Hertz Fires Muslims Over Breaks
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#21 Oct 25, 2011
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>I knew he smoked weed. I would'nt exactly say he was under the influence. I think if the muslims passed the drug test (you can't say clean), then it should be covered. We don't even know how hurt they were??. They prayed a lot on breaks in the bathroom. I worked there too..I quit before this happened.
What was the forklift doing in the bathroom?
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#22 Oct 25, 2011
Somali Moo Slums need to clock out to pray or go back to Africa. They are dirty, stink and bring nothing of value to our culture.

Hertz is right to stand up to this nonsense.
Joe

Canal Winchester, OH

#23 Oct 25, 2011
This article gives a very good understanding that unions are only "to keep a lazy person their job", plain and simple. UNIONS SUCK!!!
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#24 Oct 25, 2011
Hertz rocks wrote:
Somali Moo Slums need to clock out to pray or go back to Africa. They are dirty, stink and bring nothing of value to our culture.
Hertz is right to stand up to this nonsense.
I don't recall it saying that the were Somali. In any case, the Somalis I have known don't "stink" and are not dirty.

Hertz had arrived at an agreement with the union that clocking out was not required for prayer time. They unilaterally changed the agreement and threated any who did not sign on with firing.

BTW--do you clock out when you pray? I don't.
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#25 Oct 25, 2011
Joe wrote:
This article gives a very good understanding that unions are only "to keep a lazy person their job", plain and simple. UNIONS SUCK!!!
Well--that's what the company paying these folks less than $10 per hour said, anyway. As the union pointed out, there were other means of dealing with a lazy worker, if that was the issue. What they chose instead was a unilateral change in policy affecting all--and firing anyone who did not sign an agreement to the change.
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#26 Oct 25, 2011
ROFLMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall it saying that the were Somali. In any case, the Somalis I have known don't "stink" and are not dirty.
Hertz had arrived at an agreement with the union that clocking out was not required for prayer time. They unilaterally changed the agreement and threated any who did not sign on with firing.
BTW--do you clock out when you pray? I don't.
Do a little research. Hertz went so far as to build the Moo Slums a prayer room, with rugs and foot washing stalls and even this was not enough.

Moo Slums must wash feet, roll out rugs, adjust head rags, point towards Mecca and a specific time which makes them unemployable. BTW, do you point towards Mecca when you pray? If not, why not? Are you a Moo Slum phobe????
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#27 Oct 25, 2011
ROFLMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the forklift doing in the bathroom?
You have a dumb question & answer for everything. You can't wait to find a kink in the wire to rebuttal an American. If they were in the bathroom where it stinks anyway and prayed they would'nt of got hit. Why don't you swim over to samolia and make it..only half way.
R eader
O nly
F avors
L eeching
M uslims
A gainst
O hio
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#28 Oct 25, 2011
Hertz rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Do a little research. Hertz went so far as to build the Moo Slums a prayer room, with rugs and foot washing stalls and even this was not enough.
Moo Slums must wash feet, roll out rugs, adjust head rags, point towards Mecca and a specific time which makes them unemployable. BTW, do you point towards Mecca when you pray? If not, why not? Are you a Moo Slum phobe????
I don't know that they "built" them anything. They provided a place. Apparently prayer was taking place during 2 daily 10 minute paid breaks, which was part of a contractual agreement.

What Hertz began requiring--under threat of being fired--was that prayer NOT take place during scheduled breaks, but that workers clock out in order to pray. This wasn't an issue of workers asking for more, it was an issue of the company suddenly allowing less.

As Christians in a majority Christian nation we frequently forget the degree to which we are accommodated. Christmas is a national holiday. While not so common as it once was, Good Friday is often accommodated (in the town where I used to live all the stores closed between 12 and 3), non-meat meals are prevalent during lent as they used to be on Fridays. Praying before a meal in a restaurant, while not universal, doesn't get a second look. Worshipping on Sundays is never challenged. Everyone understands Christening, Baptism, First Communion, walking down the church aisle in a white dress to meet our intended, viewing a body prior to burial.

No, I don't face Mecca when I pray, that is not my custom--that doesn't mean that I cannot respect someone for whom that is the custom, just as I can respect other Christians who genuflect or kneel to pray (also not my custom). I know enough (not much) about Islam to understand that there is sufficient flexibility in the prayer schedule to accommodate a professional life, as well as to know that among Muslims there is a wide variety of observation--just as there are among Christians. I know Muslim women who wear hijab and others who do not--just as I know Catholics who use "the pill" and others who do not.

I simply do not understand the need to despise others who look, act, believe or speak differently.
Joe

Waynesburg, PA

#29 Oct 25, 2011
sidekick wrote:
My cousin worked for Odd Lots warehouse and loaded aisle's for the trailers with a forklift. Their were two muslims in the aisle praying at the trailers they were loading and my cousin ran them over accidently. It was not during no break nor did he see them on the floor. He was fired because he failed the drug test (which is his stupid fault). But i think they sued Odd Lots for they're injuries. I'm not saying that was wrong by them praying, but it was an odd senario to hear about.
Those prayers got them real far,huh?
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#30 Oct 25, 2011
ROFLMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that they "built" them anything. They provided a place. Apparently prayer was taking place during 2 daily 10 minute paid breaks, which was part of a contractual agreement.
What Hertz began requiring--under threat of being fired--was that prayer NOT take place during scheduled breaks, but that workers clock out in order to pray. This wasn't an issue of workers asking for more, it was an issue of the company suddenly allowing less.
As Christians in a majority Christian nation we frequently forget the degree to which we are accommodated. Christmas is a national holiday. While not so common as it once was, Good Friday is often accommodated (in the town where I used to live all the stores closed between 12 and 3), non-meat meals are prevalent during lent as they used to be on Fridays. Praying before a meal in a restaurant, while not universal, doesn't get a second look. Worshipping on Sundays is never challenged. Everyone understands Christening, Baptism, First Communion, walking down the church aisle in a white dress to meet our intended, viewing a body prior to burial.
No, I don't face Mecca when I pray, that is not my custom--that doesn't mean that I cannot respect someone for whom that is the custom, just as I can respect other Christians who genuflect or kneel to pray (also not my custom). I know enough (not much) about Islam to understand that there is sufficient flexibility in the prayer schedule to accommodate a professional life, as well as to know that among Muslims there is a wide variety of observation--just as there are among Christians. I know Muslim women who wear hijab and others who do not--just as I know Catholics who use "the pill" and others who do not.
I simply do not understand the need to despise others who look, act, believe or speak differently.
That's because you are a liberal. God, Country, Flag, Bible, Culture, Civilization don't matter. You would be just as happy living with Somalis or Aborigines.
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#31 Oct 25, 2011
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>You have a dumb question & answer for everything. You can't wait to find a kink in the wire to rebuttal an American. If they were in the bathroom where it stinks anyway and prayed they would'nt of got hit. Why don't you swim over to samolia and make it..only half way.
R eader
O nly
F avors
L eeching
M uslims
A gainst
O hio
Absolutely brillaint! This one should be printed and framed.
Spooktackular

Shelocta, PA

#32 Oct 25, 2011
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>You have a dumb question & answer for everything. You can't wait to find a kink in the wire to rebuttal an American. If they were in the bathroom where it stinks anyway and prayed they would'nt of got hit. Why don't you swim over to samolia and make it..only half way.
R eader
O nly
F avors
L eeching
M uslims
A gainst
O hio
I was wondering when you, antag. Ebob, or George would figure that out.
sidekick

Sunbury, OH

#33 Oct 25, 2011
That he/she gets on my nerves. Maybe both, because IT's Two Faced.
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#34 Oct 25, 2011
Agencies like Hertz are doing the right thing in standing up to the Moo Slums. Our ancestors defeated these savages and we need to stop liberals like Reader who scream "separation of church and state" then have no problem with government pork bans or Muslim demands for special prayer time on the clock.

"Reader" "ROFLMAO" "Debunk Machine" is a (pseudo intellectual at best) who talks gibberish about civil rights for Muslims but Moo Slums are neither civil nor do they recognize "rights" (for anyone outside of their group that they consider infidels).

She is our current version of Andrea Dworkin.
bedbugs

Lancaster, OH

#35 Oct 25, 2011
Check your rental cars for us.
Roark

Apo, AE

#36 Oct 26, 2011
Seems like a great reason to fire someone to me.
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#37 Oct 26, 2011
Hertz rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are a liberal. God, Country, Flag, Bible, Culture, Civilization don't matter. You would be just as happy living with Somalis or Aborigines.
In fact, all of those things matter a good deal to me. Among Biblical teachings that I take to heart are the story of the Good Samaritan (do you understand that those from Samaria were seen by the Hebrews as you see the Somalis?) and the great commandments to love God and love others (no conditions attached). Among the things about my country that I find to be worth fighting for are the inclusive rights of all citizens, including speech and particularly the freedom to worship freely. I recognize how many people came to this country to escape the religious oppression, not of heathens, but of other Christians, particularly those countries where religion was a function of the state. Culture and civilization are also important--recognizing that much of our own culture remains invisible to us until seen through the eyes of someone whose culture is different. Our own national culture has at time supported the exclusion and/or subservience of women, blacks and other groups. These are issues that I believe we continue to need to struggle against, particularly the current trend towards xenophobia--which is by no means unique to this time.

Apparently you define each of the things that you mention not only narrowly, but also with a belief in some innate superiority in what you must perceive to be the "American" way--again narrowly defined.

Perhaps my family hasn't been here enough generations to have lost the cultural memory of exclusion. Or maybe the experience of coming to this country to escape poverty and political oppression in other parts of the world is still to accessible to me through the stories of some ancestors so that I can identify with others who seek refuge here. Maybe I have just been fortunate to have had experiences of "the other" fostered in environments that stressed the responsibility to share experiences and to work hard to maintain the country that we have been and dream of being.

You know what--don't try to tell me what I believe, or hope, or dream. You plainly haven't got a clue.
Hertz rocks

Canal Winchester, OH

#38 Oct 26, 2011
ROFLMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, all of those things matter a good deal to me. Among Biblical teachings that I take to heart are the story of the Good Samaritan (do you understand that those from Samaria were seen by the Hebrews as you see the Somalis?) and the great commandments to love God and love others (no conditions attached). Among the things about my country that I find to be worth fighting for are the inclusive rights of all citizens, including speech and particularly the freedom to worship freely. I recognize how many people came to this country to escape the religious oppression, not of heathens, but of other Christians, particularly those countries where religion was a function of the state. Culture and civilization are also important--recognizing that much of our own culture remains invisible to us until seen through the eyes of someone whose culture is different. Our own national culture has at time supported the exclusion and/or subservience of women, blacks and other groups. These are issues that I believe we continue to need to struggle against, particularly the current trend towards xenophobia--which is by no means unique to this time.
Apparently you define each of the things that you mention not only narrowly, but also with a belief in some innate superiority in what you must perceive to be the "American" way--again narrowly defined.
Perhaps my family hasn't been here enough generations to have lost the cultural memory of exclusion. Or maybe the experience of coming to this country to escape poverty and political oppression in other parts of the world is still to accessible to me through the stories of some ancestors so that I can identify with others who seek refuge here. Maybe I have just been fortunate to have had experiences of "the other" fostered in environments that stressed the responsibility to share experiences and to work hard to maintain the country that we have been and dream of being.
You know what--don't try to tell me what I believe, or hope, or dream. You plainly haven't got a clue.
Speaking of clueless:

You see only the flaws in the Strong and the virtues in the Weak. You support sodomites LGBTQ which the Bible opposes (guess you didn't read that part), oppose the death penalty as outlined in Genesis, support the Muslim enemies and those in teh ghetto who refuse to work despite the Biblical commandment that "Those who refuse to work should not eat." With "believers" like you who needs unbelievers. Suggestion: Your new screen name should be Heretic.
ROFLMAO

Columbus, OH

#39 Oct 26, 2011
Hertz rocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of clueless:
You see only the flaws in the Strong and the virtues in the Weak. You support sodomites LGBTQ which the Bible opposes (guess you didn't read that part), oppose the death penalty as outlined in Genesis, support the Muslim enemies and those in teh ghetto who refuse to work despite the Biblical commandment that "Those who refuse to work should not eat." With "believers" like you who needs unbelievers. Suggestion: Your new screen name should be Heretic.
Matthew 7:

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Jesus didn't always have a lot of patience with folks who (mis)use scripture as you do. Did you realize that when Paul said that those who do not work should not eat, he was talking about the leadership, not the poor (widows, infirm and the like)? He was cautioning those who preach the word not to become or to be seen as leeches or dependent upon the communities they were ministering to. Didn't override Matthew 25:

34-36"Then the King will say to those on his right,'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.'

37-40"Then those 'sheep' are going to say,'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say,'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

Antagonist

Newark, OH

#40 Oct 27, 2011
I have a new favorite car rental company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I (was a lifer) am a Dem and I’m Voting for Tru... 4 hr voteyourConscience 21
Is FrankIin Property Tax Treasurer Delaying Pay... 4 hr Sara 14
News Residents on alert with mass shooting suspect a... 6 hr WildLifeLover 241
Congratulations, Cleveland.. 8 hr Male 22
Melania Trump Speech 8 hr They cannot kill ... 131
"Lock Her Up" 9 hr Hillary S Gunt 13
Mystery surrounds sources of many Bill Clinton ... 11 hr Duke for Mayor 41

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance