Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#166 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The DOJ can't squeeze out that many victories, for what it seems.
I've got no doubt that you did defend the Occufilth when they refused to leave.
If we had "Occupy Planned Parenthood", the DOJ would have them all in prison on "terroristic threats".
"Privacy" my ass, the same courts have not yet ruled that you have the right to self defense outside of the home, and the right to consume cannabis.
I guarantee you that if a bunch of thugs were standing with signs on a daily basis for fifty years by physically blocking access to any other group of legal businesses and harassing the people entering, murdering and maiming others to promote their cause, the government would eventually act.

As to Occupy, I really didn't pay all that much attention, other than to say to myself that it is about time people in this country got motivated enough to hit the streets in protest. In the end, it really didn't accomplish much.

I was much more impressed with what occurred in Madison and Columbus.

As to your right of self defense and the legality of marijuana use, you really seem not to understand how the boundaries of constitutional rights or federal and state laws are clarified by judicial opinions, or how those issues ever get before the courts in the first place.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#167 Jan 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you call a raid out of Fort Hood with 80 ground vehicles and three helicopters?
As misguided as the method was, the initial act was the serving of a lawful search warrant.

yes.

woof
Sgt Frank

Dayton, OH

#168 Jan 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Unlike you, I don't need to read a lying lawyers assessment of the plain text.

The 9th and 10th amendment is explicit recognition that the people reserve the power to define what is a civil right, not the US gov. References to the "people" in the US constitution is a reference to local governments.

The 14th amendment simply forces state governments to respect the Bill of Rights.

I have no need to consult a lying lawyer's self-serving interpretation to understand plain text.

Again, abortion and sodomy are not civil rights mentioned in the US constitution protected by the US government. If you actually believe protecting abortion and sodomy are the original intent of the authors, you are a typical activist fruitcake, same as most ABA trained american lawyers.

By the way, the lying lawyer lobby ABA has plenty of trashy fiction to whet your appetite for lying...

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/diversity.h...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#169 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
References to the "people" in the US constitution is a reference to local governments.
You just made some gun lovers very unhappy people.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#170 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I don't need to read a lying lawyers assessment of the plain text.
The 9th and 10th amendment is explicit recognition that the people reserve the power to define what is a civil right, not the US gov. References to the "people" in the US constitution is a reference to local governments.
The 14th amendment simply forces state governments to respect the Bill of Rights.
I have no need to consult a lying lawyer's self-serving interpretation to understand plain text.
Again, abortion and sodomy are not civil rights mentioned in the US constitution protected by the US government. If you actually believe protecting abortion and sodomy are the original intent of the authors, you are a typical activist fruitcake, same as most ABA trained american lawyers.
By the way, the lying lawyer lobby ABA has plenty of trashy fiction to whet your appetite for lying...
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/diversity.h...
You obviously could use a high school civics teacher's help though.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#171 Jan 2, 2013
Frank, you either agree with the system of jurisprudence we have for ironing these things out, or you don't.

These two issues didn't go your way, I guess.

I didn't do it. The Supreme Court, after a thorough investigation into history and prior judicial authority, applying the law to the facts of the individual cases before them, vitiated the rights of the parties in those cases.

There's nothing mentioned in the Constitution giving you the right to completely mis-interpret the breadth and application of the 14th Amendment either here on Topix, but there you are doing it.

And yes, quite often, you actually do need a lawyer to interpret plain text. This is a perfect example of one of those occasions.

woof
Sgt Frank

Dayton, OH

#172 Jan 2, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made some gun lovers very unhappy people.
That's freedom.

A local government can be 1 person or millions of people.

Of course, the 2nd, 9th and 10th amendments allow only local government authority to define the limits and protect arms ownership, so the second amendment is a dual edge sword.

The beauty of local government authority is that if you don't like the way it swings, change it peaceably, or move elsewhere.

If you expect the central government to define the limits and protect gun rights enumerated in the 2nd amendment, you are tip toeing in La-La Land.
Sgt Frank

Dayton, OH

#173 Jan 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Frank, you either agree with the system of jurisprudence we have for ironing these things out, or you don't.
These two issues didn't go your way, I guess.
I didn't do it. The Supreme Court, after a thorough investigation into history and prior judicial authority, applying the law to the facts of the individual cases before them, vitiated the rights of the parties in those cases.
There's nothing mentioned in the Constitution giving you the right to completely mis-interpret the breadth and application of the 14th Amendment either here on Topix, but there you are doing it.
And yes, quite often, you actually do need a lawyer to interpret plain text. This is a perfect example of one of those occasions.
woof
The constitution is the real authority, not your hand-waving friends, the lying lawyer lobby of Diversity.

You are just another lame apologist for the status qou.

The status quo is based on lies.

Again, unlike you, I don't need a lying lawyer to interperet plain text.

Your line of reasoning is a classic logic error, an appeal to authority.
Sgt Frank

Dayton, OH

#174 Jan 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Frank, you either agree with the system of jurisprudence we have for ironing these things out, or you don't.
These two issues didn't go your way, I guess.
I didn't do it. The Supreme Court, after a thorough investigation into history and prior judicial authority, applying the law to the facts of the individual cases before them, vitiated the rights of the parties in those cases.
There's nothing mentioned in the Constitution giving you the right to completely mis-interpret the breadth and application of the 14th Amendment either here on Topix, but there you are doing it.
And yes, quite often, you actually do need a lawyer to interpret plain text. This is a perfect example of one of those occasions.
woof
Because you are like many americans, with your classic appeal to authority illogic, it would be a good idea to implement a new constitutional amendment that places limits on your foolishness.

I suggest that a new constitutional amendment be drafted that bars all professional lawyers from public office. Since lawyers make a living litigating law, and are highly incentivized to create more BS laws to stimulate litigation thus feathering their own nest, it is an inherent conflict of interest for a lawyer to be trusted in any position to make public law.

The new amendment would bar professional lawyers from being legislators or judges. It would reduce the foolishness that occurs now, which is the status quo you relish.
Sgt Frank

Dayton, OH

#175 Jan 2, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Frank, you either agree with the system of jurisprudence we have for ironing these things out, or you don't.
These two issues didn't go your way, I guess.
I didn't do it. The Supreme Court, after a thorough investigation into history and prior judicial authority, applying the law to the facts of the individual cases before them, vitiated the rights of the parties in those cases.
There's nothing mentioned in the Constitution giving you the right to completely mis-interpret the breadth and application of the 14th Amendment either here on Topix, but there you are doing it.
And yes, quite often, you actually do need a lawyer to interpret plain text. This is a perfect example of one of those occasions.
woof
As you are probably well versed in Diversity ideology, you must realize that Diversity is totalitarian, and a victim cult political scheme.

The Diversity victim cult is not only a super-large and well organized majority voting block, it is a collective of like-minded cronies, scratching each others back as necessary.

The federal court bench and congress and the office of the president are filled with Diversity ideologues, because they are the majority and help each other as confederates in cronyism and privilege.

In fact, the 2 justice appointed to the USSC by Obama, a Diversity ideologue, were both solid Diversity cronies....

Satomayor - hispanic, woman
Kagan - jewish, woman, LGBTQ

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#176 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I don't need to read a lying lawyers assessment of the plain text.
The 9th and 10th amendment is explicit recognition that the people reserve the power to define what is a civil right, not the US gov. References to the "people" in the US constitution is a reference to local governments.
Do you have a link to a ruling that says that? I believe that if they meant "local governments" they would have said "local governments" in the tenth amendment.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#177 Jan 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to a ruling that says that? I believe that if they meant "local governments" they would have said "local governments" in the tenth amendment.
+1. I'm also dying to see where this interpretation could have come from!
Oliver Twist

Springboro, OH

#178 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are probably well versed in Diversity ideology, you must realize that Diversity is totalitarian, and a victim cult political scheme.
The Diversity victim cult is not only a super-large and well organized majority voting block, it is a collective of like-minded cronies, scratching each others back as necessary.
The federal court bench and congress and the office of the president are filled with Diversity ideologues, because they are the majority and help each other as confederates in cronyism and privilege.
In fact, the 2 justice appointed to the USSC by Obama, a Diversity ideologue, were both solid Diversity cronies....
Satomayor - hispanic, woman
Kagan - jewish, woman, LGBTQ
I agree Sgt Frank.

Satomayor, Hispanic, woman and Kagan - Jewish, woman, LGBTQ are a product of women's studies, gay studies and Hispanic Studies that are standard on the curriculum of all colleges. Those foul courses, along with Black Studies, demonize and castrate the souls of White Men with crippling psychological guilt and lets these incompetent minorities run state, local and federal government agencies into great debt and dysfunction. Until White men rise up and say "hell no" these fools will continue to destroy our culture from within by undermining faith, hope, God and family.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#179 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I don't need to read a lying lawyers assessment of the plain text.
The 9th and 10th amendment is explicit recognition that the people reserve the power to define what is a civil right, not the US gov. References to the "people" in the US constitution is a reference to local governments.
The 14th amendment simply forces state governments to respect the Bill of Rights.
I have no need to consult a lying lawyer's self-serving interpretation to understand plain text.
Again, abortion and sodomy are not civil rights mentioned in the US constitution protected by the US government. If you actually believe protecting abortion and sodomy are the original intent of the authors, you are a typical activist fruitcake, same as most ABA trained american lawyers.
By the way, the lying lawyer lobby ABA has plenty of trashy fiction to whet your appetite for lying...
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/diversity.h...
The method and the outcome at Waco were both tragic and I have no intention of defending them.

However a warrant was lawfully obtained and I believe that the grounds included the substantiated belief that women and children were being held against their will and that children were being physically and sexually abused. Various agencies were mandated to respond to this information, but were denied entry.

In fact, prior to having this information, the local authorities were concerned, both about the children and the level of armaments, but did not intervene, as they had no legal grounds to do so.

Face it, in a free society, secessionists who arm themselves heavily and hole up as the group did in Waco, are demonstrating on their face traits of paranoia and other mental illnesses that should be treated with caution. The fact that some rabid gun lovers miss this point draws their own reasoning faculties into question.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#180 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
That's freedom.
A local government can be 1 person or millions of people.
Of course, the 2nd, 9th and 10th amendments allow only local government authority to define the limits and protect arms ownership, so the second amendment is a dual edge sword.
The beauty of local government authority is that if you don't like the way it swings, change it peaceably, or move elsewhere.
If you expect the central government to define the limits and protect gun rights enumerated in the 2nd amendment, you are tip toeing in La-La Land.
If you think, as you seem to, that the simple act of disagreement with the government makes you a sovereign state, you are doing more than tiptoeing in la-la land. You own the franchise.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#181 Jan 2, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to a ruling that says that? I believe that if they meant "local governments" they would have said "local governments" in the tenth amendment.
He said he don't need no lying lawyers to interpret plain text.

He just makes it up as he goes along.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#182 Jan 2, 2013
Oliver Twist wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Sgt Frank.
Satomayor, Hispanic, woman and Kagan - Jewish, woman, LGBTQ are a product of women's studies, gay studies and Hispanic Studies that are standard on the curriculum of all colleges. Those foul courses, along with Black Studies, demonize and castrate the souls of White Men with crippling psychological guilt and lets these incompetent minorities run state, local and federal government agencies into great debt and dysfunction. Until White men rise up and say "hell no" these fools will continue to destroy our culture from within by undermining faith, hope, God and family.
There you go feeling all emasculated again, Twisty.

I really think you should see somebody. It ain't healthy.

Ya think there might be some connection between your desire for guns and feeling, ya know, less than completely a man?

Just sayin'.
Reality Squeaks

Columbus, OH

#183 Jan 2, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
+1. I'm also dying to see where this interpretation could have come from!
It is on the same page as Trayvon Martin's tattooed knuckles.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#184 Jan 2, 2013
Sgt Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are probably well versed in Diversity ideology,
Not to mention the fact that the term "diversity" is in itself Orwellian as it really means no such thing. True diversity is to allow all opinions and all view points and lets the cream rise to the top. In their minds "diversity" means you have to whitewash all differences, except when those differences can be used to provide some kind of benefit to them.
Oliver Twist

Springboro, OH

#185 Jan 2, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go feeling all emasculated again, Twisty.
I really think you should see somebody. It ain't healthy.
Ya think there might be some connection between your desire for guns and feeling, ya know, less than completely a man?
Just sayin'.
You are the one who has voluntarily left your comfortable upper middle class upbringing to live in ghetto conditions. Sort of like the Duchess of Nottingham going to live amongst the African aborigines. Can we say self-hatred of the highest order? Can we say White Guilt to an extreme?

You are the sick one.

You are the one who hates our founding fathers, traditions and values.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 3 min Seriouslady 192
Obscene Bumber Stickers 26 min Big Papa Tea 5
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 29 min Big Papa Tea 4
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr justsayin 71
Another Epic Obama Accomplishment 1 hr BizzyBee 9
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr So sad 2,541
Should Witchcraft or Pagan Shops be 18+ ? 1 hr What Else 8
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 4 hr Dr Phillips PhD 252
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 13 hr Xenosteen 1,023
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:30PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:54 PM
Manziel says Browns were "a little off" on Sunday
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Cam Newton practices for first time since car accident
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down Cleveland's Game Plan vs. Carolina