|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

And speaking of George Zimmerman getting railroaded:

==========

After spending most of the past year and a half researching, pondering, and speaking to more people closer to the Jerry Sandusky case than likely anyone else in the world, even I am still not positive that I know exactly what really transpired in the so called “Penn State Scandal.” While I am quite certain that the largely accepted media storyline of some concerted “cover up” by Penn State of Sandusky’s crimes is false, I am somewhat convinced that we may never know for sure precisely what actually did occur.

I am also equally persuaded that, thanks to the unique nature of my placement within this story (having no connection to Penn State, having spoken expansively to almost all of the key players in the story but having no direct loyalty to the Paterno family, being the only person to extensively question Sandusky on the record, and not being beholden to a mainstream media outlet or their “conventional wisdom”), I am in a better position to get the real truth of this matter than probably anyone else. Assuming you look at all of it with an open mind, you will likely find that the extensive analysis which follows what you are now reading gets closer to that goal than anything else that has been written to date on this subject.

You will also see that the story of what really happened here is likely both far more interesting and culturally important than the mythology most people currently believe, and that its intrigue and significance has almost nothing to do with whether you care much at all about Joe Paterno or Penn State University.

http://www.framingpaterno.com/betrayal-joe-pa...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

CHAPTER TEN: CONCLUSIONS

One year after the release of the Freeh Report, this is what seems to be reality of the aftermath of the Sandusky scandal and its impact on the State College community:

Joe Paterno’s reputation and legacy have been completely destroyed, the Penn State football program has been crippled, and the university’s reputation has been badly besmirched. Many lives have been greatly damaged, money has been lost, friendships have been severed, and wonderful memories have been painfully erased. The public battle to tell the real truth of what happened here has been badly lost and, thanks to the media shutting down the investigation, there is no chance of that dramatically changing anytime in the near future. The only current hope for justice hangs on two very different court cases, neither of which may ever even reach the point of an actual verdict.

What caused this seemingly dire set of circumstances? Well, in my view it all comes down to lots of cowardice, stupidity and back luck (most of it flowing directly from the “Original Sin” of this story, the decision of the Penn State Board of Trustees to effectively fire Joe Paterno and Graham Spanier, thus creating in the media/public’s mind an irreversible “guilty” plea).

The media and most of the public somehow bought into a scenario which makes absolutely no sense and for which there is shockingly little evidence. Think about it. Joe Paterno, a man without a major ethical blemish in a half century long career of swimming (and winning) in the shark-infested waters of college football, decided to actively protect a child molester who used to work for him, whom he never liked, and who had open disdain for him? Why? To avoid bad publicity, something about which he never previously cared and which would have been highly unlikely to come his direction anyway?

Wow. That is quite a story.

It has always baffled me that that there is absolutely no proportionality in this case when it comes to what we have been asked to believe and the nature of the evidence to justify that scenario. As someone who has a dim view of humanity in general I acknowledge that of course it is possible that Joe Paterno was a complete fraud for 50 years or that he nonsensically decided to throw away his reputation at the end of his life for no apparent reason. But if you are going to convince me of something that outrageous you better at least bring some damn evidence to the table.

Take for instance the O.J. Simpson case. Was it absurd to think that someone like Simpson would kill two people for no seemingly logical reason? Of course it was. But the evidence that he indeed did do that was not only sufficient; it was overwhelming (though sadly, to the criminal jury, a videotape of the crime literally would not have been enough evidence to overcome the absurd burden of proof in that case). In comparison to the proof against Simpson, the evidence against Paterno is like the plains of Texas measured against Mt. Everest (and frankly the evidence of Simpson’s guilt was also stronger than what currently exists against even Sandusky).
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Continued ...

And yet, incredibly, the media is still completely convinced that Paterno is guilty of at least grave moral weakness and potentially criminally running a cover-up to purposefully protect a person he knew to be a pedophile (and yet those who believe in the former scenario seems to have no issue with Paterno being punished based on the very different latter circumstances). The strangest part of their certitude on this issue is their universal unwillingness to debate me or anyone else on the actual facts here. You would think that if you were really so confident in yourself that you would enjoy humiliating someone like me by showing the world how utterly wrong I am. And yet the opposite has been the case. No matter how much money I offer to charity (since they all seem to say that it is the “victims” who matter most) I have never gotten anyone in the media to debate me other than for a few minor bouts on Twitter before they inevitably quickly run away realizing that they are overmatched.

If I ever did get the chance to fairly debate any of these frauds, here are just some of the questions which need to be answered in order to believe that Joe Paterno is indeed “guilty” as charged. Despite enormous efforts to do so, I have never had even one media member even try to sufficiently answer any of them.

How do you have a cover-up without Mike McQueary, the only witness, being intimately involved?

Why is McQueary not even alleging being part of a cover-up in his lawsuit against Penn State?

Why was McQueary not given the open wide receivers job until three years after the incident?

Why was McQueary not prevented from testifying by Paterno or at least told to tone his story down?

Why did Joe Paterno testify in a way which actually partly backed up McQueary, even in his final police interview when he had to know that his “cover up” was falling apart?

Why, when all the principles knew that McQueary had testified almost a year before the story broke was none of the "evidence" destroyed and why were they seemingly completely unprepared for what hit them?

Why did Curley, Schultz and Spanier not even bother to hire their own attorneys and why did Paterno only “hire” his son Scott?

Why did Curley and Schultz not even try to get their stories remotely straight?

Why have Curely, Schultz and Spanier not flipped on each other for a plea bargain?

How is it that Spanier could even be theoretically involved when that would have either required it being his idea (in which case Curley and Schultz would have thrown him under the bus immediately), or that Curley and Schultz nonsensically told their boss that they were going to engage in a cover-up of a pedophile?

Why, if Paterno led a cover-up which destroyed his career/life did Curley release a statement praising his "honor and integrity" when he died?

Why would they cover up the crimes of someone who was an ex coach who no one liked and who had disdain for Paterno?

Why did Paterno follow up with McQueary to ask him if he was okay with how things were being handled and why did he say that he was?

Why has not one person come forward to say that they knew all along that Sandusky was a pedophile?

If they knew Sandusky was a pedophile, why did Penn State football elect to maintain a close relationship with the Second Mile charity long after he left, and even after the 2001 episode?

How was Joe Paterno supposed to know that Sandusky was a pedophile when Jerry’s own wife and several of his kids are still convinced, even after his trial, that he is totally innocent?

What exactly was Joe Paterno supposed to do differently and exactly when was he supposed to do it in order to have not done “wrong” here?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Continued:

Why did Paterno allow writer Joe Posnanski to follow him around and allow him to maintain access during a year which he had to know (if there really was a cover-up) that it was all going to come collapsing down after McQueary testified in late 2010?

Why did Posnanski not find even one significant piece of evidence implicating Paterno?

Why was Paterno, a guilt prone ardent Catholic, smiling and waving publicly after he was just fired for protecting a pedophile and had to know that his cover-up was going to become public?

Why was there not one shred of consciousness of guilt shown by anyone who was supposedly part of the cover-up?

Unfortunately, I have very little confidence that any of these vital questions will ever be answered satisfactorily, mostly because they can’t be without a giant hole being blown out of the media’s conventional wisdom about what really happened here.

After over a year of researching this case far more than I ever imagined that would, here are my current, pretty much unvarnished, thoughts/conclusions on most of the main figures in this story.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Jerry Sandusky:

Like most people, I presumed that Jerry Sandusky was pedophile from the moment the full allegations became public (I even vaguely remember hearing a news story about the grand jury in March of 2011 and instantly thinking “I believe that”). However, my first “blink” reaction after reading the nature of the evidence against him after his arrest was that the prosecution’s case wasn’t nearly as strong as the perception that was being created. Initially it seemed possible to me that the worst of the allegations were being exaggerated, but once the trial/convictions occurred and many other victims came forward I concluded that he was pretty much the “monster” that he was being made out to be (my wife and I even jokingly nicknamed our dominant cat “Sandusky” because of how he would treat our submissive one), though the story of the McQueary episode still never rang true to me.

When I started to correspond with Sandusky via letters/e-mail and finally went to see him in prison I had no desire whatsoever to become his defender in any way. In fact, I made it clear to everyone in his camp that I believed him to be fully guilty and that the only “positive” thing that I was likely to say about him was that his trial was not fair from a due process perspective.

I took very seriously the fact that the interview I did with him would likely be his last chance to tell his story. I felt a great burden from a historical as well as a justice perspective and this only heightened my desire to have no ambiguity in my mind with regard to his overall level of guilt. My life and task going forward would be far less difficult if I did not have to worry that perhaps an injustice of some sort had been done to the most hated man in America. Since I was confident that he was guilty as hell, it was my expectation that this would not be a major problem.

However, despite this profound self interest, after our three hour visit, two phone calls, and well over a dozen letter exchanges, much to my chagrin, I was left with considerable doubt about the true nature of his crimes.

To be clear, I know that Jerry Sandusky is a pedophile who engaged in acts which were criminal, wrong and not to be minimized. As I have told his wife Dottie, I know this because of the following facts:

But while I am sure that Sandusky is indeed a pedophile, I have increasing doubts that he really is the hideous “monster” that he has been made out to be and whether he was really guilty of the most horrific acts of which he was accused. There are several reasons that I have begrudgingly come to this tentative conclusion despite a profound self interest not to do so.(Ironically, even if he wasn’t a pedophile or in prison, I don’t think I would like Sandusky very much. I see him as narcissistic, naïve, weird, not very bright, and a bit of an egomaniac.)

http://www.framingpaterno.com/betrayal-joe-pa...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Repeat:

The media and most of the public somehow bought into a scenario which makes absolutely no sense and for which there is shockingly little evidence. Think about it. Joe Paterno, a man without a major ethical blemish in a half century long career of swimming (and winning) in the shark-infested waters of college football, decided to actively protect a child molester who used to work for him, whom he never liked, and who had open disdain for him? Why? To avoid bad publicity, something about which he never previously cared and which would have been highly unlikely to come his direction anyway?

Wow. That is quite a story.
They cannot kill a spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Wondered where you have been. Glad to see you back
I am off to a waterboard meeting, making up the list of dead beats who will get their water shutoff Friday afternoon.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

FTA: "...But while I am sure that Sandusky is indeed a pedophile, I have increasing doubts that he really is the hideous 'monster' that he has been made out to be and whether he was really guilty of the most horrific acts of which he was accused."

Holy sh#t.
All pedophiles are monsters.

And all college athletic departments believe they are untouchable.

The End.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

They cannot kill a spook wrote:
Wondered where you have been. Glad to see you back
I am off to a waterboard meeting, making up the list of dead beats who will get their water shutoff Friday afternoon.
LOL

Summertime ... enjoying the weather!
yeah now and hey baby

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Ya know EB, Paterno was white with a solid reputation. he needed to be smeared so as a pair of grifting black men would look better by comparison. If they could have dug up anything on Vince Lombardi they would have done so as well. This smear campaign is all part of a demean whitey story line.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

yeah now and hey baby wrote:
Ya know EB, Paterno was white with a solid reputation. he needed to be smeared so as a pair of grifting black men would look better by comparison. If they could have dug up anything on Vince Lombardi they would have done so as well. This smear campaign is all part of a demean whitey story line.
I would go even further than that ... it's just a bunch of jealous losers who want to feel important. They can't wait to tear a good person down because it makes them feel more righteous and better about themselves.

BTW, the author nicknamed his cat Sandusky because he was aggressive and used to go after the less dominant cat in the household.
yeah now and hey baby

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I would go even further than that ... it's just a bunch of jealous losers who want to feel important. They can't wait to tear a good person down because it makes them feel more righteous and better about themselves.
BTW, the author nicknamed his cat Sandusky because he was aggressive and used to go after the less dominant cat in the household.
Make no mistake here, EB. These are knigg-hers with a race replacement agenda who are running down the legendary white men. And if the agenda drivers are whites and doing this, then they are race traitors.

Off topic but relevant: State Farm is running racist ads. Sub judice: an Asian male is with a female obama stain and a stain offspring is in a baby carriage. A mime comes along and stuffs dick in his mouth per the marketing story. Toddler talks all ghetto about the mime. AND HERE"S THE RACISM: Baby daddy (coon_sh^tstain) is absent and an Asian male is presumably the father figure since a black woman is choosing Asian over ghetto black.

However!!! Since when is an Asian male (who says nothing) going to settle for a ghetto black female with a sh^tstain kid?
They cannot kill a spook

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

yeah now and hey baby wrote:
<quoted text>Make no mistake here, EB. These are knigg-hers with a race replacement agenda who are running down the legendary white men. And if the agenda drivers are whites and doing this, then they are race traitors.
Off topic but relevant: State Farm is running racist ads. Sub judice: an Asian male is with a female obama stain and a stain offspring is in a baby carriage. A mime comes along and stuffs dick in his mouth per the marketing story. Toddler talks all ghetto about the mime. AND HERE"S THE RACISM: Baby daddy (coon_sh^tstain) is absent and an Asian male is presumably the father figure since a black woman is choosing Asian over ghetto black.
However!!! Since when is an Asian male (who says nothing) going to settle for a ghetto black female with a sh^tstain kid?
l

A brain damaged one? Maybe a stroke or head trauma
Enzyte Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

I emailed the author and suggested that he call the submissive cat "Bottom".

I also told him the back story about that name.

Hey now you're right about the Asian guy. Never in a million years. But you do see a lot of Vietnamese and Korean war brides and their spawn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••