Murphys law

Wakeman, OH

#107 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not only is it a POLITICAL position, but she has also revealed herself to be incompetent to carry out the basic duties of the position.
Her freedom of speech is not in question.
But you seem to think that she is entitled to lead schools in the State of Ohio.
Are you aware of how the SBOE works?

The person in question is an SBOE member, not the Superintendent of Public Instruction or whatever it is called here.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#108 Jan 23, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>She says she has a degree in engineering. Have you ever met an engineer who acts like that?
Looks like we have yet another phony NE Ohioan out of their element here. She sounds like female's daughter.
Well, I've met an international relations expert who acts about the same.
WIZARD

Cleveland, OH

#109 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>We've seen you here before. You played both sided of the fence with the other name.
Nope! not I
Sorry
And my mind is good, thank you very much!
Although I think yours is on the brink after losing the election.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#110 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Johnson? No...he's an intersex relations expert.
Ohio Attorney

Circleville, OH

#111 Jan 23, 2013
Good grief,what a bunch of hypocritical democrats. If you don't like it, leave!
Murphys law

Wakeman, OH

#112 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if there is any means for impeachment--but I'm pretty certain it doesn't rest in the legislature.
The legislature's only role--so far as I can tell--is to confirm the Gov's appointments. And Terhar was not appointed, she was elected.
However, the Gov is widely known to have engineered her election as President in her first term, upsetting the apple cart for Rob Hovis--a long-time member. There were rumors of promised appointments, etc to other members to buy their votes.
He also manhandled the resignation of Deb Deslisle, former Supt, who is hired by the Board. He sent his henchmen to inform her that if she did not resign, he had the votes on the Board to fire her. Nice, huh?
So--if Kasich says "jump," odds are, she'll jump.
Eight board members are governor appointees, therefore they will almost certainly be in alignment with the governor.

If the eight vote this way, it needs only one other board member, plus the new president, to vote them in as president.

That isn't sketchy, it's the political system in action.

"rumors" are just that.

If you have the votes, you win? I seem to remember "this is what democracy looks like" from certain union protestors after they defeated SB5.

Leftist butthurt over that, is just that, butthurt. The teaching of evolution is not banned, the board is not all white males, and no evidence of corruption has arisen.

Seriously, quit whining. The left in this state will lose in 2014 because they have no ideas, all they do is whine that Preacher Ted is gone. They resemble the national left's characterization of the GOP as the "Party of No"

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#113 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And we're all acquainted with an Educator displaying the manners of a Soviet peasant as the chips and dip departed Dick's Den.

Location hidden

#114 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>If there's anyone on this thread demonstrating impaired cognitive ability due to substance abuse, it's you. No doubt with your attitude you're a practitioner of self-abuse as well.
Self abuse?

Are you trying to say that she MAS-TER-BATES?

Most healthy humans do, you know.

LOL

Hilliard, OH

#115 Jan 23, 2013
WIZARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! not I
Sorry
And my mind is good, thank you very much!
Although I think yours is on the brink after losing the election.
On the brink of what? Watching the implosion of this administration as evidenced by today's Congressional testimony? I look forward to it as well as seeing the policies of your "president" leading to hunger and hypothermia foe a huge number of those who voted for him.
We'll see who is on the brink then...
Murphys law

Wakeman, OH

#116 Jan 23, 2013
Err, I didn't read about this guy, but he left as soon as the report surfaced.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Stan_He...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#117 Jan 23, 2013
Murphys law wrote:
<quoted text>
Apocryphal Hiter Quote:
"Death camps could be an option, slave labor could be an option, the Madagascar Plan could be an option"
While the quote is not real, would someone saying this be agitating for genocide or not?
Would you like some red herring?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#118 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>Of course it does. You actually think you can guilt someone into silence by trying to use their own religion against them. That has a zero percent chance of success.
No, I think you're an arrogant ass, regardless of your politics.

Is that such a difficult concept for you?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#119 Jan 23, 2013
<quoted text>We've seen you here before. You played both sided of the fence with the other name.
By the way Paco...been meaning to ask, what's the next couple of names you got in the cooker?

woof
Murphys law

Wellington, OH

#120 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Touche, Toure

Hilliard, OH

#121 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way Paco...been meaning to ask, what's the next couple of names you got in the cooker?
woof
I might try something having to do with black lawyers...

Hilliard, OH

#122 Jan 23, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Odd...you seem to reach that conclusion about all conservatives.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#123 Jan 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
of Deb Terhar, Governor Kasich's hand-picked State School Board President.
Not sufficiently embarrassing that she is a vocal Tea Partier and home school advocate. Apparently she also doesn't understand that what you put on Facebook is not exactly private. And to top it all off, she got her history wrong.
Apparently Ms. Terhar is also pro-gun and sufficiently anti-Obama to see nothing wrong with posting a Hitler picture with a comparison to the President's proposed gun policies. And the Hitler picture was adorned with a quote that is attributable to Hitler only by the pro-gun lobby (in other words, there is no evidence he ever said it at all) making a historically inaccurate claim that Hitler disarmed the German population.
The woman is entitled to her views, however extreme. And she is entitled to publish them.
However, she has no entitlement to the Presidency of the State Board of Education. And her plain and willful ignorance simply makes us, as a state, look stupid.
If Kasich cannot get her to resign, he certainly knows how to force a person out.
this is nothing in comparison to Benghazi cover up from Obama and Clinton.

speeding vs murder is a good comparison
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#124 Jan 23, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really 85 years old, aren't you?
with age you gain wisdom

when you grow up, you will understand

Location hidden

#125 Jan 23, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is the employer. Private employers can set consequences for employees' free speech, on or off duty (they are not bound by the first amendment). But PUBLIC employees are by law protected from such because it would be a violation of the first amendment ("Congress shall make no law..."). Otherwise, you'd have public employees being fired for things like having the wrong bumper sticker on their car (and it often used to be that way before Branti v Finkel). Generally, to remove a public employee for speech, they have to prove that it significantly hampers the function of the agency the employee works for.
And that is precisely the issue here, Tony.

The agency for which Terhar is responsible (the State Board hires and fires the State Superintendent) is responsible for ensuring that students in Ohio are taught such things as critical thinking and how to recognize propaganda and its uses.

Terhar just exhibited a massive fail in those areas.
Murphys law

Wellington, OH

#126 Jan 23, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
with age you gain wisdom
when you grow up, you will understand
My grandma is 85, she knows that Social Security is soon to be broke, is pro-Israel and votes down school levies.

She votes a straight Democrat ticket, the last R she voted for was Voinovich.

That isn't wisdom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 min Go Blue Forever 3,575
Catman Dave 6 min Pope Che Reagan C... 17
Should Obama be impeached due to Benghazi, IRS ... (May '13) 9 min Canterbury 452
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 44 min Pope Che Reagan C... 104
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 48 min Male 64
Can the White House really be protected? 48 min Duke for Mayor 15
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 31,507
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Concerned Brother 963

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]