Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

MSNBC: "Your kids do not belong to you"

MSNBC is running a promo in which anchor Melissa Harris-Perry says,

".....we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families .....and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

More insane Lib Democrat idiocy.

Keep voting with them folks for more and more of it.
Woww

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Why, any one of the the great Liberal mother figures probably raised her:

The State
The Education System

or Journalism school

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Geronimo wrote:
OK, which village raised this Melissa Harris-Perry person? It needs to be cluster-bombed and napalmed.
Da "African-American community."

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Geronimo wrote:
<quoted text>
The african-American community is a hyphenated joke.
So are most American women of any color with hyphenated surnames.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Well, we know that George thinks he owns his kids and controls their thoughts and values.

But the viewpoint that kids are simply the personal projects of their parents is a slick way for the rest of society to distance themself from any sort of responsibility in raising the next generation. Were that true, then why invest in public education? Were that true, why legislate any protections for children (such as protection from abuse/neglect within their families or being used or abused by others)?

Just think about that the next time someone starts waxing nostaligic about some good old days in which everyone on the same block held the same ideas of right and wrong and could be counted on to discipline any child they saw in the wrong.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
Well, we know that George thinks he owns his kids and controls their thoughts and values.
But the viewpoint that kids are simply the personal projects of their parents is a slick way for the rest of society to distance themself from any sort of responsibility in raising the next generation. Were that true, then why invest in public education? Were that true, why legislate any protections for children (such as protection from abuse/neglect within their families or being used or abused by others)?
Just think about that the next time someone starts waxing nostaligic about some good old days in which everyone on the same block held the same ideas of right and wrong and could be counted on to discipline any child they saw in the wrong.
Isn't it curious that when someone so called "conservatives" deem unworthy of doing so expresses a view that is actually congruent with their own, they attack like rabid dogs?

woof

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
Translation:
Reader agrees wholeheartedly with the hyphenated woman of hyphenated ancestry and despises the idea of people raising their own kids as they see fit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Translation:
Reader agrees wholeheartedly with the hyphenated woman of hyphenated ancestry and despises the idea of people raising their own kids as they see fit.
Nope, sorry. You got it wrong. All wrong.

Interesting that you take umbrage at hyphenated names. The older tradition was for a woman to be known by her father's name until marriage, thereafter by her husband's name. Mark of ownership.

Seems like this is hitting on all your little control buttons.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you take umbrage at hyphenated names. The older tradition was for a woman to be known by her father's name until marriage, thereafter by her husband's name. Mark of ownership.
"Your people will be my people..." [i.e., your family will be my family; ergo, I will be known by your name] is not a "mark of ownership," -- but a symbol of family loyalty and pride, you ultra-feminist windbag.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The current tradition in America is for a woman to adopt her husband's name or retain her own. Hyphenation is a European tradition. It was never an American trait except among the leftists who were identity challenged. I have a male cousin who married a woman he met after she received her MD. She is "Mrs. Smith" at the block parties and parent teacher meetings and "Dr. Jones" in every aspect of her profession. That is a fine compromise.
You're sadly out of touch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your people will be my people..." [i.e., your family will be my family; ergo, I will be known by your name] is not a "mark of ownership," -- but a symbol of family loyalty and pride, you ultra-feminist windbag.
LOL.

Do you know who said that, and what was being affirmed?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The current tradition in America is for a woman to adopt her husband's name or retain her own. Hyphenation is a European tradition. It was never an American trait except among the leftists who were identity challenged. I have a male cousin who married a woman he met after she received her MD. She is "Mrs. Smith" at the block parties and parent teacher meetings and "Dr. Jones" in every aspect of her profession. That is a fine compromise.
You're sadly out of touch.
Just gotta keep control, don't you George?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just gotta keep control, don't you George?
Just gotta keep on hating tradition and family, don't you, Reader?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Do you know who said that, and what was being affirmed?
Of course, I do.

A widowed daughter-in-law was affirming her loyalty to her husband's family and to his faith tradition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Just gotta keep on hating tradition and family, don't you, Reader?
I love family.

And I love a good many traditions, as well. Just not blindly.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I love family.
And I love a good many traditions, as well. Just not blindly.
Then you take care of yours and leave ours alone.
You, a leftist, crying about control is a hoot. You scum own the media, the schools and the government. You will not tell us how to live anymore.
hmm

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

If the Lib perception is your kids "do not belong to you" then:

- you cannot discipline them (in any manner.) The government will decide how and when you can discipline them

- You cannot raise them, the government will (remember how Kindergarten started voluntary and then became permanent? Remember how in some areas pre-K is voluntary but the push is to make it permanent? Before long it will be pre-pre-K)

Gotta get those little kids headed toward liberal thinking as soon as possible huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Then you take care of yours and leave ours alone.
You, a leftist, crying about control is a hoot. You scum own the media, the schools and the government. You will not tell us how to live anymore.
Never laid a hand on either of your kids.
Mrs Cleaver

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
I'm sorry you don't understand what it was like to be able to go to the grocery store without worrying about getting mugged, dear. And if a young teen DID make the attempt, the parents would know about it before the errant teenager arrived home!
Mrs Cleaver

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark of ownership? Oh, dear, you really don't like men, do you? Would it be so awful to share a last name, dear? Mr. Cleaver enjoys drying the dishes for me. Do you find that offensive, too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 45 min d pantz 29,417
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Pale Rider 2,942
Columbus Nightclub Days,East Dallas,AAfter The ... (Mar '10) 5 hr Steven 57
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 6 hr They cannot kill a Spook 33
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 6 hr Black Rhino 88
Give Zimmerman a break already! 6 hr Hoodies Skittles N Tea 3
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 7 hr yeah baby yeah 1
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 7 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••