Lafayette, OH

#1 Nov 2, 2013
CountryGirl

Frankfort, OH

#2 Nov 2, 2013
papa shaun snizzle diddy wrote:
http://www.ohiobarns.com/index .html
no charge
Thank you so much-----beautiful, I love old barns, we are losing them everyday. Everyone wants pole barns and I understand why but gee these old barns are so special. Looked at the round barns in Ross, Pickaway and Fairfield county, going back to look at more. I saved the one on my family farm and painted it back to original red, not round but I LOVE IT! Again, a BIG thank you for posting the website.
papa shaun snizzle diddy

Lafayette, OH

#3 Nov 2, 2013
shoot yea, country guirl......Baby!

my dad went out to the ole manchecter barn farm dah ouddaha' day to look @ the grain bins and he towld me awl bout the new grain binz.......?..and I ask him "did you look @ the round barn?" and he said they drove past-it and I told him some of the history I knew bout it...there a silo in the middle (like a lot of round barns) they fed 200 head of cattle and 90 wagons could park on a second floor in a circular fashion...

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces...

no charge

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#4 Nov 2, 2013
CountryGirl wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you so much-----beautiful, I love old barns, we are losing them everyday. Everyone wants pole barns and I understand why but gee these old barns are so special. Looked at the round barns in Ross, Pickaway and Fairfield county, going back to look at more. I saved the one on my family farm and painted it back to original red, not round but I LOVE IT! Again, a BIG thank you for posting the website.
Seems to me there is a round barn along 35 between Wash. C.H. and Frankfort. Most likely you have seen it.
CountryGirl

Frankfort, OH

#5 Nov 2, 2013
The Manchester Barn (Auglaize Co.)is spectacular after being painted red with white trim. I am going to go on some road trips with my camera. The one in Pickaway county thru Mead can be seen from my son's farm.
papa shaun snizzle diddy

Lafayette, OH

#6 Nov 2, 2013
kewl thang bout diss 1 iz, the dude's mailbox iz a miniature ov hiz barn.....Baby!

http://www.ohiobarns.com/rbwebpgs/oh/cham/RB3...

https://maps.google.com/...

no charge

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 2, 2013
http://www.ohiobarns.com/index .html
no charge
Beautiful building. I grew up on a farm, where I now live, and make sure the stable is preserved. White w/red single roof. Built in 1954. Now the house was built in 1846 and very well preserved right down to the floated glass windows.
I'm on the east coast. Funny, in Lancaster County, PA, there are what we call 'round barns, but they are round in that they are big domes. Country is a great way to grow up and live.
Thanks, papa shaun
papa shaun snizzle diddy

Lafayette, OH

#8 Nov 2, 2013
could I be ur stable-boy...Seriouslady...?.. ..Baby!

no charge

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 3, 2013
could I be ur stable-boy...Seriouslady...?.. ..Baby!
no charge
LOL...Hey I'm a country girl...I can muck my own stalls, pull my own foals, drive my own tractor and all the rest of it! Yes, it was my parents thoroughbred horse farm and I was/am a tomgirl. My daddy, granddaddy, uncle and cousin were all trainers. My brother and nephews, track officials.
:-) Good memories and I do my best to honor them.
Our farmhouse was built in 1836-1846. I think I have to preserve every brick no matter what. I put the land into agricultural preservation cause daddy told me 'I want this to always be here.'
The past 20+ years I've worked for an owner with over 300 racing and breeding in five countries.
Thanks for evoking the memories, papa, and heck yeah, I can alwayw use an extra hand. My husband grew up in Philadelphia and doesn't quite 'get it.' Bless his city heart.
CountryGirl

Frankfort, OH

#10 Nov 3, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me there is a round barn along 35 between Wash. C.H. and Frankfort. Most likely you have seen it.
No, I never go that way but will make a point to now sometime soon. I use 35, getting on at Clarksburg/Frankfort RD. exit and going to Chillicothe, I will overshoot next time and use Rt. 22 to return home. Thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been 19 min They cannot kill ... 8
Chris from Columbus - Frequent Radio Talk Show ... 2 hr CCW 1
dub-v fan 3 hr Star On 47 2
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 3 hr Star On 47 4
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 3 hr dpx55 159
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Male 3,981
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 4 hr Male 122
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs