|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
of Deb Terhar, Governor Kasich's hand-picked State School Board President.
Not sufficiently embarrassing that she is a vocal Tea Partier and home school advocate. Apparently she also doesn't understand that what you put on Facebook is not exactly private. And to top it all off, she got her history wrong.
Thanks for the share Reader! We'll have to get on this campaign right away.....writing my letter now.....

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Progressive Ohioan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the share Reader! We'll have to get on this campaign right away.....writing my letter now.....
So much for the leftists and the First Amendment, huh? Are you going to write about the things Eric Holder and Joe Biden have said?
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ha.. This is so funny. The left cries about free speech and then do this when someone they don't like used their free speech or the free speech isn't glorifying thier supreme leader. The left has quite frequently compared Bush to Hitler and now they want this woman fired because of political speech on her private time that has nothing to do with her position.

I guess I'll be writing my letter too. I bet it carries more weight because it is grounded in rational thought as apposed to the ones criticizing this woman and demanding her resignation or removal for exercising her free speech rights.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
...making a historically inaccurate claim that Hitler disarmed the German population...
Hitler merely disarmed his political opponents -- deemed "enemies of the state" -- and Jews.

Things were really peachy for those German citizens following their disarmament, no?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler merely disarmed his political opponents -- deemed "enemies of the state" -- and Jews.
Things were really peachy for those German citizens following their disarmament, no?
It was pretty peachy for the English, French, Americans and Russians too. And they all had lots of guns.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pretty peachy for the English, French, Americans and Russians too. And they all had lots of guns.
Deflection FAIL.

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>The left cries about free speech and then do this when someone they don't like used their free speech or the free speech isn't glorifying thier supreme leader.
She can say/write/post anything that she wants. This is not a free speech issue. There are consequences to her actions, however. As a public employee school board member, she has a responsibility for some sense of civility as a leader. Facebooking a comparison of the President to Hitler is irresponsible and immature behavior unworthy of a School Board member and she needs to go.

Kind of like what the Right did to the Dixie Chicks albums and sales when they came out against Bush regarding Iraq......Oh wait a minute....it's NOTHING like that....
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflection FAIL.
I don't know what that means.
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
She can say/write/post anything that she wants. This is not a free speech issue. There are consequences to her actions, however. As a public employee school board member, she has a responsibility for some sense of civility as a leader. Facebooking a comparison of the President to Hitler is irresponsible and immature behavior unworthy of a School Board member and she needs to go.
Kind of like what the Right did to the Dixie Chicks albums and sales when they came out against Bush regarding Iraq......Oh wait a minute....it's NOTHING like that....
So you are saying that when someone works for the government, they lose their right to free speech or risk losing their government job if they say something that offends you? I'm pretty sure I already said that is what was funny. It's all one sided too. The left acts like asses and they demand it is free speech, the right does the same and it's off with their heads.

Also, you can treat this women like the dixie chicks and not buy anything from her or that she has made. But I do not remember anyone trying to get the government to ban the dixie chicks from making records, having concerts, or being on the air. When you say kind of like, it is as if you are comparing a car to a zebra- You may see a picture of either of them in your life time but that's about where the similarities end.

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So you are saying that when someone works for the government, they lose their right to free speech or risk losing their government job if they say something that offends you?
What I'm saying is that the State School Board Superintendent has a responsibility to be mature and posting fake quotes comparing the President to Hitler is an immature, irresponsible way to conduct herself. She's allowed to say it, but there are consequences.

Go into YOUR job and post something on Facebook comparing your boss to Hitler. What do you think will happen???

It's stupid to respond to this anyway. You thugs will find anything with which to attempt to demean the President and we know this. We know full well the wrath of the Republican Party when someone disagrees with them between your Limbaughs, your Hannitys and your Gretas and you would do the exact same thing if a State Leader disrespected your precious wittle Bushie.....moot point and I'm movin' on!
Adif understanding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What I'm saying is that the State School Board Superintendent has a responsibility to be mature and posting fake quotes comparing the President to Hitler is an immature, irresponsible way to conduct herself. She's allowed to say it, but there are consequences.
Go into YOUR job and post something on Facebook comparing your boss to Hitler. What do you think will happen???
It's stupid to respond to this anyway. You thugs will find anything with which to attempt to demean the President and we know this. We know full well the wrath of the Republican Party when someone disagrees with them between your Limbaughs, your Hannitys and your Gretas and you would do the exact same thing if a State Leader disrespected your precious wittle Bushie.....moot point and I'm movin' on!
Lol.. First, the state school board superintendent's boss is not the president of the US. It is the governor of ohio. Second, not matter if you think it is as offensive as burning a flag or pissing in a jar then dropping a crucifix in it, it was her free political speech that you are crying about.
This is different then you bashing a coworker or a boss or a company you work for because those people are not politicians nor does she work for or with them.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

If this had been 2005 and bush was president and this woman did the same thing, most of you would be applauding her and this wouldn't be news.

The problem is the left can't handle when the right exercises their rights, but cries foul when their rights are not left alone.

You don't want me (someone who has more education than the majority if the population) and no criminal record to not be allowed to own an AR15 or a magazine that holds 30 rounds, but if someone says you can't get an abortion in the 3rd trimester or that two men can't marry or adopt and it's the end of the world.

That's why I dropped the D behind my voting ballot years ago and it says I now. I can't take the hypocrisy. The minority's rights are always more important when it comes to the left unless those are the rights of the right. Then well it doesn't matter.
Murphys Law

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
of Deb Terhar, Governor Kasich's hand-picked State School Board President.
Not sufficiently embarrassing that she is a vocal Tea Partier and home school advocate. Apparently she also doesn't understand that what you put on Facebook is not exactly private. And to top it all off, she got her history wrong.
Apparently Ms. Terhar is also pro-gun and sufficiently anti-Obama to see nothing wrong with posting a Hitler picture with a comparison to the President's proposed gun policies. And the Hitler picture was adorned with a quote that is attributable to Hitler only by the pro-gun lobby (in other words, there is no evidence he ever said it at all) making a historically inaccurate claim that Hitler disarmed the German population.
The woman is entitled to her views, however extreme. And she is entitled to publish them.
However, she has no entitlement to the Presidency of the State Board of Education. And her plain and willful ignorance simply makes us, as a state, look stupid.
If Kasich cannot get her to resign, he certainly knows how to force a person out.
Tehrar is an elected politician, how can the Governor remove her?
Murphys Law

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide the name and a citation for any single person you believe to be agitating for gun confiscations.
Andrew Cuomo, occupier of the New York Governorship, former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Attorney General of the State of New York.

"Confiscation could be an option, mandatory sale to the state could be an option"
Murphys Law

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I didn't do any posting yesterday evening, but I do feel that she should resign.
Murphys Law

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/0...

US Senator is more prominent, Brown did apologize, but by your standards, shouldn't he have resigned?
Murphys Law

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

<quoted text>Lol.. First, the state school board superintendent's boss is not the president of the US. It is the governor of ohio. Second, not matter if you think it is as offensive as burning a flag or pissing in a jar then dropping a crucifix in it, it was her free political speech that you are crying about.
This is different then you bashing a coworker or a boss or a company you work for because those people are not politicians nor does she work for or with them.
As far as I know, she is independently elected, and therefore answerable to only impeachment in the legislature.

I presume that being "President of the Board" is chosen by the board members themselves, but I am not sure of this, if I have time I will look it up.
WIZARD

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>So the lying, leftist cowardly loudmouthed woman takes her ball and goes home. Good riddance, you silly broad.
LYING?
Taking my ball home? Broad? Cowardly?
HA
I am not lying, about anything, moron.
As far as the ball, it's in your court.......
Why, I believe, you're a closet coward but to save face, you act all tough and mean, to keep up with the rest of the idiots, who need to grow up on this forum. If, in fact, you really did have a college education, you would be more intelligent with your posts, you wouldn't need to demean and condemn people who disagree with your opinion. Intelligent men don't talk like you , like they just crawled out of the gutter.
You're not fooling me, one bit!
You remind me of a whining little brat who stamps his feet and throws himself on the floor to get all the attention. BAD attention.
Go play in traffic now.....

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

WIZARD wrote:
<quoted text>
LYING?
Taking my ball home? Broad? Cowardly?
HA
I am not lying, about anything, moron.
As far as the ball, it's in your court.......
Why, I believe, you're a closet coward but to save face, you act all tough and mean, to keep up with the rest of the idiots, who need to grow up on this forum. If, in fact, you really did have a college education, you would be more intelligent with your posts, you wouldn't need to demean and condemn people who disagree with your opinion. Intelligent men don't talk like you , like they just crawled out of the gutter.
You're not fooling me, one bit!
You remind me of a whining little brat who stamps his feet and throws himself on the floor to get all the attention. BAD attention.
Go play in traffic now.....
Well that post just screams maturity...

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Well that post just screams maturity...
She says she has a degree in engineering. Have you ever met an engineer who acts like that?
Looks like we have yet another phony NE Ohioan out of their element here. She sounds like female's daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 14 min d pantz 15
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 48 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,240
Fake ID scammers 1 hr Bruce Wane 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr Blow me 2,220
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr d pantz 2,217
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 6 hr xxxrayted 13
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 9 hr Caesar Obamus 36
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Franklin County was issued at July 26 at 3:30PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••