GM to Invest $691M in Mexico

GM to Invest $691M in Mexico

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 28, 2013
Really...what can be said?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

GM to Invest $691 Million in Mexico

by Wynton Hall

General Motors Co.(GM) announced on Wednesday that it will spend $691 million to build and expand its factories in Mexico.

GM Mexico President Ernest Hernandez said the move will boost Mexican employment and development.

"The automotive sector is today one of the pillars of the national economy, representing more than 20 percent of manufacturing GDP and continues to be, for many reasons, a fundamental industry in attracting investments to productive sectors of the economy," said Hernandez.

GM says it plans to open a new factory in Silao and enhance its San Luis Potosi facilities.

“GM is about to reach 78 years in Mexico and we celebrate it with this new investment, which means more employment and development opportunities for the regions,” said Hernandez.

Early this month, the Los Angeles Times reported that American taxpayers lost nearly $10 billion on the GM taxpayer-funded bailout.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 28, 2013
Two points:

1. American companies making a point that they will speak with someone within the USA. Discover, for example. Outsourcing, automated phone seems to be on the way out. I can attest that when I have had an issue and called, India answered, I just tell them I want to speak to someone in America. Peggy transfers.

2. Bottom line, our American dinero doesn't matter to any elected official.
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/lattes-lawm...

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#3 Jun 28, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Two points:
1. American companies making a point that they will speak with someone within the USA. Discover, for example. Outsourcing, automated phone seems to be on the way out. I can attest that when I have had an issue and called, India answered, I just tell them I want to speak to someone in America. Peggy transfers.
2. Bottom line, our American dinero doesn't matter to any elected official.
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/lattes-lawm...
Haven't you invested at least half that amount in Mexico? Spook is gonna be pizzed.
They cannot kill a spook

Toledo, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you invested at least half that amount in Mexico? Spook is gonna be pizzed.
I don't buy Obama buggies no matter where they are made.
Glitter disappoints me when she gives money to those filthy beaners. The only way to pay a beaner is with lead, delivered at high velocity to it's head.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 28, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't buy Obama buggies no matter where they are made.
Glitter disappoints me when she gives money to those filthy beaners. The only way to pay a beaner is with lead, delivered at high velocity to it's head.
Okay, no sombrero souvenir for you...

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#6 Jun 28, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, no sombrero souvenir for you...
I'd like one of those little Coronita bottles with the serape and tiny sombrero :)
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 28, 2013
Excellent news! More jobs in Mexico means less emigration to the United States.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9/23/17 What's going to happen? 38 min Something or Nothing 1
UTrashy & Spook 2 hr UTrashy 39
Power sought to unmask on almost daily basis, s... 4 hr 404 not found 1
Example of how the Dems Weaponized the FBI 4 hr 404 not found 1
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 4 hr 404 not found 533
Why do Republicans love Russian lovers more tha... 4 hr 404 not found 3
Liberals Should Leave, Give Space To Native Ame... 7 hr Mud, James Mud 7
EXCLUSIVE: 6 U.S Agencies Conspired to Wiretap ... 12 hr 404 not found 30

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web