Suggestions for feral cat with a swol...

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#86 Jan 23, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Culvert was here this a.m. He ate well and I did manage to get some Keflex in his Ocean White Fish gravy and he ate it all. I added a warm bowl of milk and he drank some, usually does not.
Duke, if you are hungry, I will put some food out on the porch!
woof
You know he/she doesn't work and cannot miss reading an entry on here d/t topix addiction.
I'm so glad he's made an appearance. Oral antibiotics are better than nothing. Spook's suggestion of the humane trap is good. It will work.

Listen, we have quite a few thoroughbreds that have full careers and are blind in one eye. Culvert cat will be fine with your gracious help and caring. Keep us posted.

Spookerini: My deer and geese prefer I remove the corn from the cob before putting it out and making them do all that work.:-)

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#87 Jan 23, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want a live trap and a welding blanket to hold him in so you can give him eye drops?
I'm afraid if I did once, he wouldn't come back. If I do a live trap, I would need to take him in for neutering. You think they would neuter with him being ill?

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#88 Jan 23, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so glad he's made an appearance. Oral antibiotics are better than nothing. Spook's suggestion of the humane trap is good. It will work.
Listen, we have quite a few thoroughbreds that have full careers and are blind in one eye. Culvert cat will be fine with your gracious help and caring. Keep us posted.
Spookerini: My deer and geese prefer I remove the corn from the cob before putting it out and making them do all that work.:-)
Don't forget the birds, I did until yesterday. Although, not seeing many in this weather. Bought and put out bird seed and suet or whatever you call it, away from Culvert's little residence. Can't do water yet for the birds causes it freezes so quickly. Out of corn and apples for the deer but we did put both out late, last year in the field. The hawks are around though.

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#89 Jan 23, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the birds, I did until yesterday. Although, not seeing many in this weather. Bought and put out bird seed and suet or whatever you call it, away from Culvert's little residence. Can't do water yet for the birds causes it freezes so quickly. Out of corn and apples for the deer but we did put both out late, last year in the field. The hawks are around though.
Oh my gosh, I have hundreds of birds coming for the seed. Most of them aren't even afraid of me anymore.(I have seen one Cardinal checking his watch if I'm late with the food :-)
One hawk comes close to the house but doesn't stay long. Heavy occupation of doves. Deer love apples. Feed the ferals back, behind the house, under the row of pine trees. I know one huge skunk also joins them . The stripe on his back is an easy 8" wide. Spook would love him.
I think the birds eat enough snow that water is not a problem for them. It freezes here QUICK too. But we have a large waterway 1/4 mile from the house and the ice breakers have to keep it open.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#90 Jan 23, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid if I did once, he wouldn't come back. If I do a live trap, I would need to take him in for neutering. You think they would neuter with him being ill?
Depends on the illness. Nevee know you bring him the warm house and feed him he might just want to stay just not be held much

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#91 Jan 23, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the illness. Nevee know you bring him the warm house and feed him he might just want to stay just not be held much
:-) Pretty much sums up my husband's and my courtship, Spookerini. LOL

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#92 Jan 23, 2014
O M G
I am busting a gut at all the unintentional comical visuals from the posts here.
All of you should start a TOPIX COMEY CLUB!
Really....very funny stuff!
=~}

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#93 Jan 23, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Culvert was here this a.m. He ate well and I did manage to get some Keflex in his Ocean White Fish gravy and he ate it all. I added a warm bowl of milk and he drank some, usually does not.
Duke, if you are hungry, I will put some food out on the porch!
woof
You know he/she doesn't work and cannot miss reading an entry on here d/t topix addiction.
Did Zuzu start her new meds? Let me know how she takes to them.
Glad that Culvert at least ate! That's a good sign

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#94 Jan 24, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Zuzu start her new meds? Let me know how she takes to them.
Glad that Culvert at least ate! That's a good sign
Breaking news, Culvert looks a little better. Day 2 and he arrived this a.m. and ate his food with antibiotic. Less swelling. I took a picture of him this morning, without his permission, but it is dark. If I have time today, I will add him into to the photos.

MYOB Duke!

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#95 Jan 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking news, Culvert looks a little better. Day 2 and he arrived this a.m. and ate his food with antibiotic. Less swelling. I took a picture of him this morning, without his permission, but it is dark. If I have time today, I will add him into to the photos.
MYOB Duke!
That's great news, Zoe. I'm sure he'll continue to improve. He's lucky to have you. My he keep your home mouse free for many years to come!

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#96 Jan 24, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
O M G
I am busting a gut at all the unintentional comical visuals from the posts here.
All of you should start a TOPIX COMEY CLUB!
Really....very funny stuff!
=~}
You keep us going, Bee. Always upbeat, never spiteful. I admire that.
Ahhh, TGIF!
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#97 Jan 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking news, Culvert looks a little better. Day 2 and he arrived this a.m. and ate his food with antibiotic. Less swelling. I took a picture of him this morning, without his permission, but it is dark. If I have time today, I will add him into to the photos.
MYOB Duke!
No. If you wish to have a private conversation, there are avenues for you to do that.

woof

Since: Oct 10

Bear, DE

#98 Jan 24, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If you wish to have a private conversation, there are avenues for you to do that.
woof
MYOFB

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#100 Jan 24, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking news, Culvert looks a little better. Day 2 and he arrived this a.m. and ate his food with antibiotic. Less swelling. I took a picture of him this morning, without his permission, but it is dark. If I have time today, I will add him into to the photos.
MYOB Duke!
Oh goody! I love pics? Glad he's eating. Sounds like he will be fine!
I just took a pic of Beany........I'll try to post also.
She pulled a blanket down from the couch and is laying in it.
Lol

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#101 Jan 24, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep us going, Bee. Always upbeat, never spiteful. I admire that.
Ahhh, TGIF!
Awwww!
Thanks......I try, but sometimes I want to throw a brick........lol
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#102 Jan 24, 2014
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
MYOFB
"My, you're one fine barrister"?

Yer so kind, Annie.

woof

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#103 Jan 24, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! I love pics? Glad he's eating. Sounds like he will be fine!
I just took a pic of Beany........I'll try to post also.
She pulled a blanket down from the couch and is laying in it.
Lol
His pictures are on. He is getting better. The swelling is down. He has quite a bit of dry drainage on his cheek fur and his eye is improving. Ate another can of food this afternoon, laced with antibiotic. I think I will keep it up for 7-10 days. Thanks for all the information!

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#104 Jan 25, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Zuzu start her new meds? Let me know how she takes to them.
Glad that Culvert at least ate! That's a good sign
Yes, she started the new allergy drug, Apoquel. She has terrible skin issues. She took her first dose today. Hope and pray it will help her.$55.00 to start.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#105 Jan 25, 2014
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
His pictures are on. He is getting better. The swelling is down. He has quite a bit of dry drainage on his cheek fur and his eye is improving. Ate another can of food this afternoon, laced with antibiotic. I think I will keep it up for 7-10 days. Thanks for all the information!
Glad to hear culvert is doing better. Poor kitty. I can't understand people that don't like cats. If they just had opposable thumbs they would far superior to humans instead of kust superior.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#106 Jan 26, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear culvert is doing better. Poor kitty. I can't understand people that don't like cats. If they just had opposable thumbs they would far superior to humans instead of kust superior.
Shiiiiit, Pon duc quoi was looking forward to creating a very special succulent dish with Culvert. Why waste good meat in a starving world...God hates wasteful people. Culvert could've provided much needed protein for three families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CDC official called Obama ‘Marxist,’ ‘Amateur’ ... 22 min Big Johnson 2
Examples of Serious Crimes of Illegal Aliens 2 hr Zoe Regen 9
Republicans are Fun 2 hr d pantz 138
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr zzz 1,183
Womens soccer team is called racist 4 hr Amy 2
Bill Cosby (Democrat) Guilty 6 hr sidekick 4
Happy Independence Day! 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages