Daughter backs dismissed teacher's fight

Carla Hale, left, is seeking reinstatement to her phys-ed job at Bishop Watterson High School. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#23 May 26, 2013
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>
Having children is natural. Sterile sex is unnatural. All (normal) mammals seek to reproduce.
more wisdom contained in the Bible:

Men and women have different qualities and different strengths and weaknesses. One of the purposes of marriage and one of the reasons that the Church considers it a sacrament is that God is uniting the complementary attributes and skills of one man and one woman together to become a complete unit under God.

Two men and two women don't compliment each other in the same way that a man and a woman can.

This seems to be lost on the pop culture people who have been brainwashed to believe that the Bible is a series of superstitions and myths without realizing the wisdom it contains.

(You can learn a lot from Catholic Radio.)
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#24 May 26, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case.
Leviticus calls them both "abominations." You rely on some website to tell you which abominations are ok and which abominations are abominations?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#25 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, you didn't read it.
You and your close-minded leftist cohorts never consider any fact that conflicts with your ideology.
Slaves...the lot of you.
Pitiful.
Fact? You call religious superstitions fact and refer to others as slaves. Priceless.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#26 May 26, 2013
You are clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Obvious you didn't read it at all. Probably looked for a phrase that would support your raging hatred of Christianity, took it out of context, and assumed that your position is absolutely, without a doubt, correct. All in order to continue forth with your black and white arguments.
"...in order to interpret what the text MEANS, it will often take quite a bit of study into the backgrounds and contexts of the texts we are dealing with."
Shutup and go away already, unless you are willing to do as the author suggests--to study and read for understanding of background and context.
How many different definitions of "abomination" are there in Leviticus?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#27 May 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Che is like this on every thread, and every subject. She's just a big ball of hate toward pretty much everyone who isn't a flaming atheist leftist tool.
It's funny how you take a simple question and turn it into hatred. You would think you would be able to answer the question instead of attacking the person asking it.

You respond to a simple question by calling me a "flaming atheist leftist tool" and you accuse me of hate. Hope classically, hypocritically, Christian of you.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#28 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact? You call religious superstitions fact and refer to others as slaves. Priceless.
The first law of nature is survival of the species.
And that's a fact, Jack.

Location hidden

#29 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How many different definitions of "abomination" are there in Leviticus?
Irrelevant.

The Apostle Paul stated repeatedly that Christians are not under the Old Testament Law. In Galatians 2:1516 he wrote, "A man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ." In Romans 7:4, "You also died to the law through the body of Christ." In Galatians 3:25, "Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law."

Jesus Christ said in Matthew 5:17, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Jesus restated some of the Old Testament laws (19:1819); modified some (5:3132); strengthened some (5:2122, 2728 ); and, others He changed significantly (5:3337, 3842, 4347). Some laws He abrogated entirely (Mark 7:1519).

But...no matter which translation you read, God's condemnation of homosexual practice was clearly restated in the New Testament, in Romans 1:26-27:

"...Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

And, Christianity aside, rational human beings recognize same-sex behaviors as aberrant to nature and nature's laws.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#30 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus calls them both "abominations." You rely on some website to tell you which abominations are ok and which abominations are abominations?
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read it at all.
/thread

Ivy League-ISIS

#31 May 26, 2013
http://timothyjhammons.com/2010/04/17/refutin...

http://theology.nd.edu/

Seeing that you don't think anything we say is accurate, go ask the people on the second link.

(Not like we haven't told you that before)

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#32 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how you take a simple question and turn it into hatred. You would think you would be able to answer the question instead of attacking the person asking it.
You respond to a simple question by calling me a "flaming atheist leftist tool" and you accuse me of hate. Hope classically, hypocritically, Christian of you.
Truth is truth, kid. You truly are as I described you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#33 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The first law of nature is survival of the species.
And that's a fact, Jack.
Yeah. Not reproducing fast enough is the biggest threat to the survival of the species.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#34 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
The Apostle Paul stated repeatedly that Christians are not under the Old Testament Law. In Galatians 2:1516 he wrote, "A man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ." In Romans 7:4, "You also died to the law through the body of Christ." In Galatians 3:25, "Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law."
Jesus Christ said in Matthew 5:17, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Jesus restated some of the Old Testament laws (19:1819); modified some (5:3132); strengthened some (5:2122, 2728 ); and, others He changed significantly (5:3337, 3842, 4347). Some laws He abrogated entirely (Mark 7:1519).
But...no matter which translation you read, God's condemnation of homosexual practice was clearly restated in the New Testament, in Romans 1:26-27:
"...Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
And, Christianity aside, rational human beings recognize same-sex behaviors as aberrant to nature and nature's laws.
The discussion was Leviticus. The poster who first raised the premise cited Leviticus.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#35 May 26, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
/thread
If you need to go to this effort to explain why God didn't mean what God said, there may be a little weakness in your position.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#36 May 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Truth is truth, kid. You truly are as I described you.
And you as I did.

Location hidden

#37 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion was Leviticus. The poster who first raised the premise cited Leviticus.
God consistently condemns same-sex behaviors in both the OT and the NT.
You have no point.
As always.

Location hidden

#38 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need to go to this effort to explain why God didn't mean what God said, there may be a little weakness in your position.
God meant exactly what He said when He condemned same-sex behaviors in both the OT and the NT; and further, when He lifted OT dietary laws in the NT.

You look the fool attempting to discuss topics on which you have no knowledge.

Location hidden

#39 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Not reproducing fast enough is the biggest threat to the survival of the species.
Even Darwin would peg you a fool.

Ivy League-ISIS

#40 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go ask them.

http://theology.nd.edu/
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#41 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
God consistently condemns same-sex behaviors in both the OT and the NT.
You have no point.
As always.
I wasn't the one who first cited Leviticus. You should be mad at that poster for citing an irrelevant book for his position.

Ivy League-ISIS

#42 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
God meant exactly what He said when He condemned same-sex behaviors in both the OT and the NT; and further, when He lifted OT dietary laws in the NT.
You look the fool attempting to discuss topics on which you have no knowledge.
The dietary laws were not lifted, they were fulfilled. Their existence was to make the chosen people distinct.

Mark 7:18-19

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas Prices Dip Below $2 A Gallon Across Central... 9 min Neutral Party 8
2 magical days until Christmas 10 min Dr Phillips PhD 71
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 22 min Neutral Party 4,927
Armengau, 5 other lawyers face misconduct charges 50 min Big Johnson 1
Who do you side with in New York and why? 52 min They cannot kill ... 19
Central Ohio filmgoers lining up to see - The I... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
COPS lives MATTER 3 hr Neutral Party 183
Merry Christmas everybody 12 hr Duke for Mayor 35
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus