site. the dispatch is read mostly in central ohio. it is no coincidence that mosts of the posts are going to be from the columbus area. i'm sure if you got on the cincinnati enquirer's web site most of the posts would be from hamilton county cities. this is common sense.

2. does the highway patrol mandate when and where to put up fences on bridges? no, they do not. that sounds like a job for odot. troopers have saved people from jumping off brideges. i watched a trooper tackle a jumper before she could make the leap.

3. you need to let your problems go. if you were fired for wrongful reasons or denied a disability retirement then sue. if you have no case then maybe you should just move on. i'm sure the patrol has. i'm sure some of the things you say are absolutely true. however, posting comments isn't going to do squat.

4. you blast troopers as tail light chasers and nazis. yet, you were one. only after being relieved from duty do you now have a disdain for the position. this is where your credibility runs out. if your problem was with management then why take a jab at troops? because you're bitter and jealous. plain and simple.

Since: Apr 10

Columbus, OH

#26 Apr 6, 2010
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I have known this is still American and freedom of speech. it seems coincidental that most of the blogs are from Columbus, Ohio where OSPH headquarters is located.
Hey there Rocket Scientist. Most of the posts are from Columbus, Ohio because this is the message board for the Columbus Dispatch.
Guess where a majority of the readers of the Columbus Dispatch live...
SadWorld

Columbus, OH

#27 Apr 6, 2010
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
troll hunter- would that be a fairy tale methical creature that does not exist. A troll who collects revenue- hunter to find poor citizens to collect your revenue from similar to a want be tail light chaser or road nazi. like the patrol, not real or soon disolved for the corrupt activity of breaking the law.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?...and just an FYI - it's "mythical," not "methical."

Since: Apr 10

Columbus, OH

#28 Apr 6, 2010
SadWorld wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?...and just an FYI - it's "mythical," not "methical."
I imagine you see some pretty interesting creatures when you are on the meth too.

Or, perhaps, the people that take meth and live under a bridge look like trolls?
say what

Medina, OH

#29 Apr 6, 2010
ignore it wrote:
<quoted text>
a few thoughts:
1. this is the COLUMBUS DISPATCH's web site. the dispatch is read mostly in central ohio. it is no coincidence that mosts of the posts are going to be from the columbus area. i'm sure if you got on the cincinnati enquirer's web site most of the posts would be from hamilton county cities. this is common sense.
2. does the highway patrol mandate when and where to put up fences on bridges? no, they do not. that sounds like a job for odot. troopers have saved people from jumping off brideges. i watched a trooper tackle a jumper before she could make the leap.
3. you need to let your problems go. if you were fired for wrongful reasons or denied a disability retirement then sue. if you have no case then maybe you should just move on. i'm sure the patrol has. i'm sure some of the things you say are absolutely true. however, posting comments isn't going to do squat.
4. you blast troopers as tail light chasers and nazis. yet, you were one. only after being relieved from duty do you now have a disdain for the position. this is where your credibility runs out. if your problem was with management then why take a jab at troops? because you're bitter and jealous. plain and simple.
1. If they are not working for the patrol then why the patrol comments and big concern?

2. The patrol can mandate where to put up fences by making some calls to have the fence added. Also you state the specialized training is tackling someone. I bet that took alot of training?

3. You act like the patrol let it go? I guess they did, when upper management called my residence and made threats, give bad references, and target family members for going 5 miles over the speed limit. Why do you say posting comments isn't going to do squat, when it got your attention.

4. Bitter and Jealeous, Not, The public needs to know how the patrol acts.

Why do you go by the name ignore it.
well yea

New Carlisle, OH

#31 Apr 9, 2010
if they want to jump let em
Buck i

United States

#32 Apr 23, 2010
say what wrote:
The article states the patrol has specialized training in dealing with suicides. What training? Then you have a severely depressed person ready to jump, then for some reason he decides not to jump. He/She is issued a citation for inducing panic how logical. A depressed person is given a ticket to aid in the depression. Then again if the person jumps. The troopers say they did not get their in time. If they do not jump then they beat their chests like a bunch of baboons and act like they saved someone's life. Then finally issued the person a ticket for not being in their right state of mind. This really makes me proud. You have a trooper drive to fast, and his coach is sitting next to him and is killed. The trooper is considered a hero. The coach is responsible for his cub and should be charged with murder. The patrol is the master of deception.
Its clear say what read the article and made his/her own assumption of enforcement on the particular violation. The article specifically says that violators could be issued a citation, but officers get the subjects medical attention....attention to detail "say what"!!
oops

New Carlisle, OH

#33 Apr 24, 2010
let em jump - population management - better for them to jump off a bridge than to become a workplace shooter
MsThing

Hilliard, OH

#34 Apr 29, 2010
Suicide is about all that bridge is known for.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#35 Apr 29, 2010
A higher wall is going to spoil the view when driving over the bridge.
Hat Screwed To Head

Cincinnati, OH

#36 Apr 4, 2014
Troopers are nothing more than meter maids with hats that are screwed to their heads to try and make themselves look like drill sergeants or like they have served their country.
All the ones I know are pretty heavy drinkers and drivers, it's amazing how the law is applied.
What

Sidney, OH

#37 Feb 20, 2015
Why isn't their two troopers assigned to each patrol car, would this also be Officer Safety. If you put two in the same car, how would they hide on four sides of the donut shop in six cars, or gang up oh the strip malls to discuss their greatness? Your not thinking!
Helicopter Suicides

Blacklick, OH

#38 Feb 20, 2015
Can you take us up higher? How high will this thing go? We... uhhh... want a real good view of the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 2 min Reality 229
Jonjedi Ohio is Gone 3 min jonjedi 1
I love Shopping KMart, Sears, Meijer.Where Do y... 4 min Reality 59
Trump and Pence losing popularity 11 min Reality 10
News Three companies offered tax incentives that cou... 13 min Reality 1
Russia Hates USA,Loves Trump. Electors voting f... 49 min Reality Speaks 535
Girls what your dirtiest fantasy? 57 min Reality Speaks 2
Donald Trump Administration 2 hr Trooff 786
Odds of Trump's impeachment 2 hr Big Johnson 327

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages