wiseamerican

Columbus, OH

#308 Oct 31, 2013
dunadd wrote:
I won't interrupt you two pieces of intelligentsia, conversing among yourselves with your nothingness.
It's Bush's fault.
wiseamerican

Columbus, OH

#309 Oct 31, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>I don't lie, scum bag.
Wait until the Jackets win the Stanley Cup.
You'll be too blind and feeble by the time that happens.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#310 Oct 31, 2013
Abraham lived to be 175 years old. Oh I forgot. That's from that book most believe is fairy tale. Much rather believe quran, Manifesto or Mein Kampf!

Since: Jun 13

Utopia, Ohio

#311 Nov 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>You hate it when the mud you sling gets caught in the wind and splatters right back in your face, huh Paco?

Tell me how Prescott Bush got rich.

woof
Prescott Bush was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany...The Thyssen steel and coal company is a good start.

I'm sure Mr. Martinez would not like to answer that question, so I did it for him.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#312 Nov 1, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Prescott Bush was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany...The Thyssen steel and coal company is a good start.
I'm sure Mr. Martinez would not like to answer that question, so I did it for him.
Tell us about Joe Kennedy's Nazi connections, booner.
Then tell us how any talk of Bush or Kennedy even remotely relates to the subject under discussion.
Your double digit IQ is quite a handicap, isn't it?

Since: Jun 13

Utopia, Ohio

#313 Nov 1, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us about Joe Kennedy's Nazi connections, booner.
Then tell us how any talk of Bush or Kennedy even remotely relates to the subject under discussion.
Your double digit IQ is quite a handicap, isn't it?
Your rambling is laughable and sad, yet expected. I was simply answering a question that I felt like answering. As I told you, this is not your playground and I don't answer to you.

Joe Kennedy didn't like Jewish gangsters. He was a bootlegger with the Italian Mafia...Jewish mobsters were a rival gang. Hate of rivals was inherit to him at that time. So I guess he was pro-Hitler, but he was not directly involved like Prescott Bush. I know truth makes you angry, plus I whip your ass every time your post.

Dolt.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#314 Nov 1, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rambling is laughable and sad, yet expected. I was simply answering a question that I felt like answering. As I told you, this is not your playground and I don't answer to you.
Joe Kennedy didn't like Jewish gangsters. He was a bootlegger with the Italian Mafia...Jewish mobsters were a rival gang. Hate of rivals was inherit to him at that time. So I guess he was pro-Hitler, but he was not directly involved like Prescott Bush. I know truth makes you angry, plus I whip your ass every time your post.
Dolt.
You moron, Joe Kennedy was ambassador to Britain in the pre-war 1930s and cut all sorts of deals with Herr Hitler. You truly are an ignorant sot, aren't you?

Since: Jun 13

Utopia, Ohio

#315 Nov 1, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>You moron, Joe Kennedy was ambassador to Britain in the pre-war 1930s and cut all sorts of deals with Herr Hitler. You truly are an ignorant sot, aren't you?
I know who Joe Kennedy was, dolt. He was partners with Frank Costello of the Gambino family in New York, during prohibition, that's circumstantial evidence, never proven...other mobsters claimed that Joe was a partner. His real source of his money was his business sense. As a stockbroker he made deals that became illegal later. Kennedy was anti-semantic, but he was also very anti-communist. He NEVER had any financial dealings with Hitler or Nazi Germany. He thought Roosevelt was under Jewish influence, but he never had business deals like Prescott Bush.

You're going to have to do better. You are not very sharp.
liberal feelings

Elkview, WV

#316 Nov 1, 2013
If you hateful, bigoted, homophobic, tobacco chewing, hill jack, gun crazed, toothless, redneck, republicans don't like the U.S.A then leave and don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out!

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#317 Nov 1, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who Joe Kennedy was, dolt. He was partners with Frank Costello of the Gambino family in New York, during prohibition, that's circumstantial evidence, never proven...other mobsters claimed that Joe was a partner. His real source of his money was his business sense. As a stockbroker he made deals that became illegal later. Kennedy was anti-semantic, but he was also very anti-communist. He NEVER had any financial dealings with Hitler or Nazi Germany. He thought Roosevelt was under Jewish influence, but he never had business deals like Prescott Bush.
You're going to have to do better. You are not very sharp.
Look at the booner desperately trying to protect a guy who would have had him as a servant...

1939: U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain Joseph Kennedy cashes in on a bit of inside knowledge. With access to top secret intelligence information in his position as Ambassador, Kennedy learns that Hitler is about to invade Czechoslovakia. Kennedy short-sells Czech stock, the Germans invade, the Czech stock market collapses and Kennedy clears $500,000.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#318 Nov 1, 2013
liberal feelings wrote:
If you hateful, bigoted, homophobic, tobacco chewing, hill jack, gun crazed, toothless, redneck, republicans don't like the U.S.A then leave and don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out!
Oh the irony, with the West Virginia location stamp...
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#320 Nov 1, 2013
Not all West Virginians are like poster 316. Some are real Americans. I have actually met West Virginians, Polaks, Hindus and others of different ethnicities and cultures who could carry on intelligent conversations.
Come to think of it, I have never met a muzlim of such persuasion but I hae gone out of my way to stay clear of them and I certainly don't corner them in Wal Marts nor go to mosque.
Memory kicked in. I used to deliver to a stop in Marietta, Georgia who hired ethnics, some Viets, Hispanics and there were a group of Pakis worked there. I carried a paperback quran which I read, studied some and one day this group of Pakis came upon me waiting to get unloaded, reading my Penguin edition of quran and you would have thought I had committed the cardinal sin. They got very agitated, animated and hostile looking. I went to my cab and put the book in it. They never again approached me to talk or unload my truck. The Vietnamese unloaded after that.
this was like mid 90s and I have shunned muzlims since. I ain't getting involved with them.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#321 Nov 1, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Hitler and/or the Nazis benefit from that transaction, Georgieboy?
Show your work.
You're simply proving that blacks don't know a thing about history:

Kennedy rejected the warnings of the prominent Member of Parliament Winston Churchill that any compromise with Nazi Germany was impossible. Instead, Kennedy supported Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain's apparent policy of appeasement.

Throughout 1938, while the Nazi persecution of the Jews in Germany and Austria intensified, Kennedy attempted to arrange a meeting with Adolf Hitler.[33] Shortly before the Nazi aerial bombing of British cities began in September 1940, Kennedy once again sought a personal meeting with Hitler, again without the approval of the Department of State, "to bring about a better understanding between the United States and Germany".[34] It has been surmised that Kennedy also had personal reasons for wanting to avoid war.

Kennedy also argued strongly against giving military and economic aid to the United Kingdom. "Democracy is finished in England. It may be here," he stated in the Boston Sunday Globe of November 10, 1940. With Nazi German troops having overrun Poland, Denmark, Norway, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and France, and with bombs falling daily on Great Britain, Kennedy unambiguously and repeatedly stated his belief that this war was not about saving democracy from National Socialism (Nazism) or from Fascism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_P._Kenned...

You think that wasn't worth something to the Germans, Torchy?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#322 Nov 1, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Prescott Bush was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany...The Thyssen steel and coal company is a good start.
I'm sure Mr. Martinez would not like to answer that question, so I did it for him.
Aw, gee - you're a hater, too? Blow, Gabriel, blow! The Anti-Defamation League would disagree with you.

"Rumors about the alleged Nazi "ties" of the late Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, have circulated widely through the Internet in recent years. These charges are untenable and politically motivated.

Despite some early financial dealings between Prescott Bush and a Nazi industrialist named Fritz Thyssen (who was arrested by the Nazi regime in 1938 and imprisoned during the war), Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer."

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/cyber-safet...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#323 Nov 1, 2013
Gabriels Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who Joe Kennedy was, dolt. He was partners with Frank Costello of the Gambino family in New York, during prohibition, that's circumstantial evidence, never proven...other mobsters claimed that Joe was a partner. His real source of his money was his business sense. As a stockbroker he made deals that became illegal later. Kennedy was anti-semantic, but he was also very anti-communist. He NEVER had any financial dealings with Hitler or Nazi Germany. He thought Roosevelt was under Jewish influence, but he never had business deals like Prescott Bush.
You're going to have to do better. You are not very sharp.
As easily as you are disproven time and time again, I wouldn't say you're the bright bulb in the bunch, either.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#324 Nov 1, 2013
BTW, the whole Prescott Bush thing appears on multiple conspiracy theory sites. Y'all are conspiracy theorists now?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#325 Nov 1, 2013
turtleluv6 says:
"In fact, the allegations are dealt with in less than two pages. The book refers to the Herald-Tribune story by saying that &quot;a person of less established ethics would have panicked ... Bush and his partners at Brown Brothers Harriman informed the government regulators that the account, opened in the late 1930s, was ''an unpaid courtesy for a client''... Prescott Bush acted quickly and openly on behalf of the firm, served well by a reputation that had never been compromised. He made available all records and all documents. Viewed six decades later in the era of serial corporate scandals and shattered careers, he received what can be viewed as the ultimate clean bill.&quot;

The Prescott Bush story has been condemned by both conservatives and some liberals as having nothing to do with the current president. It has also been suggested that Prescott Bush had little to do with Averill Harriman and that the two men opposed each other politically."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-250_162-4098603-1...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#326 Nov 1, 2013
And if you ARE going to talk about Bush, at least be honest and admit that Obama is simply following up to what Bush did, while persuading the public otherwise. Or can none of you be honest?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#328 Nov 1, 2013
Paco seems to be forgetting that diplomats serve at the pleasure of the President.

woof

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#329 Nov 1, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dumbass. I asked you how this transaction benefitted the Germans:
"1939: U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain Joseph Kennedy cashes in on a bit of inside knowledge. With access to top secret intelligence information in his position as Ambassador, Kennedy learns that Hitler is about to invade Czechoslovakia. Kennedy short-sells Czech stock, the Germans invade, the Czech stock market collapses and Kennedy clears $500,000." ~ Georgieboy
I can see how it benefitted Kennedy, but how exactly did the Germans prosper from this short sale of Czech stock?
Prescott Bush engaged in deals that were mutually beneficial to both himself and the Nazis.
Joe Kennedy engaged in deals that were beneficial only to himself.
At least Kennedy didn't help the Nazis to prosper by his business dealings, unlike Bush.
Your logic and reasoning skills are substandard, Georgeleh.
You really are dense if you think deals advantageous to governments are always measured in dollars. If you can't see how valuable a propaganda mouthpiece like Kennedy was to the Germans, you can't be reasoned with. Are you familiar with the term, "Quid pro quo"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 9 min Pope Che Reagan C... 4,059
President Ebola 12 min Black Rhino 731
Kaci Hickox : Maine nurse who vows to break Ebo... 2 hr Law abiding citizen 7
Fall SPOOKTACULAR 3 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 4 hr Reality Speaks 287
Second person arrested for South Side homicide ... (Jul '10) 7 hr TRU OR DUNN DUNN 28
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 15 hr Male 149
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 16 hr Id rather not 2,483

Freeze Watch for Franklin County was issued at October 31 at 11:12AM EDT

Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]