Ohio bishop: Gay teacher's firing about moral values

May 1, 2013 Full story: Ohio.com 88

COLUMBUS: The Roman Catholic bishop in central Ohio says the firing of a gay teacher at a Columbus Catholic school was based not on her sexual orientation but on the need to maintain the institution's values.

Full Story
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#23 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What astounds me is that you homosexuals are not on the side of the homosexual priests. I assume your anti-Christian mindset compels you to attack the Church as a priority over defending your peers. For example:
BLK, a leading black homosexual publication, defended pedophilia with an article entitled, "Must Men Who Love Boys Be Guilty of Sexual Misconduct?"
San Francisco’s leading homosexual newspaper, The Sentinel, bluntly editorialized, "The love between man and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality."
In 1995, the homosexual magazine Guide stated:
"We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few
voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are
naturally sexual, that they deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose ...[w]e must listen to our prophets. Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality .... We must do it for the children’s sake."
Riddle me this: You denigrate Boy Scouts of America for disallowing homosexuals into its ranks; however, you denounce the Catholic Church for having allowed them...and for overlooking their natural sexual behaviors?
Now that the Church realizes its mistake and is moving to correct it [hence, Ms. Hale's termination]...you're back to bullying it again?
Not only are you all sexually confused; it is clear you suffer also from multiple personality disorder.
You certainly get all worked up over what other people do that does not involve you.

You seem to be struggling with an issue of some sort.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#24 May 1, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly get all worked up over what other people do that does not involve you.
You seem to be struggling with an issue of some sort.
Psychologically-disordered homosexuals being hired [and forcing their way] into positions of authority over children is an issue that involves all parents.

Some day you'll grow up and understand.
Mission Impossible

Justice, IL

#25 May 1, 2013
One has to wonder why she became a lesbian mole within this organization.

The mole was found, and whacked.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#27 May 1, 2013
Sick of Bigots wrote:
Oh, please! A catholic bishop is going to lecture about morality. What was child abuse. Just diddling?
Speaking of bigots...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#28 May 1, 2013
I don't buy ANY of their excuses about firing people for some need to uphold values, morals, or religious tenets or commandments. They'd have to fire EVERYONE, including themselves. It's almost laughable that lying hypocrites think they have the moral upper ground.

Then again, I never understood why anyone of moderate intelligence who happens to be gay would want to associate with the Catholic church anyway.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#29 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What astounds me is that you homosexuals are not on the side of the homosexual priests.
Your ASSumption that whoever supports Ms Hale's position is a homosexual just shows your ignorance. So is your assumption that just because someone is homosexual, they would approve of adults having sex with children.

I'd be careful if I were you. Should assumptions like yours become widespread, society will respond by restricting your rights in ways you won't particularly like... Control freaks hate it when they become the controlled.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#30 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
What astounds me is that you homosexuals are not on the side of the homosexual priests. I assume your anti-Christian mindset compels you to attack the Church as a priority over defending your peers. For example:
BLK, a leading black homosexual publication, defended pedophilia with an article entitled, "Must Men Who Love Boys Be Guilty of Sexual Misconduct?"
San Francisco’s leading homosexual newspaper, The Sentinel, bluntly editorialized, "The love between man and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality."
naturally sexual, that they deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose ...[w]e must listen to our prophets. Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality .... We must do it for the children’s sake."
Riddle me this: You denigrate Boy Scouts of America for disallowing homosexuals into its ranks; however, you denounce the Catholic Church for having allowed them...and for overlooking their natural sexual behaviors?
Now that the Church realizes its mistake and is moving to correct it [hence, Ms. Hale's termination]...you're back to bullying it again?
Not only are you all sexually confused; it is clear you suffer also from multiple personality disorder.
Your self-flattery is futile; sugar
We have our own churches across America and in 42 nations
The catholic 'church' is no competition

Location hidden

#31 May 1, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ASSumption that whoever supports Ms Hale's position is a homosexual just shows your ignorance.
I was speaking specifically to homosexuals and their multiple personality disorder with respect to fellow homosexuals within the priesthood.
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your assumption that just because someone is homosexual, they would approve of adults having sex with children.

I'd be careful if I were you. Should assumptions like yours become widespread, society will respond by restricting your rights in ways you won't particularly like... Control freaks hate it when they become the controlled.
Assumptions? Hardly. Seriously, Tony, what else can be said?...:

We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are naturally sexual, that they deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose...[w]e must listen to our prophets. Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality....We must do it for the children’s sake."

The founder of the infamous homosexual group, ACT-UP, Larry Kramer, wrote in his book, Report from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist, "In those instances where children do have sex with their homosexual elders, be they teachers or anyone else, I submit that often, very often, the child desires the activity, and perhaps even solicits it."

Andy Humm, a key leader of one of America’s largest gay youth groups, Advocates for Youth, said, "No one should be denied basic civil rights because of his or her orientation, whether the person be homosexual, heterosexual, transsexual, transvestite, pedophile, sadist, masochist, asexual, whatever one can imagine....They are in themselves natural variations."

And, yeah...we should seek to control this type of psychological perversion from wreaking havoc on society and harming our children.

Hilliard, OH

#33 May 1, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is the catalyst for 100% of the adult-child sex abuse cases in the catholic 'church'
Shut down the entire catholic 'church' worldwide and the abuse problem is solved
The sooner we can put the catholic 'church' out of business; the sooner they will stop using gay people as scapegoats
Silly fruitcake:

Insurance companies, child advocacy groups and religion scholars say there is no evidence that Catholic clergy are more likely to be involved in sexual misconduct than other clergy or professionals. Yet ongoing civil litigation of decades-old cases against a church with deep pockets keeps the Catholic Church in the headlines.

“There is no plausible evidence that Catholic priests are gangs of sexual predators, as they are being portrayed,” said Pennsylvania State University Prof. Philip Jenkins, eminent religion and history scholar, and a non-Catholic who’s studied the church’s abuse problems for 20 years.

Jenkins said there has been no formal study comparing denominations for rates of child abuse. However, insurers have been assessing the risks since they began offering riders on liability policies in the 1980s. Two of the largest insurers report no higher risks in covering Catholic churches than Protestant denominations.

Wisconsin-based Church Mutual Insurance Co. has 100,000 client churches and has seen a steady filing of about five sexual molestation cases a week for more than a decade, even though its client base has grown.

“It would be incorrect to call it a Catholic problem,” said Church Mutual’s risk control manager, Rick Schaber.“We do not see one denomination above another. It’s equal. It’s also equal among large metropolitan churches and small rural churches.”
http://blogs.denverpost.com/hark/2010/05/25/s...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#35 May 1, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Silly fruitcake:
Did you know 'fruit' was first used in the Bible where only gay men will make it to heaven
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
Men who have sex with women won't get in
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++
Its in Thee Book ;o))

Planet Earth

#36 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking specifically to homosexuals and their multiple personality disorder with respect to fellow homosexuals within the priesthood.
<quoted text>
Assumptions? Hardly. Seriously, Tony, what else can be said?...:
Hmmm. seems they ignored lesbians... Maybe it's not as representative as you'd like to think. And what of priests who have had sex with girls. Are they homosexual too?
hello

Columbus, OH

#37 May 1, 2013
why do the lesbians have short spiked hair & one will dress like a man. they say they are proud to be lesbians but yet one tries to look male. very puzzling . pe teacher must have been the 'male' with her spiked hair and man clothes.

Hilliard, OH

#38 May 1, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems reasonable
The child abusers in the catholic 'church' are protecting their turf by diverting the public attention toward the gay race
Homophobia is a religious disease that causes homophobes to physically and verbally assault strangers
Banning religion is the only way to stop homophobia until catholic leadership finds some other group of people to denigrate for sex and money
The gay "race"? You people really are narcissistic drama queens.
As for abolition of religion, your side would fare particularly poorly in Civil War II.

Location hidden

#39 May 1, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. seems they ignored lesbians... Maybe it's not as representative as you'd like to think. And what of priests who have had sex with girls. Are they homosexual too?
Eighty percent (80%).
Read it and weep.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#44 May 1, 2013
This has nothing to do with moral values.l It's all about protecting the Church's religious exemption status.

The church says it's not because she's gay but because she's in a relationship with another woman. Sounds gay to me.

BTW if God is behind the church and the faithful, why to they need special rules from the government?

Sounds to me like the Church and the faithful aren't that trusting of God's Will!

LMAO!

Hilliard, OH

#45 May 1, 2013
DNF wrote:
This has nothing to do with moral values.l It's all about protecting the Church's religious exemption status.
The church says it's not because she's gay but because she's in a relationship with another woman. Sounds gay to me.
BTW if God is behind the church and the faithful, why to they need special rules from the government?
Sounds to me like the Church and the faithful aren't that trusting of God's Will!
LMAO!
I guess you never learned that God granted humanity Free Will, and that includes the government.
How is the Church's teaching on gay relationships any different than heterosexual relationships? Sexual activity outside of marriage covers the same ground be the sinner straight or gay.

Planet Earth

#46 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Eighty percent (80%).
Read it and weep.
Avoiding the uncomfortable question? Let's try again. Are the priests who had sex with little girls gay?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 May 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not on the side of PEDOPHILE priests, nor of an institution that hypocritically protected them for decades.

Can't you see the difference?

Some kind of diminished capacity, perhaps?

btw: stay in your own lane. Don't bandy around professional terms like you know what they mean.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 May 1, 2013
Oh, and again, the "Sentinel" was NEVER a "leading magazine". That was "The Advocate".

We don't let such crap get column inches anymore.

Where's the "Sentinel" now, huh?

"The Advocate" is still here.

Argument by innuendo is a fallacy.

Planet Earth

#49 May 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not on the side of PEDOPHILE priests, nor of an institution that hypocritically protected them for decades.
Can't you see the difference?
Some kind of diminished capacity, perhaps?
btw: stay in your own lane. Don't bandy around professional terms like you know what they mean.
They spout "individual responsibility" amongst themselves, but when it comes to people they don't like, they want to hang them all for the crimes of a few. What hypocrisy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 2 hr Hope N Change you... 65
Neil Diamond returning to Columbus 3 hr Columbus 1
Allie Mongar 3 hr Whenthepartisover 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Free Pizza 4 U 3,585
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Here we go 2,455
Hocking College Student Found Dead In Columbus 3 hr anonymous 1
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 4 hr Black Rhino 14
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr Praying for Change 964
Catman Dave 6 hr They cannot kill ... 30
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance