ABC News--Oops, our bad

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#122 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Now there's a really good example of how you earned the name, "Twister." Liar is a more accurate term.
And recall, dear...that little 14 year old tramp in the famous picture survived, but she wasn't a student. State college campuses then were full of outside agitators.
You calling the FBI and CIA outside agitators?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#123 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I'm saying Reader acts as their official representative on Topix. You've been here long enough to see her in action.
Honestly, I can't say that I follow everything she writes (no offense, Reader). I tend not to get involved in these long, drawn-out arguments that apparently have been going on for years.

And what's wrong if she does want to speak up for them? What's wrong with that? People are supposed to speak up for those who don't have as strong of a voice.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#124 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>She'd never be anywhere near fools burning down ROTC buildings and throwing bottles at armed Guardsmen.
Nobody with common sense would. No wonder you people canonized those tools.
Uh-oh! Gokeefe! There's that "you people" again!!! lol

I don't canonize anyone. I don't advocate violence - not for the hippies, not for the government. Stop trying so hard to assume you know anything about me and my opinions. All you know of me is the bits of information I put on here.

The thing about parents who say, "my kid would never" are often the ones who are left saying, "I just can't believe it." Never say never, never say always.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#125 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Yet everyone believed Deep Throat for over 25 years...
Did that information manifest itself? When you have a high-ranking military member speaking out against this "anonymous source," I'd say you have a problem.

Since: Apr 13

Columbus, OH

#126 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Talk to Clinton about that, dear.
Um, 9/11 didn't happen under his watch. When Clinton was warned of an impending attack, he took action, he didn't go on vacation for over a month and leave Gore in charge.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#127 May 20, 2013
I'm going out to have a saison. You all enjoy yourselves on here.

Location hidden

#128 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>She'd never be anywhere near fools burning down ROTC buildings and throwing bottles at armed Guardsmen.
Nobody with common sense would. No wonder you people canonized those tools.
From your favorite, Wiki:

Killed (and approximate distance from the National Guard):
Jeffrey Glenn Miller; age 20; 265 ft (81 m) shot through the mouth; killed instantly
Allison B. Krause; age 19; 343 ft (105 m) fatal left chest wound; died later that day
William Knox Schroeder; age 19; 382 ft (116 m) fatal chest wound; died almost an hour later in a hospital while undergoing surgery
Sandra Lee Scheuer; age 20; 390 ft (120 m) fatal neck wound; died a few minutes later from loss of blood

Wounded (and approximate distance from the National Guard):
Joseph Lewis Jr.; 71 ft (22 m); hit twice in the right abdomen and left lower leg
John R. Cleary; 110 ft (34 m); upper left chest wound
Thomas Mark Grace; 225 ft (69 m); struck in left ankle
Alan Michael Canfora; 225 ft (69 m); hit in his right wrist
Dean R. Kahler; 300 ft (91 m); back wound fracturing the vertebrae, permanently paralyzed from the chest down
Douglas Alan Wrentmore; 329 ft (100 m); hit in his right knee
James Dennis Russell; 375 ft (114 m); hit in his right thigh from a bullet and in the right forehead by birdshot, both wounds minor
Robert Follis Stamps; 495 ft (151 m); hit in his right buttock
Donald Scott MacKenzie; 750 ft (230 m); neck wound

In the Presidents Commission on Campus Unrest (pp. 273–274) they mistakenly list Thomas V. Grace, who is Thomas Mark Grace's father, as the Thomas Grace injured.

All those shot were students in good standing at the university.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#129 May 20, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making false assumptions and proclamations about me. You are a coward.
A draft dodger at least has the courage to challenge the federal system.
Now draft dodgers were COURAGEOUS! Kosmik, you are many things...consistent ain't one of them.
Have another hit off that doob, dude.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#130 May 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that information manifest itself? When you have a high-ranking military member speaking out against this "anonymous source," I'd say you have a problem.
You do know that Deep Throat was revealed years ago, right?

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#131 May 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh! Gokeefe! There's that "you people" again!!! lol
I don't canonize anyone. I don't advocate violence - not for the hippies, not for the government. Stop trying so hard to assume you know anything about me and my opinions. All you know of me is the bits of information I put on here.
The thing about parents who say, "my kid would never" are often the ones who are left saying, "I just can't believe it." Never say never, never say always.
When you raise two kids to adulthood, I'll take your opinion seriously.

Location hidden

#132 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Yet everyone believed Deep Throat for over 25 years...
I'll bet you adored Linda Lovelace.

Location hidden

#133 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>So, advice is control and nobody can share common beliefs in a family except by control...
You are mentally ill, Reader.
Advice allows freedom to choose.

Your blind assumption that your children will always choose to agree with you is an unwise one.

Columbus, OH

#134 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah...my education, workplace experience and family history have nothing to do with it /sarc
Get this through your thick, smoke filled skull: Those who didn't serve in the military are NOT second class citizens. If they are (and it's obviously that way in your mind) then what of Barack Obama and Joe Biden?
You don't get it, do you? It's people who have lacked the intestinal fortitude to serve and then try to preach to the nation their wrongheaded beliefs, with the claim that the military is behind them who I find disdainful.

By treating those of differing opinion socially and politically as something less, you have relegated yourself to second class citizenry.

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#135 May 20, 2013
St of Circumstance wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, 9/11 didn't happen under his watch. When Clinton was warned of an impending attack, he took action, he didn't go on vacation for over a month and leave Gore in charge.
How many times do I have to post this and then hear crickets from you people afterwards?

NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government. It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture bin Laden. Critics call it a missed opportunity.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4540958/ns/nbcnight...

Bin Laden Lived To Fight Another Day--Thanks To Bill Clinton
http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2011/...

-Clayton Bigsby

Hilliard, OH

#136 May 20, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
From your favorite, Wiki:
Killed (and approximate distance from the National Guard):
Jeffrey Glenn Miller; age 20; 265 ft (81 m) shot through the mouth; killed instantly
Allison B. Krause; age 19; 343 ft (105 m) fatal left chest wound; died later that day
William Knox Schroeder; age 19; 382 ft (116 m) fatal chest wound; died almost an hour later in a hospital while undergoing surgery
Sandra Lee Scheuer; age 20; 390 ft (120 m) fatal neck wound; died a few minutes later from loss of blood
Wounded (and approximate distance from the National Guard):
Joseph Lewis Jr.; 71 ft (22 m); hit twice in the right abdomen and left lower leg
John R. Cleary; 110 ft (34 m); upper left chest wound
Thomas Mark Grace; 225 ft (69 m); struck in left ankle
Alan Michael Canfora; 225 ft (69 m); hit in his right wrist
Dean R. Kahler; 300 ft (91 m); back wound fracturing the vertebrae, permanently paralyzed from the chest down
Douglas Alan Wrentmore; 329 ft (100 m); hit in his right knee
James Dennis Russell; 375 ft (114 m); hit in his right thigh from a bullet and in the right forehead by birdshot, both wounds minor
Robert Follis Stamps; 495 ft (151 m); hit in his right buttock
Donald Scott MacKenzie; 750 ft (230 m); neck wound
In the Presidents Commission on Campus Unrest (pp. 273–274) they mistakenly list Thomas V. Grace, who is Thomas Mark Grace's father, as the Thomas Grace injured.
All those shot were students in good standing at the university.
And dead for two reasons:
1) Their hippie friends were at war with the society.
2) They didn't have the common sense to stay away from the action.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#137 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that Deep Throat was revealed years ago, right?
Man, did you not get enough sleep last night or something? You're usually not this slow. It was a rhetorical question, George. Rhetorical. What the implied meaning was, "Deepthroat's information that he gave to Bernstein and Woodward manifested itself as truth."

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#138 May 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...yeah, they're just scrambling. Oh my! Another sheep. That's why there's an enormous amount of discrediting going on of this "source" and Fox News. I know, I know. Liberal media. Ask Retired Special Forces Col. David Maxwell.
Ask the AP.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#139 May 20, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you adored Linda Lovelace.
I bet he did. She was a skank.

Today's zluts are so much hotter!

Location hidden

#140 May 20, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Now draft dodgers were COURAGEOUS! Kosmik, you are many things...consistent ain't one of them.
Have another hit off that doob, dude.
Taking a stand as a matter of conscience is generally well-regarded, especially when there is a personal cost.

Draft-dodging took a number of forms. Some with influence were able to find their way into military niches of relative safety. Some sought perpetual deferments as students. Some made statements of conscience and accepted alternate forms of service. Some fled or hid.

Pretty hard to make blanket statements--but those who assumed the least personal cost (those who had the influence to find their way to safety within the military) are those least reviled. Those with the greatest personal cost--those who sought conscientious objector status or left the country, are those who have always been the ones most highly reviled.

Why is that?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#141 May 20, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
Your blind assumption that your children will always choose to agree with you is an unwise one.
It would be for them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump and Putin have ties..... 26 min Pale Rider 2
Obama's half-brother says he's voting for Donal... 1 hr rowdy01 12
Pig farming indoors or outdoors? 1 hr Hog Farmer 83
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr FUTL 1,330
Russia identified as orgin of DNC server hack 1 hr Male 9
Congratulations, Cleveland.. 1 hr Male 32
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 2 hr d pants 43

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance