Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 22, 2014
http://os.care2.com/care2/ #!/entry/should-animal-rights- trump-religious-freedom-denmar k-says-yes,5307fdf7025312186cd 53874/1

What say you?

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#2 Feb 22, 2014
This is barbaric!
Maybe in the days of pioneer farms, farmers killed their livestock to eat but in today's age, this is cruel behavior and should be stopped.
Frankly, I am appalled! How do those men sleep at night?
The humane way is to do it quickly so as the animal does not suffer.
The video was sickening!
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 22, 2014
My religion says animals are people too.
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
My religion says animals are people too.
so you eat people?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#5 Feb 22, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
This is barbaric!
Maybe in the days of pioneer farms, farmers killed their livestock to eat but in today's age, this is cruel behavior and should be stopped.
Frankly, I am appalled! How do those men sleep at night?
The humane way is to do it quickly so as the animal does not suffer.
The video was sickening!
The link was incomplete which story is the kne you're talking about

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 22, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
The link was incomplete which story is the kne you're talking about
http://os.care2.com/care2/ #!/entry/should-animal-rights- trump-religious-freedom-denmar k-says-yes,5307fdf7025312186cd 53874

Sorry about that.....

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 22, 2014
I don't know why this link won't post right.
Sorry

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2014
Aardvark

Toledo, OH

#9 Feb 22, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://os.care2.com/care2/ #!/entry/should-animal-rights- trump-religious-freedom-denmar k-says-yes,5307fdf7025312186cd 53874
Sorry about that.....
For some reason only the first part comes up as a link.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#10 Feb 22, 2014
If you are talking about Kosher meat being banned in Denmark, just remember these are same people that kill giraffes rather than trading them.

When I butcher it.is pretty close to kosher.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 22, 2014
Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/pq7z46m

I use tinyurl.com to shorten long links in posts. Sometimes they get malformed in posting, sometimes they don't always come through the auto censors here.

I'm not certain I see any controversy about this. I don't know a lot about Muslim Halal practices, but Jewish kosher practices have been in places for millenim--since Biblical times. Here are the Kosher practices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shechita
http://www.grandin.com/ritual/rec.ritual.slau... (this is from Temple Grandin's website--google her further, very interesting woman).

I'd tend to view this as religious intolerance.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 22, 2014
^^millenium^^^

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#13 Feb 22, 2014
Sorry about this. When I viewed the site, I swiped the screen on my iPad....maybe that's the problem.
But you get the idea of the article.

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 22, 2014
If you are talking about Kosher meat being banned in Denmark, just remember these are same people that kill giraffes rather than trading them.
When I butcher it.is pretty close to kosher.
You slit their throat and let them bleed instead of shooting them in the head for an agony free death?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#15 Feb 22, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You slit their throat and let them bleed instead of shooting them in the head for an agony free death?
I do if I am going to have fried brains. Otherwise they get shot in the head and hung up immediately slit open etc. Want the blood to drain out. Rabbits I hold by ears and hit then on back of head with a hammer handle. Turtles I get them to bite a stick pull their head out as far as they will go and chop off the head with a pole axe.

People on the other hand.... I don't put limits on ways to terminate them.

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
I do if I am going to have fried brains. Otherwise they get shot in the head and hung up immediately slit open etc. Want the blood to drain out. Rabbits I hold by ears and hit then on back of head with a hammer handle. Turtles I get them to bite a stick pull their head out as far as they will go and chop off the head with a pole axe.
People on the other hand.... I don't put limits on ways to terminate them.
Oh...ok. I'll pass on the brains.....lol
My grandfather used to cook lamb's head and eat all of it. Brains, eyeballs, etc. It was considered a delicacy.
Never had turtle...don't want to....
BTW....how big a turtle are we talking? And what do you make with it besides turtle soup?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#17 Feb 22, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather used to cook lamb's head and eat all of it. Brains, eyeballs, etc. It was considered a delicacy.
BTW....how big a turtle are we talking? And what do you make with it besides turtle soup?
I got one that was cross a well road that was too big to fit into a 55 gallon drum. Most though I trade for.with the hillbilly crowd are about 1 1/2 the size of a five.gallon bucket. I roll the pieces in flour and fry it with real butter in a cast iron skillet. My Grandmother will boil it some and pull the meat from the bones and put them in sage dressing.

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 22, 2014
<quoted text>
I got one that was cross a well road that was too big to fit into a 55 gallon drum. Most though I trade for.with the hillbilly crowd are about 1 1/2 the size of a five.gallon bucket. I roll the pieces in flour and fry it with real butter in a cast iron skillet. My Grandmother will boil it some and pull the meat from the bones and put them in sage dressing.
Big turtle!
I imagine it's a lot of work....must be really tasty.
Awww, How old is Grandmother? Sounds like a dear!

If you want to see big...go to Florida turtle rescue place???OMG, they're huge!
They catch injured sea turtles nurse them back to health then release them into the ocean.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Feb 22, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Turtle soup is delicious, Bizzy. Yes, like Spook, I pretty much witnessed the domestic animals throats being cut, after they were hung upside down, and they bled out. I think it's painless to the animal. Not alot of it as our place as it was a horse farm. The chickens, they'd chop their heads off with a hatchet and let them flap around the ground until they died. I never saw a cow slaughtered.

Gross...some places the men wait for the mammal's fresh blood to congeal and then eat it spread on crackers!

Of course, what the men killed hunting was dead when it got home. My uncle would take the wings off the duck, geese and doves and give them to me to play with. Then he'd pick the bodies. Deer went straight to the butcher's. I don't like venison anyway.

Funny it didn't bother me as I am the animal lover of all time. Guess it's just the way you're raised. I remember picking the buck shot out of duck sandwiches and I was LITTLE. Pre-school.

I love veal but stopped eating it when I was old enough to understand it was calves meat and, commerically, they were taken from their mother's and milk fed, confined in a tight stall so they would not form muscle and then slaughterd so young.

Well, that's a long enough walk down memory lane for now.

“My Honey is frozen! ”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 22, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Turtle soup is delicious, Bizzy. Yes, like Spook, I pretty much witnessed the domestic animals throats being cut, after they were hung upside down, and they bled out. I think it's painless to the animal. Not alot of it as our place as it was a horse farm. The chickens, they'd chop their heads off with a hatchet and let them flap around the ground until they died. I never saw a cow slaughtered.
Gross...some places the men wait for the mammal's fresh blood to congeal and then eat it spread on crackers!
Of course, what the men killed hunting was dead when it got home. My uncle would take the wings off the duck, geese and doves and give them to me to play with. Then he'd pick the bodies. Deer went straight to the butcher's. I don't like venison anyway.
Funny it didn't bother me as I am the animal lover of all time. Guess it's just the way you're raised. I remember picking the buck shot out of duck sandwiches and I was LITTLE. Pre-school.
I love veal but stopped eating it when I was old enough to understand it was calves meat and, commerically, they were taken from their mother's and milk fed, confined in a tight stall so they would not form muscle and then slaughterd so young.
Well, that's a long enough walk down memory lane for now.
There was a video on that site showing them slicing the animals throat and they struggled for many minutes. It would be easier to shoot them in the head ....it's more humane.
I, too, don't eat veal....probably about 30 years now! For the same reason!
I remember when I was young, my uncles would come back from a hunt and then skin them. It's a good thing we didn't break a tooth on that buckshot! Ping! I remember that very well. LOLOLOLOL .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The whiners got thier way again 2 min Big Johnson 5
Obama issues threat to ICE agent 8 min They cannot kill ... 34
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 9 min U call THAT Reality 5,764
Austria passes laws to regulate Islam Muslims 36 min Oliver Canterberry 1
Muslim convert in Oklahoma 'BEHEADS woman 41 min Oliver Canterberry 160
Scotty Walker: Sarah Palin Version 2.0 54 min Duke for Mayor 12
Maps of interest 1 hr Devil Kyle Obama ... 9
Every state has ISIS recruits 3 hr Reality Speaks 113
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]