Comments
1,541 - 1,560 of 7,684 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1659 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt, reasonable or otherwise, that George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin.
Really, Sherlock?
Now prove Zimmerman's actions meet the requirements of the state's charges.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1660 Jun 14, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
If the kids are casing homes sure exterminate them.
You mean, walking around, "looking about"?

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#1661 Jun 14, 2013
Oolongti wrote:
<quoted text>

How can someone declare self defense when the bullet went in the back and exited the front...( this was one story I read...so I don't know if this is true..)
You voted for Obama huh.

Location hidden

#1662 Jun 14, 2013
"We don't know enough of the facts yet, but these are more serious charges than most people expected, and it's a very, very heavy burden on the state of Florida to prove beyond a reasonable doubt all of the elements of second-degree murder."

-- Jeffrey Weiner, Florida attorney and former president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

Location hidden

#1663 Jun 14, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling into question a narrative is not the same as proving the charges.
The standard for self-defense is a preponderance of evidence. What Zimmerman has is a narrative, unsupported by a preponderance of evidence.

With regard to the killing, there is no reasonable doubt. Zimmerman admitted to killing Trayvon Martin.
kmh

Columbus, OH

#1664 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is why Tony's claim that the jury will make their decision based on this is a weak argument.
You are one very confused gal.

Tony is saying that the jury will have access to the court record wherein the Defendant has asserted his claim of self-defense.

Zimmerman doesn't need to take the stand.
His pleadings speak for him.

Location hidden

#1665 Jun 14, 2013
^^kmh^^ is "-tip-"

I employed her moniker against Johnson the other day.
Her double standard is too much to take.

Location hidden

#1666 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The standard for self-defense is a preponderance of evidence. What Zimmerman has is a narrative, unsupported by a preponderance of evidence.
With regard to the killing, there is no reasonable doubt. Zimmerman admitted to killing Trayvon Martin.
[It's like talking to a brick wall...]

Zimmerman doesn't have to prove self-defense.
The state has to prove that he did not act in self-defense, and that he acted out of a depraved mind.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#1667 Jun 14, 2013
Oolongti wrote:
<quoted text>Ha...this coming from someone who liberally name calls, defames and insults anyone who disagrees with him,and psychoanalyzes them as well..
PROJECTION much?
Again,how is it that YOU have decided that I'm a manic angry human being? I have never been emotional with you...I have never called you names, or disrespected anyone here...YOU on the other hand seem to slap that on the table with every post 8 hours a day.
As for the principle of innocent until proven guilty...
What innocence until proven guilty did Mr. Zimmerman give Trayvon?
What REASONABLE DOUBT did Mr. Zimmerman give Trayvon?
Seems to me you're the one with the red face....maybe you should look into some Yoga...it will help your blood pressure, and it just might help you get in touch with your OWN issues....
I really don't give a flying rat's ass what YOU think...you're just a silly scared old man with nothing better to do with his life than argue with people you don't know in order to make yourself feel better. I'm here for reasons OTHER than what you think....heheheh! Thank you for the information you've given me so far...it will come in handy.
Bigsby is a backwards yokel. Just like his name, he chose a clueless Chappelle character to fit his persona.

I cough up more interesting things than that imbecile.

United States

#1670 Jun 14, 2013
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding?
Pigment level huh.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/12120...
He got socked in the snout, well what would you expect any freighted male would do if he's being rushed, questioned, and then shoved very hard...hard enough to knock your blue tooth outta your ear ...as Dee Dee heard the commotion before the cell lost its connection with the ear piece.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#1671 Jun 14, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> He got socked in the snout, well what would you expect any freighted male would do if he's being rushed, questioned, and then shoved very hard...hard enough to knock your blue tooth outta your ear ...as Dee Dee heard the commotion before the cell lost its connection with the ear piece.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were another eye witness along with FKA Reader.

My apologies.

Carry on.

Location hidden

#1673 Jun 14, 2013
kmh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one very confused gal.
Tony is saying that the jury will have access to the court record wherein the Defendant has asserted his claim of self-defense.
Zimmerman doesn't need to take the stand.
His pleadings speak for him.
You mean all of those documents that the Defense has filed with the court (many arguably for the purpose of making public things that had been agreed to be held in confidence)?

No, they will not be presented to the jury. Some of them specifically lay out things that will NOT be presented to the jury. But none of those pre-trial motions go before the jury. And with regard to the arguing of such motions during the trial (for instance, in order to admit into evidence any of the things that cannot be brought up in the introductory statements), that will either take place in judges chambers, or the jury will be sent out while it is argued.

Sorry. The defense will have to present a case for self-defense.

Location hidden

#1674 Jun 14, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
[It's like talking to a brick wall...]
Zimmerman doesn't have to prove self-defense.
The state has to prove that he did not act in self-defense, and that he acted out of a depraved mind.
Ummm, chasing a kid around with a gun is pretty much indicative of a depraved mind.

You seem to believe that self-defense is an automatic assumption. It is not.

Location hidden

#1675 Jun 14, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> He got socked in the snout, well what would you expect any freighted male would do if he's being rushed, questioned, and then shoved very hard...hard enough to knock your blue tooth outta your ear ...as Dee Dee heard the commotion before the cell lost its connection with the ear piece.
WA--I was initially willing to believe that Trayvon took a punch in self-defense. However, having seen the pictures, I think it is far more reasonable that the blood came from two puncture wounds on the tip of the nose, and that these are consistent with recoil from the gun.

Beyond that, there are some facial scratches--not consistent with punching, but more likely with cutting through shrubbery.

The laceration to the back of the head--definitely NOT from banging against concrete might have come from an embedded sprinkler in the grass, a sign post, or something else with a sharp edge to it.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1676 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean all of those documents that the Defense has filed with the court (many arguably for the purpose of making public things that had been agreed to be held in confidence)?
No, they will not be presented to the jury. Some of them specifically lay out things that will NOT be presented to the jury. But none of those pre-trial motions go before the jury. And with regard to the arguing of such motions during the trial (for instance, in order to admit into evidence any of the things that cannot be brought up in the introductory statements), that will either take place in judges chambers, or the jury will be sent out while it is argued.
Sorry. The defense will have to present a case for self-defense.
Oh. My. Gawd.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1677 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
WA--I was initially willing to believe that Trayvon took a punch in self-defense. However, having seen the pictures, I think it is far more reasonable that the blood came from two puncture wounds on the tip of the nose, and that these are consistent with recoil from the gun.
Beyond that, there are some facial scratches--not consistent with punching, but more likely with cutting through shrubbery.
The laceration to the back of the head--definitely NOT from banging against concrete might have come from an embedded sprinkler in the grass, a sign post, or something else with a sharp edge to it.
That is your opinion from reading online. If circumstantial evidence is presented in court, a juror may have a different opinion based on the way the case is argued, based on the way Florida law is written, what the Court instructs and based on their own conclusion of what happened. Remember, too, that the experts can't seem to agree.

You are arguing that Zimmerman killed Martin. Yes, he did. He admitted it. That does not mean, however, that the trial will go as you wish. Nobody can predict what a jury will do, least of all someone who is armchair lawyering.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1678 Jun 14, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigsby is a backwards yokel. Just like his name, he chose a clueless Chappelle character to fit his persona.
I cough up more interesting things than that imbecile.
Your queen from Austin is so backwards he thinks Ashtray was shot in the back. You two will be a hoot as a butt buddy pair.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1679 Jun 14, 2013
Pale Rider 1001 wrote:
Clayton Bigsby lives on Topix.
No one spends as much of his time on Topix as does Bigsby. Nobody, but nobody.
Have you met Reader?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1680 Jun 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury is being abundantly cautioned during the selection process, and no doubt will be again during the judge's instructions, that any information beyond what was presented in court is not to be considered.
No, they say that? Really? The things you learn!

Location hidden

#1681 Jun 14, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion from reading online. If circumstantial evidence is presented in court, a juror may have a different opinion based on the way the case is argued, based on the way Florida law is written, what the Court instructs and based on their own conclusion of what happened. Remember, too, that the experts can't seem to agree.
You are arguing that Zimmerman killed Martin. Yes, he did. He admitted it. That does not mean, however, that the trial will go as you wish. Nobody can predict what a jury will do, least of all someone who is armchair lawyering.
WW--like everyone else here, I am entitled to an opinion.

You seem to think that there is only one set of allowable opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Arrested After Allegedly Stabbing, Assaulting... (Oct '12) 1 hr LONGTIMEFRIENDOFT... 21
Will The White House Get a Missle? 1 hr SteeleO 2
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Old Guy 30,507
We can't afford a war in Syria 3 hr d pantz 5
Where are all the original legacy posters? 3 hr d pantz 110
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... 3 hr American 11
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Anonymous of Indy 3,216
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 7 hr Tofte 2,291
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••