“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#23 Mar 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a stalker now. WOO HOO!
You've got several people who won't let you get away with wrecking this forum like the others you've trashed.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#24 Mar 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already made clear you won't vote for the GOP candidate, so you are politically irrelevant when it comes to discussing the candidate.
You are also developing a significant inferiority complex. Be careful.
I will presumably vote in the GOP primary if it remains competitive, and I will only vote Fatboy if the alternative is Bloomberg, an unlikely scenario.

Given that talk 3 years in advance that Fatboy has a base problem, may convince the consultants to steer him elsewhere, to avoid being defeated.

Ivy League-ISIS

#25 Mar 7, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You've got several people who won't let you get away with wrecking this forum like the others you've trashed.
Wonder if the dog whistle will bring in "woof"...

I know the NEO leftist, they cannot tolerate any dissent, and react violently.

One PD writer attracts regular criticism, not the holder of Sherrod's balls in her purse, but Kevin O'Brien, the sole right wing writer.

When one thinks that eeevil rich men in suits created NAFTA and destroyed the jobs, and only win elections by brainwashing white men with "racism" "Fox News" and "Talk radio", it's hard to debate.

It's a quality not found with leftists from the rest of the state.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 Mar 7, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I will presumably vote in the GOP primary if it remains competitive, and I will only vote Fatboy if the alternative is Bloomberg, an unlikely scenario.
Given that talk 3 years in advance that Fatboy has a base problem, may convince the consultants to steer him elsewhere, to avoid being defeated.
Not sure myself that Christie would make it through a primary. Even though he has a skyhigh popularity rating in Jersey right now, that's in large part due to his handling of Sandy.

The GOP is too fractured right now to even consider who will run in 2016. I see far too few viable candidates, Christie right now is marginal to me right now.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#27 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>You've got several people who won't let you get away with wrecking this forum like the others you've trashed.
Oooooooh. Scary.

At least we have established who is leading who around these threads. Another night of pulling your strings, another night of you dancing. You are like my own personal Pope Puppet. Ciao!

Hilliard, OH

#28 Mar 7, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder if the dog whistle will bring in "woof"...
I know the NEO leftist, they cannot tolerate any dissent, and react violently.
One PD writer attracts regular criticism, not the holder of Sherrod's balls in her purse, but Kevin O'Brien, the sole right wing writer.
When one thinks that eeevil rich men in suits created NAFTA and destroyed the jobs, and only win elections by brainwashing white men with "racism" "Fox News" and "Talk radio", it's hard to debate.
It's a quality not found with leftists from the rest of the state.
When Che's melting down, Dukie is smart enough to stay away.

Hilliard, OH

#29 Mar 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooh. Scary.
At least we have established who is leading who around these threads. Another night of pulling your strings, another night of you dancing. You are like my own personal Pope Puppet. Ciao!
Being an anti-social, uneducated yet entitled little girl no doubt makes you think you actually can read people, but honestly, you are as dumb as a post in that area, dear.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#30 Mar 7, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooh. Scary.
No, it's you on the prowl and the attack. We are for the most part fairly cohesive and get along well here. Varying opinions accepted, hotly debated. But the garden variety of troll get trashed here, quickly. And we've survived waves of idiots like you who have no manners attached to them. Don't stroke your ego too hard, you might go blind.

Hilliard, OH

#32 Mar 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure myself that Christie would make it through a primary. Even though he has a skyhigh popularity rating in Jersey right now, that's in large part due to his handling of Sandy.
The GOP is too fractured right now to even consider who will run in 2016. I see far too few viable candidates, Christie right now is marginal to me right now.
I'm not a big Rand fan, but his actions yesterday launched him to a position equal to Rubio's at this point. He not only burned Obama, he absolutely whacked McCain and Graham. Those two should consider not running again after the damage Rand did to them.

Ivy League-ISIS

#33 Mar 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Presuming that most of the 2010 governors are re-elected, most will be viable candidates.

My guess that if Kasich reaches 60% of the vote (not out of the question) that he will be talked of as a potential candidate.

He scores a bit higher than your average R with blacks.

Only three other living GOP pols can say that, two are named Bush, the other is named Huckabee.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/...

15%, that's pretty good for an R

While Kasich is not my favorite R governor, Mike Pence is, he is a swing state governor, Preacher Ted nearly became VP...

Bill Haslam is also a possibility, as is Bobby Jindal.(IMO, the strongest contender)

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#34 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>I'm not a big Rand fan, but his actions yesterday launched him to a position equal to Rubio's at this point. He not only burned Obama, he absolutely whacked McCain and Graham. Those two should consider not running again after the damage Rand did to them.
I can't see McCain running again. I know there's a lot of Palin lovers here, but to me, picking her was one of his biggest mistakes. She was not anywhere near ready for prime time.

Ivy League-ISIS

#35 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>I'm not a big Rand fan, but his actions yesterday launched him to a position equal to Rubio's at this point. He not only burned Obama, he absolutely whacked McCain and Graham. Those two should consider not running again after the damage Rand did to them.
McCain has indicated he will retire in 2016, I fear that his daughter may replace him in the Senate, or worse Synema/Kelly

Graham will only be defeated if a conservative wins the D primary as in 2008.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#36 Mar 7, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Presuming that most of the 2010 governors are re-elected, most will be viable candidates.
My guess that if Kasich reaches 60% of the vote (not out of the question) that he will be talked of as a potential candidate.
He scores a bit higher than your average R with blacks.
Only three other living GOP pols can say that, two are named Bush, the other is named Huckabee.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/...
15%, that's pretty good for an R
While Kasich is not my favorite R governor, Mike Pence is, he is a swing state governor, Preacher Ted nearly became VP...
Bill Haslam is also a possibility, as is Bobby Jindal.(IMO, the strongest contender)
I like Jindal, would agree he's a very strong contender. Not sure about Kasich. He's not too well known outside of Ohio yet. He can also be abrasive. But I do admire the fact he stood up against Obama's auto industry bailout, took some guts in this state, given that the Big 3 still have a fairly substantive presence in the northern half of the state. My gut tells me he appeals more to the Tea Party types, less to middle of the road types. Not sure if that can propel him to the national stage yet.

Ivy League-ISIS

#37 Mar 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Jindal, would agree he's a very strong contender. Not sure about Kasich. He's not too well known outside of Ohio yet. He can also be abrasive. But I do admire the fact he stood up against Obama's auto industry bailout, took some guts in this state, given that the Big 3 still have a fairly substantive presence in the northern half of the state. My gut tells me he appeals more to the Tea Party types, less to middle of the road types. Not sure if that can propel him to the national stage yet.
He has appeal to blacks, if he's at 15% according to Q-Pac, he could get to 25%.

Jindal has appeal to Asians, and with his "stupid party" comments along with his triangulation on birth control, will convince the people in the middle scared by the left's "theocracy" rhetoric that he isn't "scary", while being uncontested by the social conservatives given his pro-life record,(when SCOTUS presumably overturns the gay marriage ban, the Rs will dodge the damage Cameron did in the UK, thus sapping the number of younger LIVs voting D on SSM alone)

Kasich has the most "authenticity" of the Midwestern governors, which is actually quite bizzare considering that he's been in politics since the 1970s.

Snyder-rich businessman (if not for his immigration positions, I would back him)
Pence-radio host
Walker-Lacks college degree, political hack like Kasich

Kasich also boasts the lowest unemployment rate, the main key to his popularity, but his tendency to go off the chain seems to add too his "authenticity", as he does seem actively interested in changing the way Ohio is run, unlike the three predecessors.(He said that he wanted to eventually eliminate the income tax, unrealistic, but he was the first major figure to suggest major tax structure changes)

It's worth remembering that Bush, who had hardly the best record, was elected twice because of being seen as "authentic", the elections are about stupid feelings with the LIVs.

Sadly, that's why Hillary would win in a landslide.
Shania Twain

United States

#38 Mar 8, 2013
Christie is the last big fat white hope for the Republicans....Rove was a big failure, Breitbart is pushin up daisies thank god, and Limbaugh is destroying your right wing radio business. Not inviting Christie into the already diminutive tent isyet another case of bitin off your fat nose to spite your ugly face for you white devils and I, for one, couldnt be more pleased.

Republican internal barn implosion...its the gift that keeps on giving...
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#39 Mar 8, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
You people do realize that there is precedent for government bail outs of industries, don't you? Banks are usually placed under federal administration until they can be cleaned up or merged with another entity.

Do you remember Conrail? That was the former Penn Central Railroad. The government took over Penn Central in 1976 at the behest of a REPUBLICAN Congressman from PA. Without a government takeover, moving freight in the northeast would have been a nightmare, closing industry and creating a loss of jobs.

I realize conservatives want to bleat on about the free market, but rails are like highways to manufacturers. Shutting down Penn Central would have created too much disruption and would have hurt other viable industries. That's why the government stepped in.

Likewise with big auto. Dealerships would have closed, along with a ton of $60k a year jobs at those dealerships. Then when the dealerships went under, banks would have been stuck with their real estate.

We have a long history of government intervention in this country, and for the most part it has worked as long as government gets in, and then out.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#40 Mar 8, 2013
I love Rand.

He is exactly what we need right now after 50 years of Johnson-Nixon-Nixon-Ford-Carte r-Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bu sh-Obama-Obama.

Exactly what the doctor ordered.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#41 Mar 8, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie has never really articulated his gun control stance directly. Has usually be obliquely, leaving both sides to "interpret" that for him. He has not stated anywhere that I can find that "Yes, I favor tighter gun control and bans on assault weapons" or "No on tighter gun control and forget the bans on assault weapons."
That's all well and good, but as I pointed out to Spook in another thread, Spook is every bit as much of a RINO as Christie is accused of being.

Spook, like me, is pro abortion.

If Spook (or I) were running for office, should we be judged for our abortion views, or should we be judged for the important stuff? Silence from Spook, but at the end of the day I think he gets it.

Do I really give a crap what Spook thinks about abortions or do I care that he is going to cut government and balance the budget?

Christie has gotten results and is an independent thinker. I respect that more than I respect people slavishly marching to Republican dogma.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#42 Mar 8, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all well and good, but as I pointed out to Spook in another thread, Spook is every bit as much of a RINO as Christie is accused of being.
Spook, like me, is pro abortion.
If Spook (or I) were running for office, should we be judged for our abortion views, or should we be judged for the important stuff? Silence from Spook, but at the end of the day I think he gets it.
Do I really give a crap what Spook thinks about abortions or do I care that he is going to cut government and balance the budget?
Christie has gotten results and is an independent thinker. I respect that more than I respect people slavishly marching to Republican dogma.
Actually, that is why I LIKE Christie, he hasn't come off as a RINO to me at all.

I'm open about gun rights, to a point. Repeal the 2nd? HELL no. But I do think we need some sound discussions about assault weapons. I have never even seen a common definition that anyone can agree upon about what IS an assault weapon. My thinking is that some weapons purportedly defined as assault can be legitimately used by hunters.(And, no. I am not a hunter. Related to a few dedicated hunters, have been around guns and weapons, but don't own, don't hunt.) Hell, if you looked at it closely enough, a crossbow could be considered an assault weapon--a weapon is DESIGNED for assault in defense or for hunting. Just an out of the box thought.

But I do believe there has been mass hysteria around the gun issue, and I don't see Christie as jumping the band wagon for an all out ban on guns to further his political popularity.

I'm not pro-abortion in that I cannot, EVER, condone it. But what you do, I cannot control and do not wish to control. And that said,I do think we should seriously look at the issues surrounding abortion and not EVER permit an abortion past 20 or so weeks. Hell, brain waves are detected as early as six weeks, fetal heartbeat not long thereafter, and to me, even an hours-old zygote is a human being. I also think that abortion has become an issue that is thrown about and bantered about by liberals in order to further an agenda for bigger government. Look at what happened with the health care issues--when Catholic Churches protested having to pay for birth control--the Sandra Fluke issue came out and a lot of hateful rhetoric came out about how the Catholic Church hated ALL women and wanted to control them and prevent them from accessing birth control and abortions. No, it is a MORAL issue for Catholics and it was simply protecting its right to avoid government interference. The Church never once came out and told the government it must change its abortion laws or that birth control ought to be made illegal.

What makes me admire Christie is the history he has for convictions for public corruption. Something we hardly see--we tend to bat an eye at public corruption these days.

One thing that I don't think will be in his favor is that he is a Roman Catholic. I think that can be a hinderance for him, unfortunately, and seems to be one reason he may be so measured and calculatedly slow when responding to hot button issues.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#44 Mar 8, 2013
You cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to the bans based on looks or if a military some places uses a weapon that looks like one that is banned the FBI had a definition.
An assualt weapon is a weapon that has a selector lever or switch that allows the ahooter to select between full automatic and semi automatic or a multi-round burst. Looks had nothing to do with it.
Banning a weapon based on looks is not only anti constiturion but just idiotic.
As for mass murdering or killing an explosion say with a gas leak or ammonium nitrate will do far more and faster than a single shooter against armed targets.
Agreed. It's part of my heartburn with the public discussion.

We are pretty much unable to stop an insane rage-o-holic. We can slow them down, though.

I heard a story today on the radio, but haven't found a link to it. There are a couple of small towns in Maine that have laws pending to require all households to have a gun. Will have to look for that story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris from Columbus - Frequent Radio Talk Show ... 46 min CCW 1
dub-v fan 1 hr Star On 47 2
Toddler In Stroller Hit By Car In West Columbus 1 hr Star On 47 4
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 1 hr dpx55 159
Where has Rowdy been 2 hr Seriouslady 4
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Male 3,981
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 2 hr Male 122
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs