of 2
Next Last

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#24 Apr 9, 2013
Mrs Cleaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark of ownership? Oh, dear, you really don't like men, do you? Would it be so awful to share a last name, dear? Mr. Cleaver enjoys drying the dishes for me. Do you find that offensive, too?
Why must everyone live the exact same way that you do?

Long before there were hyphenated last names my mother dropped her middle name when she married in order to replace it with her maiden name. Not at all uncommon.

I think individuals, couples and families have many reasons for making the choices that they do regarding names.

What I find offensive is the knee-jerk condemnation of any who choose to hypenate their names. BTW, I knew men as well as women who have done so.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#25 Apr 9, 2013
Mrs Cleaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you don't understand what it was like to be able to go to the grocery store without worrying about getting mugged, dear. And if a young teen DID make the attempt, the parents would know about it before the errant teenager arrived home!
Then you find yourself in agreement with Ms. Harris-Perry's thesis that responsibility for children goes beyond their own home and family?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affordable Care Act 11 min Bazooka Joe 205
Worst President in History 12 min Male 257
Poll Who Do You Support For President 15 min Pale Rider 62
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 26 min notlocal 139
Congress votes to have Obama exorcised 38 min Amy and Mia 1
dana turtle 1 hr They cannot kill ... 16
Hillary Clinton 2016? (Apr '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 249
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE