Columbus Faces Outbreak Of Shigellosis

Sep 12, 2012 Full story: WBNS 57

Health experts said that a current Shigellosis outbreak is worse in Columbus than anywhere else in the state.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sad Citizen

Springboro, OH

#44 Jan 29, 2013
It is terrible what Coleman has brought into the city, property values go down next to all the terror mosques being built and Muslims are plotting terror in these mosques. And on top of all this diseases are going through the roof, deadly flu is killing the elderly, shigellosis is killing infants and disease is spreading everywhere.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#45 Jan 29, 2013
These diseases are common in the areas of Africa where the Somalis come from. Many people are sick from all the diseases that are coming in the country with no filter.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#46 Jan 29, 2013
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Oliver. The evidence is overwhelming.
We just went through this on another thread, Pam.

In fact, the evidence is rather underwhelming.

Apparently the disease spreads rapidly among pre-schoolers in child care--suggesting a need to be concerned about handwashing and diaper-changing protocols.

Some folks, however, have a vested interest in hating on the Mayor and immigrants from other countries.

What's your family's story? What were they running from when they came here (if you think about it, those who came here of free will were almost all running from something)? What kind of welcome did they receive? Think people called them names? Thought that they were dirty? Not as good as the real people already here? Said they brought fleas, bugs, didn't know how to raise their children? Odds are that it happened that way. Some immigrant groups have had it easier than others.

So--who hated you when your folks got here?

Location hidden

#47 Jan 29, 2013
Sad Citizen wrote:
It is terrible what Coleman has brought into the city, property values go down next to all the terror mosques being built and Muslims are plotting terror in these mosques. And on top of all this diseases are going through the roof, deadly flu is killing the elderly, shigellosis is killing infants and disease is spreading everywhere.
There is a mosque within walking distance of my house. Been there for a couple of generations. No evidence of property values dropping or terrorist plotting in the basement.

Most violence ever associated with it was just post-9/11 when it was broken into and vandalized.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#48 Jan 29, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the disease spreads rapidly among pre-schoolers in child care--suggesting a need to be concerned about handwashing and diaper-changing protocols.
Some folks, however, have a vested interest in hating on the Mayor and immigrants from other countries.
What's your family's story? What were they running from when they came here (if you think about it, those who came here of free will were almost all running from something)? What kind of welcome did they receive? Think people called them names? Thought that they were dirty? Not as good as the real people already here? Said they brought fleas, bugs, didn't know how to raise their children? Odds are that it happened that way. Some immigrant groups have had it easier than others.
Seems that all immigrants were reviled if they weren't of British descent, but I seem to remember that immigrants were deloused and screened for diseases when they came through Ellis Island. Why isn't the same protocol used in this day and age?

Location hidden

#49 Jan 29, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that all immigrants were reviled if they weren't of British descent, but I seem to remember that immigrants were deloused and screened for diseases when they came through Ellis Island. Why isn't the same protocol used in this day and age?
We have advanced a bit. Apparently, the delousing and screening mostly applied to steerage. First class passengers moved through more smoothly.

We don't have the same sorts of processes, but people are screened prior to being approved for entry if they are coming as refugees. I'm not totally up on it, but I do believe that proof of innoculations is required for visas--depending on the country and what they are at risk for--or what visitors might be susceptible to.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#50 Jan 29, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I pay higher prices at stores where I feel a little more confident about who has touched the produce, based on too many times of smelling a certain something which transmits diseases at the lower priced stores. With infectious diseases making a comeback and the ever-increasing costs of health care, I think this is only common sense. Sue me.

And by the way - you, with fairly recent European ancestors, hated my ancestors who were here long before your ancestors were.

So much drama, so little time, FKA Reader?

Location hidden

#51 Jan 30, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I pay higher prices at stores where I feel a little more confident about who has touched the produce, based on too many times of smelling a certain something which transmits diseases at the lower priced stores. With infectious diseases making a comeback and the ever-increasing costs of health care, I think this is only common sense. Sue me.
And by the way - you, with fairly recent European ancestors, hated my ancestors who were here long before your ancestors were.
So much drama, so little time, FKA Reader?
Don't recall hating your ancestors.

Frankly, I care little about where you shop or how much you pay. But people have an uncanny ability to find the evidence that they seek when they are trying to support their biases.

Epidemiology tends to be more complex than finding a hated demographic to blame.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#53 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't recall hating your ancestors.
Frankly, I care little about where you shop or how much you pay. But people have an uncanny ability to find the evidence that they seek when they are trying to support their biases.
Epidemiology tends to be more complex than finding a hated demographic to blame.
Why is public health being compromised by brining in unclean people while a German family was recently deported?

Shigellosis is unfair to our children and others who will suffer from these immigrant based disease from cultures that don't use toilet paper.

We are becoming a third world nation more and more each day.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#54 Aug 23, 2013
Thanks Somalis.

Isn't multiculturalism and diversity wonderful?

Doesn't multiculturalism in the form of tens of thousands of Africans bringing bed bugs to our city make our city stronger?

This is the evil and madness of liberalism that brings death in the form of cultural suicide.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#55 Aug 23, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Thanks Somalis.
Isn't multiculturalism and diversity wonderful?
Doesn't multiculturalism in the form of tens of thousands of Africans bringing bed bugs to our city make our city stronger?
This is the evil and madness of liberalism that brings death in the form of cultural suicide.
The beaners bring bedbugs and disease as well as the Africans. Another problem with the bugs is we are not allowed to use DDT and other chloro-??? Types of pesticides. Not even Dursban. So soke blame goes to the Ecco terrorist greenie weenies.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#56 Nov 13, 2013
How much mismanagement can one city take?

It's time for Coleman to join Gene Harris in retirement.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#57 Dec 21, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
These folks are a danger to public health especially as they do not wash their hands of filthy feces.
The sink at one of the restrooms at Alum Creek had to be removed after it was filled with human feces, probably the Somalis as they do not understand the difference between a tiolet and a sink.
It is terrible that these people were brought here after how they killed our soldiers and dragged their bodies through the streets. The more that come over here, the more our culture will go into decline, violent, filthy and filled with 3rd world diseases.
Agree.
Duke for Mayor

New Albany, OH

#58 Dec 22, 2013
I thought I had diarrhea.

woof
Leon Mount

Dayton, OH

#59 Dec 22, 2013
Everytime the US invades another foreign country, a flood of dissident refugees from the targeted nation arrive as immigrants to the US.

Somalia is no exception.

Expect a flood of Iranian immigrants in the not too distant future.

All of the fools that believed the mideast wars were about stealing oil, please leave the US. The collective average IQ will increase after you leave.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#60 Feb 11, 2014
Oliver wrote:
This can be directly tied to massive Somali immigration and their third world sanitation.
Shigellosis, also known as bacillary dysentery or Marlow Syndrome, in its most severe manifestation, is a foodborne illness caused by infection by bacteria of the genus Shigella. Shigellosis rarely occurs in animals other than humans and other primates like monkeys and chimpanzees.[1]
The causative organism is frequently found in water polluted with human feces, and is transmitted via the fecal-oral route. The usual mode of transmission is directly person-to-person hand-to-mouth, in the setting of poor hygiene among children.
End the Refugee Program immediately. Somalis have brought Shigellosis, bed bugs, whooping cough and female circumcision to Columbus and if it not stopped soon it will be too late.
That's right Oliver. You need to keep a can of bed bug stray handy if you sit anywhere in Columbus and any public water is extreme dangerous and likely to be infected by the feces of third world aliens.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#61 Feb 16, 2014
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Oliver. You need to keep a can of bed bug stray handy if you sit anywhere in Columbus and any public water is extreme dangerous and likely to be infected by the feces of third world aliens.
Thanks Mayor Coleman.

Thanks Obama.

Thanks Democrats.

Beware of public water and also of your back packs, duffle bags and gym bags. Spray them with bed bug spray before taking them into your home. Home Depot has excellent bed bug stray.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 11 min Neutral Party 4,961
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 29 min UberGenius 1,025
Who do you side with in New York and why? 34 min Reality Speaks 24
COPS lives MATTER 45 min Neutral Party 212
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 54 min Catman Dave 14
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 2 hr shanikwah university 13
men who wear nighties (Sep '13) 5 hr Andrew 48 39
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info