|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I heard there were 6 State Board members requesting a special meeting to discuss the issue. I believe this is about 4-6 short of the number required to force a meeting. Terhar could decide to have one anyway. The next regularly scheduled meeting is Feb--second week, I believe.
There are certainly plenty of reasons that she makes a bad example for children: bad history, disrespect for the President, spreading propaganda. Perhaps one could make a case that she is not the best person to support our schools in being weapon-free zones.
I think at the end of the day, however, Kasich has sufficient Board members in his pocket to prevent anything very serious from happening.
Sad.
Lese Majeste

That's what you are advocating

SBOE has 8 members appointed by the Governor, it's virtually assured that it will do what the Governor wants.

The schools are not "gun free zones" automatically, the local board of education can authorize any employee to be armed. Some already have.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
Furthermore, it is completely dangerous and mirepresenting the ideals and concepts of democracy when you demand that all politicians keep their political views silent because you do not agree with them. Our country was never designed to act this way and the first amendment as well as the constitution provides for the freedom to speech. It is so inherent in the US system of government that anyone who says anything in congress is constitutionally protected from prosecution. The entire idea of having different opinions on matters and being able to express those opinions is ingrained since the very beginning of the country and was a direct push away from traditional procedures where you could be arrested and swept away into obscurity for expressing anything that wasn't in line with the crown.
I know a lot of you democrats have little respect for the over 200 year old document we refer to as the constitution. I know a lot of you manipulate and attempt to change the meanings of wordings if you can find it suits your purpose. This is a very dangerous and poisonous well you are drinking from when you are trying to claim a politician cannot have political ideals or speech unless you agree with it. What would happen when your political foe decides to take the same tactic and all the sudden every democrat that spoke out against something was forced out of office by the opposition party.
Once again, stupid libs are not thinking things through. If an elected official looses their political speech, then so does all elected officials. Where were you idiots when Sherod Brown started comparing politicians to Hitler and Stalin? I guess it didn't matter back then because it was to your political advantage.
My gawd, you libs seem so freaking stupid- it's as if you would cut your own throats if you thought it could be to your advantage. Get a spine and stand up for what is right for once.
What Terhar published on her FB page was not only political in nature, it was blatantly dishonest and manipulative.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lese Majeste
That's what you are advocating
SBOE has 8 members appointed by the Governor, it's virtually assured that it will do what the Governor wants.
The schools are not "gun free zones" automatically, the local board of education can authorize any employee to be armed. Some already have.
In fact, the majority of SB members are still elected--although the number of appointees is larger than it once was.

However, there are various state and federal regulations that require specific policies in schools with regard to weapons.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What Terhar published on her FB page was not only political in nature, it was blatantly dishonest and manipulative.
You make it sound like it was Holocaust denial
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
It was neither dishonest or manipulative, it was a political speech that she is entitled to have and make. The effectiveness or how damaging it is to whomever you like is all besides the point and has nothing to do with her right to make that speech. You are in essence saying that because you do no like it, she can't make it or can't participate in government because it was made.

Before we go any further, should Sherod Brown be allowed to be in government? He made the comments referring to Hitler and Stalin.

But yes, the quote is not an exact translation of anything Hitler has been on record as saying. That however does not mean it wasn't said or that it isn't the exact sentiment derived from several similar things he did say. One of his chancellors made a very similar comment (almost word for word) but he was referring more to rewriting history in order to conquer a nation. You also have the problem of Hitler speaking in German and not English. It very well could be that several of his comments were translated to the saying by someone who is fluent enough to get the sentiment of what was said but novice enough to not be capable of a line for line translation.

It doesn't matter though. Hitler and Saddam were elected, both disarmed people they didn't like, and both became brutal dictators. The political speech is valid even if not historically accurate.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, the majority of SB members are still elected--although the number of appointees is larger than it once was.
However, there are various state and federal regulations that require specific policies in schools with regard to weapons.
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8760

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Saddam were elected,
Saddam never won a free election, the NSDAP did. He got into power via pushing the previous President of Iraq aside, a "soft coup"
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam never won a free election, the NSDAP did. He got into power via pushing the previous President of Iraq aside, a "soft coup"
Yep, you are correct. I don't know why I thought he was originally elected as the vice president before seizing power.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••