Daughter backs dismissed teacher's fight

Daughter backs dismissed teacher's fight

There are 40 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from May 25, 2013, titled Daughter backs dismissed teacher's fight. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Carla Hale, left, is seeking reinstatement to her phys-ed job at Bishop Watterson High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cas

Zanesville, OH

#1 May 25, 2013
Is this really "news"?

Of course her daughter would back her mother's position; probably her ex-husband does too. This is NOT "news"; it's just some way for TCD to continue to keep this item before the public.
The Book The Book

Chillicothe, OH

#3 May 26, 2013
According to my Bible homosexuality is just plain wrong, Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination.

This is the same Bible that says "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's wife."

This also proves homosexuality is a "choice" as even Hale has a biological daughter.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 May 26, 2013
The Book The Book wrote:
According to my Bible homosexuality is just plain wrong, Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind. It is abomination.
This is the same Bible that says "Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's wife."
This also proves homosexuality is a "choice" as even Hale has a biological daughter.
No, strictly speaking that Lev 18:22 only forbids men laying with men. It says nothing about women doing the same.

And it proves nothing of the sort. Homosexuality is as much about choice as being left-handed. Wake up and get with the times.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#5 May 26, 2013
The Book The Book wrote:
So is eating shellfish. You can worship ancient mythology if you like. Just spare the rest of us.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#6 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So is eating shellfish. You can worship ancient mythology if you like. Just spare the rest of us.
http://www.apologeticalliance.com/blog/2012/1...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#8 May 26, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
Is that your way of saying only some of the Bible matters? What you like is the Gospel what you don't like is just allegory? And why didn't you post this link to the guy who cited Leviticus?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#9 May 26, 2013
the beloved hey now wrote:
<quoted text>You can live and let live. But you filthy progressive vermin just can't.
What?

Ivy League-ISIS

#10 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your way of saying only some of the Bible matters? What you like is the Gospel what you don't like is just allegory? And why didn't you post this link to the guy who cited Leviticus?
I don't think you read it correctly.

I posted it in response to your use of the "shellfish fallacy"
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#11 May 26, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you read it correctly.
I posted it in response to your use of the "shellfish fallacy"
I didn't read it at all. The guy I responded to cited Leviticus for homosexuality being an "abomination." Leviticus describes eating shellfish the same way. You disagree?

Ivy League-ISIS

#12 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read it at all.
I rest my case.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read it at all. The guy I responded to cited Leviticus for homosexuality being an "abomination." Leviticus describes eating shellfish the same way. You disagree?
Naturally, you didn't read it.
You and your close-minded leftist cohorts never consider any fact that conflicts with your ideology.

Slaves...the lot of you.
Pitiful.
You are clueless

Galloway, OH

#14 May 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Obvious you didn't read it at all. Probably looked for a phrase that would support your raging hatred of Christianity, took it out of context, and assumed that your position is absolutely, without a doubt, correct. All in order to continue forth with your black and white arguments.

"...in order to interpret what the text MEANS, it will often take quite a bit of study into the backgrounds and contexts of the texts we are dealing with."

Shutup and go away already, unless you are willing to do as the author suggests--to study and read for understanding of background and context.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#15 May 26, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case.
"Lawyers" don't need to read...that's for clerks and the other little people.

-Clayton Bigsby

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#16 May 26, 2013
You are clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Obvious you didn't read it at all. Probably looked for a phrase that would support your raging hatred of Christianity, took it out of context, and assumed that your position is absolutely, without a doubt, correct. All in order to continue forth with your black and white arguments.
"...in order to interpret what the text MEANS, it will often take quite a bit of study into the backgrounds and contexts of the texts we are dealing with."
Shutup and go away already, unless you are willing to do as the author suggests--to study and read for understanding of background and context.
Che is like this on every thread, and every subject. She's just a big ball of hate toward pretty much everyone who isn't a flaming atheist leftist tool.

Location hidden

#17 May 26, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>"Lawyers" don't need to read...that's for clerks and the other little people.
Trust me...s/he's a little person.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#18 May 26, 2013
You are clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic technique of spinners...which is one of many reasons the bible is so useless. Say what you mean and mean what you say, and you have no problems. But no, those who seek to impose their will on others use this opaquely written abomination to justify their actions.

Best and only thing you need from the bible: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Location hidden

#19 May 26, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Best and only thing you need from the bible: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
In other words, keep your word.
Don't break the terms of a mutual contract.
Pamela

Plain City, OH

#20 May 26, 2013
The Book The Book wrote:
I agree and so does science that homosexuality is an abomination.

A square peg does not go into a round hole, dicks are for chicks.
Pamela

Plain City, OH

#21 May 26, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
No, strictly speaking that Lev 18:22 only forbids men laying with men. It says nothing about women doing the same.
And it proves nothing of the sort. Homosexuality is as much about choice as being left-handed. Wake up and get with the times.
Having children is natural. Sterile sex is unnatural. All (normal) mammals seek to reproduce.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#22 May 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, you didn't read it.
You and your close-minded leftist cohorts never consider any fact that conflicts with your ideology.
Slaves...the lot of you.
Pitiful.
Caught this line in a blog today and think its applies here:

"... punk (rock) was always about being transgressive. And nowadays, as Iíve noted, thereís nothing more transgressive than old-fashioned values."

The Bible and the traditional Christian way of living contains way too much wisdom for the average person brainwashed by the pop culture secularism to comprehend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump wants to replace food stamps with BEANS &... 4 min rowdy01 54
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 6 min 404 not found 1,363
Public Breastfeeding Age Restriction 21 min Palesmoodgeface 46
Peter Kurto Columbus Industries 41 min 404 not found 10
News Ohio county to distribute bags that deactivate ... 42 min 404 not found 2
Spending ? 1 hr 404 not found 2
Funny how the "Me Too" campaign never mentions ... 1 hr Reality Speaks 37

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance